Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered this from BBTS due to intrigue with Vader, though I'm not crazy about the two-pack boxes, Tarkin deserves his own art box. May end up cancelling after seeing the final product for Vader and just order the single Tarkin.

And for the record, I support the ANH Stormie. Especially if you're planning to pair with any other Death Star figures.

I've got two Stormtroopers, one of which is still in the box. When I get Tarkin, I may have to pull him out and put out a full on Imperial scum display.

This is still coming out. Why would they display it at SDCC

My question is not whether it's coming out... I'm asking what version vader is that SDCC figure supposed to be? I was confused if maybe that's what this two pack vader will turn into.. the stand alone vader in that release when they drop it.

So then it's an all new vader? What vader is it.... ESB/ROTJ? no Reveal? I'm just looking for details on that vader...

My question is not whether it's coming out... I'm asking what version vader is that SDCC figure supposed to be? I was confused if maybe that's what this two pack vader will turn into.. the stand alone vader in that release when they drop it.

So then it's an all new vader? What vader is it.... ESB/ROTJ? no Reveal? I'm just looking for details on that vader...

They were showing it with Tarkin and the droid. It was meant to be the same Vader as this one but it was really just the Rogue One Vader on display, as DR37 said. Had the space diaper on.

I preordered the single Tarkin and 2pk from BBTS. I will end up getting just one of them. I was intrigued by Vader so I placed an order anyway until I make up my mind. But Tarkin is a must!

Decided to pre-order the set. :yess: Was already in for Tarkin (he looks so awesome - it would have been rude to pass on him!) plus I really needed a Vader for my collection too...so win-win all round!! :rock

I guess we can assume this will be the last chance to get an ANH version/style of Darth Vader and it seems it is the best version yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can any of the experts chime in on something? In the official photos it APPEARS that maybe they got the black/gunmetal pattern on the face mask more accurate than on the first ANH figure. But the lighting is making it reall hard to be certain. Specifically, looks like maybe they got the eye sockets black this time around?

I don't know, if you look at the secret base photo it looks the same as ANH Vader -- belt boxes widely separated, smaller chest box, original non-folded tunic, cape with stitch lines along the edge, longer chest armor, smaller cod piece, dome looks duller and still not seated low enough --

-- I wouldn't go by the professional pics as the belt and chest boxes keep changing.

...this Vader seems to me a complete recast of their ANH Vader with just the RO gloves.

@ secret base 8-10-17.jpg

I know it's probably been asked but I am a lot of lazy, this vader is better because of the gloves and lightsaber? Its a good price for the 2 pack, but I have the first ANH version. What about that cool sound feature that everyone loves? Tarkin by himself is expensive and I hope it's not just because of the plastic chair. Does he light up somehow too? :)

I kind of want 2 Tarkins, 1 regular and 1 dressed as a Sith Lord with a lightsaber.

I'm hoping for a much better assemble ANH Vader with this set. I hope he's like RO version with minimal futzing... ANH version needs futzing with every pose change. Just want an ANH Vader I can pick up, pose, and put down. Plus the new saber arm with correct gloves is nice even if I'll probably only use it once or twice :)

Back