Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the three Ani's there too, and you are set. And maybe add some midicholo... whatever the **** they are called, as an accessory. The evolution of Vader from fetus stage.

I guess or you can get a 4K tv ..hey it's only money right :panic:

I hope the chair comes with pneumatic shocks and pivots. That way I can pose a business up front Tarkin with feet on the floor with a stern sidecar Vader and then have a Friday afternoon look with him kicked back and legs up and slippers on with the custom Death Star table piece I am going to build. Man I hope it rolls, that would be amazing.

For what it's worth, all Tarkin scenes minus one with leia. He is in the chair for more screen time than he is not. It's an even money bet he may be in his chair as long if not longer than the Emperor on screen as a percentage.

I can imagine their licensing pitch for that one.

"We already have experience making five hundred and fifty shades of Iron Man..."

No thanks don't want to see her in a SW flick unless she's a body double..lousy actress, only in the business because of nepotism like Will Smith's son :slap

I hope the chair comes with pneumatic shocks and pivots. That way I can pose a business up front Tarkin with feet on the floor with a stern sidecar Vader and then have a Friday afternoon look with him kicked back and legs up and slippers on with the custom Death Star table piece I am going to build. Man I hope it rolls, that would be amazing.

For what it's worth, all Tarkin scenes minus one with leia. He is in the chair for more screen time than he is not. It's an even money bet he may be in his chair as long if not longer than the Emperor on screen.

It's a shame granted Cushing was very old at the time, but I wish we saw at least some dynamic scene from Tarkin if this was his only film. Even if it was a stunt double Lucas should have had him try to blast someone :thud: although he has guts staying at the DS when he had a chance to escape

This being the third Vader from HT from the ro/ANH - why no two finger pincher hand? He chokes Krennick and the other jerk with his thumb and index not all four fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This being the third Vader from HT from the ro/ANH - why no two finger pincher hand? He chokes Krennick and the other jerk with his thumb and index not all four fingers.

Also, there's no real 'hands-on-belt' gloves. You can sort of pose the slightly limp-wrist hands, but they are not ideal, nor made to hold his boxes.

Because its it's easier and more cost effective to use the exact same gloves from the Rogue one Vader and call them all new gloves ( which ANH to ANH Vader they are) than to design and make new gloves for this specific figure. Reuse parts = keeping the cost down some. Win for them and win for everyone that doesn't yet have an ANH Vader.

Because they want to save it for Version 4 of Darth Vader. If they make a perfect Vader that has all the bell and whistle, 100% screen accurate, and crazy articulation, why would you want to buy the next Vader? Just to get the new box? always leave room for improvement.

And how do we know if the wheels are screen accurate? :dunno :cuss

Screen accurate i don't know but prop accurate, they are:

608b3ff56ad6adc17ca1982989c3c3f5.jpg

By the way, i might be in the minority but, now Tarkin is on his way, i wouldn't mind JazzInc developing some sort of background and part of conference room table so i have a good reason to not leave that chair in the box.

Screen accurate i don't know but prop accurate, they are:

View attachment 359244

By the way, i might be in the minority but, now Tarkin is on his way, i wouldn't mind JazzInc developing some sort of background and part of conference room table so i have a good reason to not leave that chair in the box.

I'd like to see how someone will display the chair in their detolf ..that's got to be a space hogger :slap

Also, there's no real 'hands-on-belt' gloves. You can sort of pose the slightly limp-wrist hands, but they are not ideal, nor made to hold his boxes.

I have never liked that pose as much as some seem to. Reminds me too much of Al Bundy sitting on the couch watching TV.

Yep I understand that it is probably about as iconic as any of his usual poses. It's just about last on the list for me. Gunslinger is a cool way to think of it I suppose, but the dude fights with a saber and his bare hands. Not in any way trashing Vader, he is my all time favorite character from any movie or show period.

Really? I always thought it had a bit of a 'gunslinger' style.

This and I thought he was saying " I'm the Boss " mentality but it could've just been a fluke pose that Prowse did to stand still with all the weight of the costume :dunno

Yep I understand that it is probably about as iconic as any of his usual poses. It's just about last on the list for me. Gunslinger is a cool way to think of it I suppose, but the dude fights with a saber and his bare hands. Not in any way trashing Vader, he is my all time favorite character from any movie or show period.

Funny how you mention this when I think of how little times were Anakin would use a blaster kind of puts things in prospective of your theory

I never really liked his arms akimbo pose -- the one he does upon 1st entrance into the Tantive in ANH. Always felt way too "look at me"... no one really stands like that, not even Superman anymore.

Arms crossed looks too pouty -- perfect for Hayden-Vader, but no other Vader.

What other iconic poses does he have for his hands? The fist-up-in-the-air? Meh. The reaching-out "come with me".... meh. Pointing? He really only does that twice. Choking? Once.

Hands on belt WINS! It's cool, casual, gunslinger-style...

Back