Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to mention that it's a very weak design overall (neck too long, chest armor too wide, flat lenses, etc.).

Scrawny IMO, I've seen better cosplayers develop a better looking Vader then Hayden's

Exactly thank the stars Disney did a RO Vader design. That guy made David Prowse proud IMO

Don't get why people like the Hayden Vader suit, it's shiny so what ..RO was a perfect shiny Vader :lecture

I have no idea why they were wider but if you take a look at both the RO and ANH you can clearly see how the legs were designed on both

Makes absolutely no sense, Vader doesn't have spider-man agility unless you count for the EU stories and comics, but can't think why the legs where redone for the RO version

Can somebody post a side by side pic of the two Vader's legs :dunno

ROTS Vader would be a waste ...had less than 5min of screen time, no thanks

Wait... buying a Star Wars figure with less than 5 mins screen time is no good? That would eliminate about 3/4 of Lucas' army of toys. Like the Bounty Hunters, and the Royal Guards, and the Sandpeople, and ... well, you get it.

:lol

I wonder how active this thread and probably the ANH Vader thread will be by the end of the weekend .

I can't wait to see the responses by all the guys that did hours upon hours of customizing their Vaders only to have HT come out with this version :horror

Wait... buying a Star Wars figure with less than 5 mins screen time is no good? That would eliminate about 3/4 of Lucas' army of toys. Like the Bounty Hunters, and the Royal Guards, and the Sandpeople, and ... well, you get it.

For Vader ..yeah

As for the other characters you mentioned incomparable to Vader .

Sandpeople had more than 5 min btw :wink1:

I wonder how active this thread and probably the ANH Vader thread will be by the end of the weekend .

I can't wait to see the responses by all the guys that did hours upon hours of customizing their Vaders only to have HT come out with this version :horror

Nah, my modded Vader is still the ultimate Vader!
fb1052db9952cc01e9d77cdce17d1251.jpg

The reveal of a new figure of the same character usually precipitates a whole new set of "I still love this guy" photos of the previous rendition.

This two pack would be an easy pass for me already having MMS279 ANH Vader. Even though it looks fine stock in my opinion with some futzing, simply putting the R1 gloves and weathered belt and boxes (or just the latter if you're going to have the hands concealed under the cape anyway) on it makes it look pretty ANH accurate in my opinion for 1/6 scale without doing any crazy mods to it.

I'd just get Tarkin by himself.

Dang, so pay 300 for ANH Vader to be slapped with a $470 for both figures :crys: (curls in fetal position) :crys:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reveal of a new figure of the same character usually precipitates a whole new set of "I still love this guy" photos of the previous rendition.

Check the ANH Vader thread , all of a sudden it's very active again ..can't help the timing of it..coincidence I think not :lol

Well I just pre-ordered whole set from Sideshowtoy. This would mark my first entry into SW Hot Toys 1/6 figure due to their recent announcement of Anakin ROTS.

It just feel weird that my first time involve with..Tarkin :lol

Just a thought I bet ebayers are pissed now they have to drop the prices on the ANH Vaders after the reveal of this release

This might be the perfect time to try and get ANH version . I'll be checking all weekend

Also think about this fellow freaks, Jedi Luke is not releasing until later next year, could there be enough time for HT to try to sneak in another possible Jedi Luke and ROTJ Vader set in :dunno

Hmmm Force Friday 2 is coming again..I wonder

Your feeble old figures are no match for the power of the new better version.:lol

Back