Hot Toys MMS 501 Black Panther - Shuri

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This went from "ehhh, nice to have but going to pass" to "holy heck, I've got to have this!". It really is a stunning representation! Can't wait til Tuesday...

In the event you receive a defective figure from SSC, do they send you a completely new replacement? And are they responsible for return shipping of the defective back to SSC or do they still make you go through the trouble of destroying it and providing photos? Thanks in advance.

In the event you receive a defective figure from SSC, do they send you a completely new replacement? And are they responsible for return shipping of the defective back to SSC or do they still make you go through the trouble of destroying it and providing photos? Thanks in advance.

Depends, if its just a single bad part like a hand or head or arm that is easily separated from the rest they may just send that one part, and you provide photos of the defective part destroyed once you get the new part and are satisfied with it. If its something more they may just initiate a return and replace the whole figure, they provide a shipping label. I imagine it boils down to whether or not the part(s) in question is something they can do anything with on their end or not. I've never had them ask to destroy an entire figure, just heads or arms or Iron Man torsos. I think total destruction rather than return shipping is more common with statues.

If they have no other figures or parts available they'll offer some credit as compensation or let you return it for a full refund.

Just arrived, really excellent in person. Sculpt and detail are top notch.

I quickly raised the stand up just a bit to even out the height and it does help, she really is unfortunately short without a bit of fiddling with the display, but this is hardly the first time for HT and female figures. I do wish they had went with a jointed arm instead of seamless, instead of having to laboriously slide on those bicep cuffs (they include some plastic sleeves to help do so without marking the arms) that will inevitably imprint on the arm anyway, they could have perfectly hid a useful swivel joint. Also with the panther cannons there you would barely see a elbow joint anyway, especially since you could actually bend the arm for a more dynamic pose. The cannons and the cuffs are going to mar those arms in the long run anyway. Not a reason to avoid the figure, but frustrating none the less. Wonder if there is a jointed arm out there that would work for a swap...

2c7j3eV.jpg

My last flex pay for this is supposed to be on the 10th. Any hope that it will ship out fairly soon?

My last flex pay for this is supposed to be on the 10th. Any hope that it will ship out fairly soon?

Yep, it?ll ship pretty much right away. I haven?t even made my first flex payment and SSC told me it?s waiting to go out as soon as it?s paid. Going to pay it off Wednesday.

Sideshow shipped my Shuri! Try saying that 5 times fast! I should get it next week!

I should have mine today. I had to hold it and a UPS hub way out of the way because I can no longer authorize a release without a signature for some reason. Must be a new Sideshow policy. I had to fill out a form with them and send in my card and ID to get an authorization.

I should have mine today. I had to hold it and a UPS hub way out of the way because I can no longer authorize a release without a signature for some reason. Must be a new Sideshow policy. I had to fill out a form with them and send in my card and ID to get an authorization.

That?s odd, I was able to sign for mine on the ups mychoice site so they?ll just leave it at my door.
Mine will arrive Friday. So stoked.

bp2.jpg
So was a great day!! Finally got my dj customs wakanda king set in and Suri. Both are pretty perfect in my book, was very impressed with the dj set as its the first type of third party figure/clothing set I have ever bought.

That?s an awesome set Zalesk37. Makes me want to pick up the Wakanda throne. Shuri does look pretty tiny compared to T?chaka. Not sure there is a way to give her ankle extensions to make her taller like what worked with Hela.

Ok
So mine arrived yesterday but I didn?t really have time to open the box until a few minutes ago. I have to say that I am blown away by this figure!!!!

I have taken a few pictures of her in my dining room but I assure you that this figure looks much better in hand than my mediocre photography skills can represent.

If you are at all on the fence about this character you should get her, she turned out great ...

Attachments

• 44650050-416C-4CF7-945B-5162E77D47EA.jpg
    44650050-416C-4CF7-945B-5162E77D47EA.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 256
Btw her shoulders can rotate forward and back which should allow for great posing options without excessive gaping.

Attachments

• ECF888CD-5349-4035-BC21-49FC40BF6081.jpg
    ECF888CD-5349-4035-BC21-49FC40BF6081.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 1C61F72E-B294-457C-A6EF-DE3A94F12E99.jpg
    1C61F72E-B294-457C-A6EF-DE3A94F12E99.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 255
  • 3FFD2B06-9325-4BD7-AF77-B9FCBB874C96.jpg
    3FFD2B06-9325-4BD7-AF77-B9FCBB874C96.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 38806461-1C1E-42A5-A939-0F52318F8424.jpg
    38806461-1C1E-42A5-A939-0F52318F8424.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 256
I haven’t got a 10 day notice in a long time. But big bad toys store just sent me my notice that this figure should be arriving in the warehouse in 10 days. Sadly with their processing and shipping it’s going to be closer to a month before I get it but at least I know I’m getting it.

Back