Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted to spend the money on various accessories and companions for Last Jedi Luke, instead, but I will mostly spend my June hobby money on Rey. While the writers have sometimes mishandled her arc (or at least the pacing of her arc), I find her compelling as hell, and I've wanted a kickass figure of her since opening weekend of The Force Awakens. Indeed, I'm still tempted to get that first TFA version of Rey, not least because she remains pretty affordable and includes BB-8. But aspects of that figure have aged poorly in my opinion; the neck joint is much more glaring (the TLJ Rey's hair seems to obscure it more; I for one much prefer the one-piece head-and-neck approach), and she has something of a zombie expression.

Mostly, I'm just posting this comment to subscribe to the thread so I don't miss any new photos!

I'm tempted to spend the money on various accessories and companions for Last Jedi Luke, instead, but I will mostly spend my June hobby money on Rey. While the writers have sometimes mishandled her arc (or at least the pacing of her arc), I find her compelling as hell, and I've wanted a kickass figure of her since opening weekend of The Force Awakens. Indeed, I'm still tempted to get that first TFA version of Rey, not least because she remains pretty affordable and includes BB-8. But aspects of that figure have aged poorly in my opinion; the neck joint is much more glaring (the TLJ Rey's hair seems to obscure it more; I for one much prefer the one-piece head-and-neck approach), and she has something of a zombie expression.

Mostly, I'm just posting this comment to subscribe to the thread so I don't miss any new photos!

I would recommend TLJ Rey. It's a great figure. I can see what people are saying about the face sculpt, but it doesn't bother me. From a few feet away, it definitely looks like Daisy Ridley. Also - the outfit is awesome, and she comes with the light-up saber effect. If you're only planning on getting one Rey, then you might want to wait and see how TROS Rey turns out.

If you're only planning on getting one Rey, then you might want to wait and see how TROS Rey turns out.

That has indeed been a consideration; it'd be a bummer to have waited all this time, only to finally commit to buying Jedi Training Rey and then have a cooler version arrive in a few months.

I went with TFA Rey but I’m hoping the ROS Head can replace it. The first two I feel are passable. I usually just keep the head wrap covering the face entirely.

428EC792-C322-4D25-AC89-27FE23B05C9F.jpg

Would any people here be interested in a 1/6 scale Rey's speeder as seen in the Force awakens and teased by Hot toys? Hot toys said they are not going to release it but there's a great initiative on the Facebook group of Jazzinc (well known by his amazing dioramas and recently Luke's speeder from a New Hope. He will only make it of there are at least 50 people interested so should you want to be part of it head over to his group and let him know you'd be interested in one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JazzIncStarWarsDioramas

Has anyone tried fitting the TLJ Rey light-up lightsaber arm on the other versions of the character? I just picked up a Resistance Rey, and I'd love to give her a full saber if it's possible.

Has anyone tried fitting the TLJ Rey light-up lightsaber arm on the other versions of the character? I just picked up a Resistance Rey, and I'd love to give her a full saber if it's possible.

I have. Skin tone on the TLG arm is a bit too light to match with TFA Rey, and I found the switch a bit fiddly to turn on and off with the arm wrap (you’ll also need to use the TLG wraps instead of the TFA ones). Do it too much, and the wrap could get damaged.

I have. Skin tone on the TLG arm is a bit too light to match with TFA Rey, and I found the switch a bit fiddly to turn on and off with the arm wrap (you’ll also need to use the TLG wraps instead of the TFA ones). Do it too much, and the wrap could get damaged.

Shoot! Well, it did look like the skin tone might've been a problem. Ah, well. Nothing stopping the use of a plain, non light-up saber of course.

Finally got around to putting this look together that I've been wanting for awhile, after picking up another Kylo lightsaber that I could wire to work outside his arm. I know it was only on screen for like 3 seconds, but it was such a badass moment that I had to have it anyway. :D

20191116_191441 (2).jpg

20191116_190827 (2).jpg

20191116_191008 (2).jpg

20191116_190904 (2).jpg

Great work, davejames. Looks good with the Ren saber.

Looking at these shots and considering the forthcoming TROS version that was just shown and announced. ..This one is clearly a better looking figure.
Something looks cheap and rushed about that one.

Back