Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are lucky bat1975 because you have 2 Batman OC, many fans (like me) don't have this figure...

I missed a sale this morning, I can't buy it this month because I bought the Batman Begins Takara and the Two-Face Medicom... I hope I will find one in october.

Just fix the damaged one the best you can and display that - posability at the waist shouldn't be a mojor factor - once displayed he's just standing upright... right?

The boxed one - if you want a boxed one then cool - personally I don't understand not removing stuff from the box but hey ho

Or open the boxed one and display the brand spanking new one

Or sell the boxed one and make loads of dosh

Yeah, all good advice. It's funny, I knew I never should have jumped into the 1/6 world. I'm a bat-nut, and I'm a little OCD about having one to display and one in a box of figs I really like. Combine that craziness with super expensive toys, and you get a recipe for disaster.
All things considered, I should just display the slightly damaged one, and keep the other one in the box, but it just bothers me to know that it's kind of messed up. oh well...

By the way, if I did want to take one more stab at fixing it, does anyone have recommendations on what kind of glue to use to fix the suit. I tried hot glue, and that gave as soon as I moved it, I tried a silicone glue, that worked quite a bit better. Any tips from the pros???

I'm a bat-nut, and I'm a little OCD about having one to display and one in a box of figs I really like...All things considered, I should just display the slightly damaged one, and keep the other one in the box, but it just bothers me to know that it's kind of messed up.

I don't understand - why do you have two copies of the figure?

Isn't it so you have one in the box, in pristine condition, at all times....and so that you can display the other, without fear of dirt or damage, secure in the knowledge that you always have that other, perfect copy?

It sounds like you got two, and displayed one, because you were prepared for this eventuality. So nothing has changed, as long as you can continue to pose and display the original display copy...you still have peace of mind with respect to the one you wanted to remain perfect.

I don't understand - why do you have two copies of the figure?

Isn't it so you have one in the box, in pristine condition, at all times....and so that you can display the other, without fear of dirt or damage, secure in the knowledge that you always have that other, perfect copy?

It sounds like you got two, and displayed one, because you were prepared for this eventuality. So nothing has changed, as long as you can continue to pose and display the original display copy...you still have peace of mind with respect to the one you wanted to remain perfect.

Yeah, what he said.

If you're saying that you need one MIB and a mint figuree on display at all times then you may be in the wrong hobby. People get caught up in the term "collectible" and what that means but the bottom line is these things are toys for grownups and like anything with articulation, small pieces, intricate details and varied materials eventually something is gonna give.

Just think of your MIB Batman as the Hero Batman and the displayed Batman as his stunt double. :D

Consider yourself lucky - a lot of people are going crazy trying to find just one of this guy for a decent price.
Except for Nash, who has constructed a throne out of MIB OC Batmans. :lol

You guys are all totally right (and yes, for the record, I am a little embarassed about b*tching about my current situation when other folks are trying to get their hands on one OC bats, much less two-but believe me, I've been there too with other toys.)
Like I said, I think this is way too expensive a hobby for me. From now on, I'll just window shop. I'll take one last try at this though: does anyone have any tips on what kind of glue to use to fix the suit (in other words, I need to reattach the top half of the suit to the second half)????

It's true, with the ability to put the figure back in the box pretty much exactly like it was packaged why on earth would there ever be a need to have two EXCEPT for the one previously mentioned scenerio where you'd just want one if the other eventually got ruined. Plus isn't having a MIB version only good if you're ever planning to sell it? This is a hobby where if the figure i in good condition the buyers don't care much about MIB item so long as it come with the original box.

All that being said, I just sold an extra MIB one that was never opened, but it wasn't my extra, it was my buddy's who only had a few 12 inch and wanted to get rid of a few luxuries he felt he didn't need, He to was under the impression that he needed to leave these things n the box and he gave it to me because i new this hobby much better, to try and get the maxmium buck i could for it which is why i just put it on ebay and didn't bother to shop it here as I knew i wasn't going to be giving deal on it. I listed it at about 328 and it sold for that. My friend was happy and the guy that bought it was happy so it was a win win situation.

I still love mine, i have had one open for about a year or so and because of my limited posing the figure is pristine. All you need to do is take good care of it then you won't need another MIB version. Not to say you can't pose it either but just do it carefully and never leave it posed always wash your hands before touching him so finger oils do not ruin the rubber. It's pretty hard to ruin a figure if you just take care of it.

I'll take one last try at this though: does anyone have any tips on what kind of glue to use to fix the suit (in other words, I need to reattach the top half of the suit to the second half)????

I'm not an expert by any means - but did you consider non-glue alternatives? Perhaps some adhesive or physical object connecting the two (in such a way as it can't be seen - maybe under the suit?)

I don't know, maybe that's a bad suggestion, and I don't really understand your situation - but sometimes thinking outside the box is helpful.

I didn't understand at first ether but it what i think happened is he snapped the leg so in order to switch the bodies he had to cut the rubber to get the body out and i guess he did that at the wast where the belt covers t up. I really doubt any glue will hold this, i'd try and staple it or something. However i do think this is the case with the dark knight version and i do think it was glued but its also a tight fit so it can stay up without any glue at all

If you look at the OC rubber suit, it's basically two pieces: the tunic, which actually has sort of a wrap around cod piece (over the crotch), and then the legs, of course. When the leg snapped, I had to take the suit off, in order to place it on a new body. The gluing is necessary to put the suit back together (and it's also, btw, the way hot toys did it in the first place).
Haytil, I have considered what you're thinking. I'd thought about some kind of velcro. For now, I glued it on one more time with silicone glue. Basically, it'll hold, as long as I don't try anything too extreme with the legs.
After everyone's feedback, I decided to just stick with the plan and keep the one that's in perfect condition in the box, and still display the slightly banged up one. Oh well, I can always call it "battle damage"...

Sounds like though since you swapped the leg and all if you can find a glue to hold the rubber together you'd never even notice that it was broken in the first place right? Also did you try and contact hot toys? They are pretty good about replacing broken items f you have pics and proof of payment. you might get a brand new one!

Y'know, that hadn't even occurred to me, but I figure it's worth a try. I just emailed hot toys, so we'll see what happens...

Stick with the silicone glue. You want to avoid any glues that would dry hard or potentially eat away at the suit (eg super glue), and anything like velcro would bulk up the suit - besides, the second you make a hole to sew or staple you weaken the suit material and you can guarantee it'll rip.

also be sure to send pics and if possible a receipt with your first email to them.. there is a night and day difference in resonse time if you include that stuff right off the bat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back