Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!

Apparently I?ve become obsessed with Rey in the Throne Room of late. I promise to get to Kylo at some point, but he just doesn?t do it for me as much...

Unlike many, I’ve had very few complaints about this figure. But I can’t argue that the likeness is greatly enhanced at the up angle as demonstrated below.

6D9B2B1A45BD43FAB3EA.jpeg

Awesome pic!

Snagged this figure minus the Porgs for a deal and super happy with it. Wanted one Rey and liked the outfit and hair down look more than the others that are out and upcoming - if the new Rey comes with the Yellow Saber, may upgrade.

You could always make your own. It's just the end of her staff.

If you’re looking to bring out the Ridley likeness in this figure, here are the steps that seem to work for me:

1. Light her face from the top, slightly to her left.
2. Shoot her from slightly underneath.
3. A *slightly* softer focus of her face.

The figure has an intensity that makes sense for the TLJ version, but too much intensity buries Daisy because her features are subtle and warm, not dark and intense... if that makes any sense.

I’ve been able to get pretty good results with this technique. The lips are still a bit too full, IMHO, but over all it’s a very solid sculpt.

67EC081538B54D6498BF.jpeg

Last edited:
The above shots help to make this figure look more like Daisy.

But not going to lie, I was really disappointed by HT's 3 attempts at Rey. TROS sculpt is just so bad I couldn't bring myself to PO it, despite wanting to collect a full line of Reys.

The face is too thin for Daisy, but this is still easily my favorite look for the character. I love the gray color and her hair being down.

Second fave would be Resistance Rey.

Not only do I think the TROS sculpt is awful, but after seeing the movie, I kinda despise the "reset" outfit with the child buns again. I think it spits in the face of character development and evolution.

Hard to disagree with any of this. I think the ROS Rey we get will be better than the one photographed in the promo pics. Not because that is the usual turn of events, but because the promo sculpt is SO bad, they almost don?t have a choice.

I know there is a lot of wishful thinking here, but think about it. The ROS outfit and hairstyle are so similar to scavenger Rey, and while I did like ROS and DO want a Rey from that movie, I am going to be joined by A LOT of my friends here in NOT shelling out big bucks for the sculpt revealed thus far.

As usual, the JC Hong supervised paint master is far superior, so they need to get the production figure A LOT closer to it than the promo sculpt.

I have to admit that the proto (as opposed to the promo) looks at least a bit better in the secret base footage than the promo pics.

Forward to 1:28

Last edited:
Yeah the likeness still isn't great in that Secret Base video, but it does at least look a lot less... weird, and is something I could probably live with if they don't make any improvements.

Thanks guys!

Apparently I?ve become obsessed with Rey in the Throne Room of late. I promise to get to Kylo at some point, but he just doesn?t do it for me as much...

Unlike many, I’ve had very few complaints about this figure. But I can’t argue that the likeness is greatly enhanced at the up angle as demonstrated below.

6D9B2B1A45BD43FAB3EA.jpeg

It's a gorgeous scene, I think people who don't even like the film can admit that the setting here is aesthetically gorgeous.

I enjoyed everything Rey and Kylo (minus a needed missing scene when Rey wakes and takes the broken saber) and would?ve preferred TROS stick with the TLJ parentage reveal.

In reality the film indeed happened, yes. But the beauty of a pretend universe is the ability to also pretend what did and didn’t happen in it.

That’s your right of course. That is called head canon though which there is nothing wrong with that.

That’s exactly what it’s called. Quite common, even among filmmakers. All this stuff is make believe, so it can be whatever you want it to be.

Yup, I may recognize the prequels as being the official canon, but every time I rewatch ANH and listen to Obi-Wan talk of the Jedi Knights as "guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic" and Anakin as a "cunning warrior and good friend", I still find myself imagining something very different that what we actually got.

Back