Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the RO body is a heck of a lot better designed for articulation and the suit is better fitted on the RO body. I hate the body on the ANH it`s to thick and the body suit makes him look like to fat and it`s stiff as well. I know some will agree and some will disagree as for accuracy issues. but I want to have the best of both worlds. I did not care for the ANH mask as it did not look right and I don't have the RO Vader mask so I got the next best and that is Hurricanes ANH mask I cut the eyes and put some red amber film cells in there and they do pop when the light hits the eye like the HT RO Vader does. I will have to try and hunt down a RO Vader cape as I wonder which cape is better as every one has there own taste to which is more accurate or what ever.

I think the RO body is a heck of a lot better designed for articulation and the suit is better fitted on the RO body. I hate the body on the ANH it`s to thick and the body suit makes him look like to fat and it`s stiff as well. I know some will agree and some will disagree as for accuracy issues. but I want to have the best of both worlds. I did not care for the ANH mask as it did not look right and I don't have the RO Vader mask so I got the next best and that is Hurricanes ANH mask I cut the eyes and put some red amber film cells in there and they do pop when the light hits the eye like the HT RO Vader does. I will have to try and hunt down a RO Vader cape as I wonder which cape is better as every one has there own taste to which is more accurate or what ever.

Wait for this version to get parted, pretty sure this is using RO's cape

Images look like he might have a new body or it's the RO body with padding around the gut since RO Vader is slimmer. Thick like ANH but much more articulated.
Also you figure if you divi them up Vader would be $250 (going price for a Vader) and Tarkin $220, so retail is about regular price... plus you get the Droid. Then SSC tax and shipping comes into play and that's where they get ya. I figure i may pay almost $520. I'm gonna think about this and wait on BBTS.

And the vaders have become to pop up! Funny ppl still think they are gonna get inflated prices. :lol

Images look like he might have a new body or it's the RO body with padding around the gut since RO Vader is slimmer. Thick like ANH but much more articulated.
Also you figure if you divi them up Vader would be $250 (going price for a Vader) and Tarkin $220, so retail is about regular price... plus you get the Droid. Then SSC tax and shipping comes into play and that's where they get ya. I figure i may pay almost $520. I'm gonna think about this and wait on BBTS.

Not sure.with your price theory...this is HT after all , I think because of the saber ignited, HT would jack up the price a little if this version was to release solo

Their excuse would be well " we have newly designed gloves..so this isn't like the first ANH version " even though they probably just used RO's design :slap

Already have the ANH Vader so just Tarkin for me.

But a light up saber with RO gloves would be Nice.

Already have the ANH Vader so just Tarkin for me.

But a light up saber with RO gloves would be Nice.

Feel sorry for TA, they are probably going to get hounds of messages of when this version will get parted out come release time next year :rotfl

Although I'm perfectly happy with the RO figure I picked up a mere 3 months ago, I'm a little ticked off this version has the droid and good gloves. I totally would've waited had I known.

At least there won't be multiple Tarkins to worry about in the future, so I'll go ahead and order him solo. I envy you guys who can pick up the set without having to duplicate the Vader!

Although I'm perfectly happy with the RO figure I picked up a mere 3 months ago, I'm a little ticked off this version has the droid and good gloves. I totally would've waited had I known.

At least there won't be multiple Tarkins to worry about in the future, so I'll go ahead and order him solo. I envy you guys who can pick up the set without having to duplicate the Vader!

RO Tarkin..:rotfl just kidding

That's good, but the RO bodysuit won't fit on the ANH body. And the ANH bodysuit won't allow the RO gloves to fit properly. :lol

HT has done a real number on people trying to build the best Vader.

Yeah, which makes me believe they are planning a ESB or ROTJ version and can you imagine if Disney does a Vader film..what then :horror

What will be the HT go to Vader

There will still be Han Solo movie Vader.

TLJ flashback Vader

ESB Vader

ROTJ Vader

ROTS Vader

ROTS Vader would be a waste if it was a $200 plus price tag especially since that Vader was designed for Hayden's scrawny body and had less than 5min of screen time, no thanks

ROTS Vader would be a waste if it was a $200 plus price tag especially since that Vader was designed for Hayden's scrawny body and had less than 5min of screen time, no thanks

Not to mention that it's a very weak design overall (neck too long, chest armor too wide, flat lenses, etc.).

Back