Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question I see a lot of folks PO on BBTS instead of Sideshow, is that mainly due to them doing the NRD? I'm starting to go the route of BBTS for my Hot Toys figures because I hate the NRD & even though I love getting those points and using them for figures like I did recently with ROTJ Luke not sure its worth it anymore.

With the new $4 shipping at bbts, you actually will save money if you purchase a figure without a coupon code.

With the new $4 shipping at bbts, you actually will save money if you purchase a figure without a coupon code.
If you use a coupon code plus the reward points you probably end up better off ordering through Sideshow still. However if you bundle it with other things that you order from bbts then you really start saving that much more money.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you use a coupon code plus the reward points you probably end up better off ordering through Sideshow still. However if you bundle it with other things that you order from bbts then you really start saving that much more money.

Very true, didn't think about that. wow!

SS shipping rates are ridiculous. Even more so if you want a pack out. I have a couple of pre-orders left with them but I no longer order from them.

I have no problem with a NRD though. I actually prefer to pay up front and not have to think about payment when it releases :lol

I stated this in the other Tarkin thread, but to me, the only benefit to ordering from SSC is the payment plan option. If you're trying to budget several figures at once, or just budget figures with the rest of the things you need to commit money to in everyday life, the payment plan makes a big different, since you can budget for $50 a month for a few months and then the balance at shipping, as opposed to the few hundred dollars you drop all at once at shipping with other retailers.

Personally, I've never had a problem with SSC customer service, they've actually been pretty nice anytime I've needed anything, but BBTS also has friendly customer service, and their shipping rates are WAAAAYYYY better than SSC. Plus, no NRD, if you care about such things.

If you can afford it, BBTS is the better buy. I only use SSC for the payment plans and the rewards points, but I imagine after I clear out the pre-orders I have with them, I'll just use my rewards points on some Star Wars figure I want like Anakin and just be done with them.

I'll keep ordering with Sideshow but only with the $20 coupon. Otherwise it's too much. NRD doesn't bother me much. I was annoyed after the Finn production head looked nothing like the prototype and wanted to cancel from Alter Ego but I think they had no cancellations after 30 days or something.

I stated this in the other Tarkin thread, but to me, the only benefit to ordering from SSC is the payment plan option. If you're trying to budget several figures at once, or just budget figures with the rest of the things you need to commit money to in everyday life, the payment plan makes a big different, since you can budget for $50 a month for a few months and then the balance at shipping, as opposed to the few hundred dollars you drop all at once at shipping with other retailers.

Personally, I've never had a problem with SSC customer service, they've actually been pretty nice anytime I've needed anything, but BBTS also has friendly customer service, and their shipping rates are WAAAAYYYY better than SSC. Plus, no NRD, if you care about such things.

If you can afford it, BBTS is the better buy. I only use SSC for the payment plans and the rewards points, but I imagine after I clear out the pre-orders I have with them, I'll just use my rewards points on some Star Wars figure I want like Anakin and just be done with them.

SSC has treated me well too, especially the customer service like you pointed out but you are right about BBTS, the shipping is so much cheaper & honestly these figure won't be released till next summer so it gives me plenty of time to put money aside for any figure I'm interested in.

I have ROTJ Luke on PO through SSC I used my two years worth of SS points so I only owed $100 after & that's payed now so I owe nothing just have to sit & wait. Like you might be my last order through them, I think I prefer BBTS.

I thought it was one or the other. You can combine RPs and use a code on top of that?

I agree 100%
NRD doesn't bother me a bit.
Sideshow's customer service has been spectacular plus when my order is ready to ship I get it next day. But those shipping prices plus taxes I am better off purchasing from BBTS. I've only purchased a couple 1/12 figures from them in the past but this month POed 3 HT Figs for next year.

I thought it was one or the other. You can combine RPs and use a code on top of that?

I don't think you can. You can either use a coupon or use RPs but not both, so it takes the shine off the whole $20 coupon. I tend to pay about $12 more per HT fig on shipping from SSC than BBTS (I still use faster shipping but will probably go to $4 with my Pile of Loot option saving even MORE). Multiply that times a half dozen figures and you're paying significantly more from SSC....2 packs like this will be even more expensive from SSC to ship.

I thought someone tried using both and was able to get it.
I think I'm gonna go with the $4 shipping. I can wait. I hope the savings there isn't reflected in their packing/shipping.
I've got about $80 in RPs most of it pending... will hopefully use it on one of Tarkin's minions --- the Deathstar Trooper

I think Kara just meant you use the $20 coupon but you still are accruing points. And you can just factor in those points that you're earning to the overall price, to give you the "real" amount. That's what I typically do to shop around for price. I take $20 off a figure from Sideshow assuming I'll use a coupon on it ($200 - $20 = $180), then take off the 5% in rewards you earn ($180 x .95 = $171), then add their typical shipping ($171 + 18 = $189), and then see if I can find it for cheaper than that through an authorized dealer since QC issues are always a concern.

What's the difference between this Vader and the one already for the rouge one series. ?

I concur.

Originally, I had wanted a larger chest box but seeing the two ultimately I reverted back to the original because the button spacing is better/more accurate on the ANH.

Same here, when I got my RO Vader I thought of changing the chest box on my ANH with that RO version. But despite it was larger in size, it was missing on the other details more than the size difference. So I kept the original ANH chest box, and if you move the belt high enough, it looks great as it is. So I only kept the RO gloves for my modded ANH Vader.

Has anyone had trouble with BBTS these past couple of days? I keep getting an error from them and am unable to get on their site.

Has anyone had trouble with BBTS these past couple of days? I keep getting an error from them and am unable to get on their site.

I literally was just on there I know she's at all maybe try another browser or clear cache on your current browser

Back