1/6 Hot Toys MMS 534 Avengers: Endgame - Nebula Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy's pose doesn't look too bad...although it being slightly out-of-focus is bugging the hell out of me lol.

Screenshot_2021-01-08 (1) NEBULA - HOT TOYS - AVENGERS ENDGAME - MMS 534 REVIEW - YouTube.jpeg

Thanks! Yep I feel the same way - the fists seem small in person, but the other hands look great.

The fists are definitely undersized/underscaled, but I guess it passed the vibe check with HT QC...as does much of their s*** these days. :cuckoo:

Got mine earlier this week from AE and finally had a chance to open it up today. The articulation isn't great (especially the boots and robotic arm), but the head sculpt is fantastic, and she looks pretty great posed up with the rest of my GotG collection. I currently have her holding her blaster in a simple cocked hips museum pose, but I'd really love to do something more dynamic once I figure out how to work the suit/articulation better.

:lol I don't know why I didn't see that! :slap

My first thought was he was trying to capture the laid back feel of the Guardians in this promo pic, just without the wall. Although I suppose her holding weapons pretty much negates that vibe lol...

View attachment 503344

That's exactly the pose I was planning to do! I wanted to have her leaning against the detolf wall holding a yaro root (or something similar), but I'm iffy about leaving her knee bent that far for long (and balance on one foot is also tricky). Maybe I can pull off one of the cross-legged leaning poses.

Of course this may be asking for too much but I would've liked it if some parts of Nebula can be disassembled like in IW

wlf3cZU.jpg

got my nebula today! absolutely love the details on the suit and headsculpt, though completely agree that posing is a little tough with this one, especially with the legs and feet. took some photos and really happy with how she looks, though!

QX2A1375.jpg

QX2A1389.jpg

QX2A1396.jpg

QX2A1399.jpg

QX2A1406.jpg

QX2A1414.jpg

QX2A1418.jpg

Of course this may be asking for too much but I would've liked it if some parts of Nebula can be disassembled like in IW

wlf3cZU.jpg

Well, you've seen what HT charges for a basic figure with a couple of spare hands; I'm not sure many of us could afford to get a deluxe version of her lol. Besides, they'd likely attach said "parts" with magnets similar to what they use on Iron Man face plates & panels, and with their cheap glue you'd eventually find half of her on the floor of your detolf. :wink1:

Got mine today. She looks really good -- the head sculpt is excellent and the costume is well tailored and very detailed.

The ankles having no articulation is awful, though, and really hampers posing. I also don't think the silhouette quite matches Karen Gillan's.

As for the holster, I had a hard time getting it on at first until I realized the straps on it are an extremely soft rubber, allowing you to pretty much completely straighten them out without fear of ripping.

I spent some time looking for a dynamic pose that would look great without putting too much pressure on the suit, and I landed on this action-ready pose with her batons. She looked really cool aiming her blaster straight ahead, but I felt a bit iffy about having so much fabric bunching up at the shoulder for extended periods.

ht guardians.jpg

I may tweak the pose again now and then, but my Guardians shelf is finally complete. :yess:

I spent some time looking for a dynamic pose that would look great without putting too much pressure on the suit, and I landed on this action-ready pose with her batons. She looked really cool aiming her blaster straight ahead, but I felt a bit iffy about having so much fabric bunching up at the shoulder for extended periods.

I may tweak the pose again now and then, but my Guardians shelf is finally complete. :yess:

Nice pose! :rock

View attachment 503424

Cool shelf. I LOVE that Groot. Kicking myself daily for not buying it way back when. I don't know why I didn't. Stupid.

got my nebula today! absolutely love the details on the suit and headsculpt, though completely agree that posing is a little tough with this one, especially with the legs and feet. took some photos and really happy with how she looks, though!

View attachment 503384

View attachment 503385

View attachment 503386

View attachment 503387

View attachment 503388

View attachment 503389

View attachment 503390

Mighty fine photos! They look like they could be screen shots :clap

Well, you've seen what HT charges for a basic figure with a couple of spare hands; I'm not sure many of us could afford to get a deluxe version of her lol. Besides, they'd likely attach said "parts" with magnets similar to what they use on Iron Man face plates & panels, and with their cheap glue you'd eventually find half of her on the floor of your detolf. :wink1:

Yeah I figured as such, but a falling apart Nebula would go good with IW Thanos :lol

Nice pose! :rock

Yep, nice pose!

The legs look longer when you part them...

(that's what she said)

Cool shelf. I LOVE that Groot. Kicking myself daily for not buying it way back when. I don't know why I didn't. Stupid.

Thanks!!! :hi5:

GotG1 Groot is one of the top 3 figures in my collection, and I almost didn't pick it up when it first came out. I had just started collecting, didn't have a lot of display space (or spare funds), and didn't think I needed a giant tree. The final product photos (and initial reviews) changed my mind, but it wasn't an obvious decision to make. And this is coming from someone who absolutely loves the first movie and the whole dynamic between Rocket and Groot.

The knock off is actually really good, especially for $75 shipped. Not being a human character, the lesser paint work is more forgivable or with a repaint it's superior to the stock Hot toys Groot.

Back