Hot Toys MMS 501 Black Panther - Shuri

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven?t got a 10 day notice in a long time. But big bad toys store just sent me my notice that this figure should be arriving in the warehouse in 10 days. Sadly with their processing and shipping it?s going to be closer to a month before I get it but at least I know I?m getting it.

Yeah I received the notice as well and was surprised a bit. D'oooohhhhhh man it's coming!!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Ga'hhhh can't wait for it!!! :thud:

This will be my first HT female figure :monkey3

Now to wait for Killmonger :impatient: :gah:

Shuri arrived yesterday. Here's a couple of quick phone pics. I put my spare Mark L base under hers to give her a boost.

shuri2.jpeg

shuri1.jpeg

Looks great!!! I really like how all of these figures turned out in the end. Now if HT can nail the Killmonger figure.
I keep telling myself not to buy T?chaka but he?ll be the only one I don?t have from the set and I really like the helmet on it

Great setup! :clap

Looks great!!! I really like how all of these figures turned out in the end. Now if HT can nail the Killmonger figure.
I keep telling myself not to buy T?chaka but he?ll be the only one I don?t have from the set and I really like the helmet on it

I've got all the figures thus far (not to bothered to obtain the throne diorama), and agree, impatiently waiting for Killmonger LOL T'Chaka's great.

So I received this figure last Monday, but was away on vacation and finally got around to it tonight and gotta say, wow, what an incredible figure! :clap

The headsculpt is spot-on and is pretty much exactly the same as the prototype we were shown (unlike Chadwick...). The detailing with her hair is impressive (unlike the Marge Simpson Chadwick hair...). The costume is tailored exceptionally well and I'm really digging the material and how form fitting it is.

So kudos to the HT team for pulling off an amazing final product! Having this figure in-hand really makes me regret never picking up Yondu, despite being really impressed by that figure as well... :slap

Anyways behold some cellphone photos!
20190922_225407.jpg
20190922_225421.jpg
20190922_225433.jpg
20190922_225448.jpg
20190922_225500.jpg
20190922_225542.jpg
20190922_225552.jpg
20190922_225609.jpg
20190922_225619.jpg
20190922_225705.jpg
20190922_225750.jpg

So my only gripe is that my Shuri's left arm came with a couple nicks. I was hoping it was just dust, but unfortunately when running my fingers across it the nicks were indented inwards, meaning they were cut or something during the production.

nick1.jpg
nick2.jpg

She is amazing!
Can't wait for mine and yes hope HT nailed killmonger. I hope the delay means they are improving it.
They are the only two from the BP line. We'll see what we get from BP2

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice closeup pics, wow I didn't note the subtle pattern on the cloth piece, g'ahh Shuri is cute.

Great pics gmoney5000! :clap Shuri looks fantastic! :yess:

Thanks guys! Yeah she really is a quality piece of work! I would say if you're on the fence about her, don't wait as I'm sure the production run for this figure probably wasn't much (ala Yondu) so pick her up before she sells out completely and sky rockets in the aftermarket.

Thanks guys! Yeah she really is a quality piece of work! I would say if you're on the fence about her, don't wait as I'm sure the production run for this figure probably wasn't much (ala Yondu) so pick her up before she sells out completely and sky rockets in the aftermarket.

I agree with you 100% this is a fantastic figure!

Thanks for sharing your photos they do a good job of capturing how great the likeness is as well as showing how great the detailing on the costume
is!

Finally, I also agree that anyone contemplating getting this should pull the trigger, if you don’t you will likely regret it

Belated plaudits on the excellent photography. It was a busy week so I'd set her up quite quickly and moved on to other things, but seeing those close-ups made me go back and really appreciate the fine detailing. With the exception of her being a bit short (obviously not a deal breaker), HT really knocked this one out of the park!

Belated plaudits on the excellent photography. It was a busy week so I'd set her up quite quickly and moved on to other things, but seeing those close-ups made me go back and really appreciate the fine detailing. With the exception of her being a bit short (obviously not a deal breaker), HT really knocked this one out of the park!

Thank you sir! Yeah this figure really needs the close-ups to highlight all the details in the outfit and the fantastic headsculpt. Glad my photos prompted you to go back and appreciate this fine figure!

Side question, so how is Alterego Comics when it comes to replacement parts? This is my first order from them and I emailed them about the arm issue and I know that their customer service is only run by one person, but generally how long does it take them to reply (it's been 2 days since I emailed them) and are they good with helping the customers out with these kind of minor replacements?

Thank you sir! Yeah this figure really needs the close-ups to highlight all the details in the outfit and the fantastic headsculpt. Glad my photos prompted you to go back and appreciate this fine figure!

Side question, so how is Alterego Comics when it comes to replacement parts? This is my first order from them and I emailed them about the arm issue and I know that their customer service is only run by one person, but generally how long does it take them to reply (it's been 2 days since I emailed them) and are they good with helping the customers out with these kind of minor replacements?

That's an excellent question. I've never had to get a replacement part from them, so I'm not sure. They're not a huge operation (it's an actual brick & mortar comic shop in Lima, Ohio), so I doubt they buy extra HT stock to have on hand just in case. I'm guessing they'd have to contact their supplier (Sideshow?) to procure the part. If you don't get an answer by COB today, I suggest calling them directly to see what it entails. Could be they're waiting to hear back before answering you.

That's an excellent question. I've never had to get a replacement part from them, so I'm not sure. They're not a huge operation (it's an actual brick & mortar comic shop in Lima, Ohio), so I doubt they buy extra HT stock to have on hand just in case. I'm guessing they'd have to contact their supplier (Sideshow?) to procure the part. If you don't get an answer by COB today, I suggest calling them directly to see what it entails. Could be they're waiting to here back before answering you.

Hmm, yeah that's a good suggestion. I may give em a call if I don't hear back soon...thanks! :hi5:

Finally opened mine today. Beautiful figure, as others have noted. Vulnerable arms, as others have noted. The right arm of my figure has a few defects. I suppose if I can't land a replacement arm, I can think of it as realistically imperfect skin. :)

Finally opened mine today. Beautiful figure, as others have noted. Vulnerable arms, as others have noted. The right arm of my figure has a few defects. I suppose if I can't land a replacement arm, I can think of it as realistically imperfect skin. :)

What's wrong with your figure's arm?

The material used for the arms is very very delicate, much softer than any other HT figure I?ve owned but it does allow for natural skin creasing. That being said it can damage very easy. I had the gauntlets on for about a week and took them off the other day to change her pose and they left a tiny line on the arms which you can see lightly in the pic. I?m going to check tonight and see if the lines have came out a bit. Love this figure though, definitely a stand out piece in my collection
bc9a228024a1b1e6851bef6f12b9b304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The material used for the arms is very very delicate, much softer than any other HT figure I?ve owned but it does allow for natural skin creasing. That being said it can damage very easy. I had the gauntlets on for about a week and took them off the other day to change her pose and they left a tiny line on the arms which you can see lightly in the pic. I?m going to check tonight and see if the lines have came out a bit. Love this figure though, definitely a stand out piece in my collection
bc9a228024a1b1e6851bef6f12b9b304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pic! Shuri is my first HT female figure; I'll be weary about her arms. This may be unpopular, however I would've liked jointed elbows (single-jointed to make it as seamless as possible) instead of seamless arms, but nevertheless the figure's aesthetics are incredible.

Back