Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I've been thinking since I first saw this Batman, this cowl on the old body, which I like better, (don't like the tak style rubber bodysuit) and the Bale head, or Andy's, on this new one. Easy.

Otherwise, so-so on this figure. I am not liking it that much more than the first suit HT figure. Posable or no, I like the seperate armor parts better on the other one. Looks cleaner to me.

Now that is one hell of a great sculpt,no hesitation,im getting this one.

I know what you mean. At least Hot Toys waited a couple years before offering a vastly superior version of one of their figures this time.

I do like the idea of using the Bale head on the previous version, that is if you could actually remove the head easily. I just don't like having essentially two of the same type of figure on the shelf. I hope they don't do this to Joker.

I do like the idea of using the Bale head on the previous version, that is if you could actually remove the head easily. I just don't like having essentially two of the same type of figure on the shelf. I hope they don't do this to Joker.

Yeah. The cape looks completely different so that helps distinguish the two figures but still it's the same guy.

What's making me nervous is this from the Hot Toys newletter: "Besides of Batman and The Joker, we are going to surprise you with something superior and incredible in next month!...THREE more TDK items will be coming out in June. "

I wonder if they're talking about a battle damaged original suit or a new suit with the same Bale head or Joker with something or other. I suppose Two-Face will fill one of those slots and new suit will fill another...

Apart from the improved head sculpts, what makes it vastly superior?

Aside from the better likeness, it's got a second Bale head, more poseable suit, shorter cape, and a few more accessories. Not a huge difference but I do think it's the better of the two. Now if it's priced more then the first version, it'll even out with the first.

ABC Express has them up on eBay... Are they a good dealer to use?

just ordered one from em... Will order my second figure from bbts:lol

EDIT:Let me correct that.. i just ordered second batman figure from abcexpress as well.. so 2 ht original batman for me ..lalalalalala.. now for joker to go up

Last edited:
Yeah. The cape looks completely different so that helps distinguish the two figures but still it's the same guy.

What's making me nervous is this from the Hot Toys newletter: "Besides of Batman and The Joker, we are going to surprise you with something superior and incredible in next month!...THREE more TDK items will be coming out in June. "

I wonder if they're talking about a battle damaged original suit or a new suit with the same Bale head or Joker with something or other. I suppose Two-Face will fill one of those slots and new suit will fill another...
I think it'll be the Dark Knight Batman Suit, Two Face, and possibly Scarecrow.

Aside from the better likeness, it's got a second Bale head, more poseable suit, shorter cape, and a few more accessories. Not a huge difference but I do think it's the better of the two. Now if it's priced more then the first version, it'll even out with the first.

How is the suit more poseable? Looks to me like they aren't using the body stocking anymore, and have gone with a one piece rubber set of pants, so articulation in the knee is likely to be restricted, though I suspect you'll get just as much movement as the previous version. A few more accessories amounts to the pneumatic mangler.

I agree the headsculpts are superior. Other than that it's basically the same as the previous version. So far it's priced at $135 approx. I would definitely get it if I didn't already have the first version and the Takara, but I do, so I don't really need to get this one. Especially not when the new suit will show up next month along with a couple of other figures, let alone three Ironmen, and a Predator 1 lurking on the horizon.

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't but Hot Toys is saying he is.

Hot Toys - MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Costume)

This outstanding 1/6th scale Batman collectible, stands approximately 32 cm tall, featuring Hot Toys figure body with over 32 points of articulation.

The Batman head and the original Bat-suit are newly developed for The Dark Knight release, the newly developed Bat-suit is best fit for Hot Toys True Type body.

The articulation of Hot Toys True Type figure body is also improved for better poses, which is capable to nearly any pose that Batman presents in the movie.

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't but Hot Toys is saying he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookster

Hot Toys - MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Costume)

This outstanding 1/6th scale Batman collectible, stands approximately 32 cm tall, featuring Hot Toys figure body with over 32 points of articulation.

The Batman head and the original Bat-suit are newly developed for The Dark Knight release, the newly developed Bat-suit is best fit for Hot Toys True Type body.

The articulation of Hot Toys True Type figure body is also improved for better poses, which is capable to nearly any pose that Batman presents in the movie.

- I think all this is saying is that he has the true type body under the suit. the body without a rubber suit over it probably can do all the poses that Batman can.
I doubt that the Batman will have 32 points of articulation, the ankles certainly won't be able to move in those one piece boots, so that's two points gone already.
he still looks very stiff in that suit. hopefully the new suit will be alot more posable.

Last edited:
It's possible that this version is on Hot Toy's Armor Body that Sideshow is using for their Obi-Wan Clone armor, which would give him a much better range of movement. But yeah, HT says this one is more poseable now, so I'll take their word for it.

Getting out my old Batman Begins Batman figure I was able to pop his head and neck off its post and unless they're changing the post dramaticly it should take the new head with ease. And if they did change the post, then I guess it's time for more surgery....

Getting out my old Batman Begins Batman figure I was able to pop his head and neck off its post and unless they're changing the post dramaticly it should take the new head with ease. And if they did change the post, then I guess it's time for more surgery....

Whoever gets one and does this procedure first, needs to post what it entails, as I am sure many want to go this route.

Wow looks good all in all! Sticking with my Tak Bats although I do like the mini mine and pneumatic mangler (??!??! - will need to watch the new movie to find out what the hell it does?!?) as xtra accessories. As others have commented, not really digging the realistic skin texture HT have attempted - just looks wrong. Easy pass for me.

So Takara/Tomy never scored the license for the new movie? No Taks Dark Knight figure then? :monkey2

So Takara/Tomy never scored the license for the new movie? No Taks Dark Knight figure then? :monkey2

.......yet!

There's still time for Takara and Medi to make announcements, but they'll have to be pretty spectacular.
And going by the Tak Indy it might end up costing you over $350!
Tak also unveiled some new Cy/Cool Girls and their prices have shot up.

.......yet!

There's still time for Takara and Medi to make announcements, but they'll have to be pretty spectacular.

Wookster is it confirmed that is is an ASIA exclusive? as in only China and Japan?

.......yet!

Wookster is it confirmed that is is an ASIA exclusive? as in only China and Japan?

Please excuse my dumbness - what's an Asia exclusive... the Taks DK figure or the Indy figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back