Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, if you look at the secret base photo it looks the same as ANH Vader -- belt boxes widely separated, smaller chest box, original non-folded tunic, cape with stitch lines along the edge, longer chest armor, smaller cod piece, dome looks duller and still not seated low enough --

-- I wouldn't go by the professional pics as the belt and chest boxes keep changing.

...this Vader seems to me a complete recast of their ANH Vader with just the RO gloves.

View attachment 359431

I can't get enough of this pic. Just jaw dropping.

I don't know, if you look at the secret base photo it looks the same as ANH Vader -- belt boxes widely separated, smaller chest box, original non-folded tunic, cape with stitch lines along the edge, longer chest armor, smaller cod piece, dome looks duller and still not seated low enough --

-- I wouldn't go by the professional pics as the belt and chest boxes keep changing.

...this Vader seems to me a complete recast of their ANH Vader with just the RO gloves.

And don't forget the belt and codpiece still not being pulled up high enough. Strange that they finally got that right on the RO Vader but not this one.

^
Damn, Should have waited for BBTS or Timewalker. Went with KG and paid full, came out to be $409 before shipping then they tacked on $73 for shipping. Can't cancel cuz they charge 15% return on PO. Well at least i'll get it sooner than the domestic shops.
Looking forward to Vader since I didn't pick up ANH or RO versions, didn't think I wanted him until I was looking at YT vids and other ppls photos the last few weeks. Tarkin is a must because it Cushing. I can always pop his head off and make a territory Dr. Van Helsing fig.

Welcome to the Freakshow UU. Tarkin is a must for SW Collectors and gettin a good lookin Vader on top of that... and before most of us.

Thanks DR. Just posted a reply to your comment over at the Legion board. I been on here for a while, just don't post often, more of a lurker.
Timewalker is my usual 1/6 pick of late but I just got the fever of wanting this set so bad I just couldn't wait 24hrs when it first went up for PO. Live and learn.

So is the helmet here different from the ANH helmet? I want to get that rough and sinister Vader helmet. I used to be TESB / ROTJ style for my of my life, but in recent years I've come to appreciate the full of character ANH look.

So is the helmet here different from the ANH helmet? I want to get that rough and sinister Vader helmet. I used to be TESB / ROTJ style for my of my life, but in recent years I've come to appreciate the full of character ANH look.

I believe this helmet is the Rogue One helmet, but with a more matte finish. The Rogue One helmet was a bit bigger I believe.

The Hot Toys helmet seems like more of a ESB/ROTJ helmet though. It's a great helmet in my opinion, I love that it. But I think it really does miss the mark as a really true ANH Vader helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the original Darth Vader ANH from Hot Toys. The figure looks great to me...but i don´t like the gloves system. With this pack of Tarkin and Darth Vader I have been tempted to sell my ANH Vader and buy this pack, mainly for have a figure with better gloves, but there is another diferences between these figures of Vader right? The body is diferent and the helmet too or I´m wrong?

I want better gloves than the original figure but I want too a helmet as acuratte as posible to the film and the Rogue One helmet looks diferent (peoples says, I never saw the figure in hand). Mmmmmm, what can i do? Better gloves? Better ANH helmet? What do you think guys????

I have the ANH version as well. but I also scored a pair of those RO vader gloves off ebay months ago. you can always upgrade when the parts become available.

I believe this helmet is the Rogue One helmet, but with a more matte finish. The Rogue One helmet was a bit bigger I believe.

The Hot Toys helmet seems like more of a ESB/ROTJ helmet though. It's a great helmet in my opinion, I love that it. But I think it really does miss the mark as a really true ANH Vader helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's basically a re-issue of ANH vader..upgraded with the gloves,chest armor and box from the R1 version

I know folks prefer the box on Rogue One Vader cause it's slightly bigger but the buttons look spaced too far apart for me. Once the belt is raised and the boxes moved closer to the buckle, the ANH chest box stops seeming too small for me.

"Look at my gloves. Look at them! Look how much better they are than the old ones!"

tumblr_oiaqdyl0yn1v2gt8oo2_400.gif

Hahaha !! Awesome Kuat ! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Question I see a lot of folks PO on BBTS instead of Sideshow, is that mainly due to them doing the NRD? I'm starting to go the route of BBTS for my Hot Toys figures because I hate the NRD & even though I love getting those points and using them for figures like I did recently with ROTJ Luke not sure its worth it anymore.

I know folks prefer the box on Rogue One Vader cause it's slightly bigger but the buttons look spaced too far apart for me. Once the belt is raised and the boxes moved closer to the buckle, the ANH chest box stops seeming too small for me.

Yeah the slots/buttons on the R1 chest box are inaccurate to ANH..

I concur.

Originally, I had wanted a larger chest box but seeing the two ultimately I reverted back to the original because the button spacing is better/more accurate on the ANH.

Back