Hot Toys - MMS 333 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper (Jakku Ex.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that was a huge pain in the ass, but I have the fat suit out. Damn, this is a nice figure. Really allows you to appreciate the new design more.

Nice score, LMZ. Just got this guy for nearly twice what you paid. :lol But I really like it. Definitely prefer the OT style base too.

Ordered the regular TFA Stormtrooper on Force Friday last year but thought that figure was a little bit too boring. Only thing I wouldn't mind is the regular blaster for this guy.

ad86bffdc47ce23906c3fcb7525882d4.jpg
e1ac5876b54cd566eabe19b262947059.jpg

Dangit TonTon I thought we discussed not buying troopers in the discount thread! That Jakku trooper looks great. Would be a good match with Rey in a Detolf together.

:lol Yes, I was strong in resisting the flametrooper, probably since I had this guy on flex already from their previous discount. I'm currently editing the TFA collection, but their resale value isn't great since nothing has sold out. Got this guy to replace my snowtrooper, which is proving difficult to unload.

Rey and BB-8 will arrive soon. Should ship out next week. :)

[emoji38] Yes, I was strong in resisting the flametrooper, probably since I had this guy on flex already from their previous discount. I'm currently editing the TFA collection, but their resale value isn't great since nothing has sold out. Got this guy to replace my snowtrooper, which is proving difficult to unload.

Rey and BB-8 will arrive soon. Should ship out next week. :)
Strange the snow trooper is a slow mover, he was, to my memory, one of the better received armor updates.

Did you get Rey from Sideshow? I'm still waiting on a imminent notice.

Yeah, I think it's just the lack of scenes hurt him. There was that big chase that was cut and the falcon boarding scene.

He's a really nice design but when I decided on cuts his lack of screen time was certainly a factor. Even the TIE pilot seems like a slow mover but they were featured piloting the TIEs in that first falcon scene.

Does anyone have the issue where the rubber gaskets start to smell? Mine did and it stank up the whole detolf! :panic:

any pictures of the sideview of the stormtrooper with his backpack AND ammo pouch together?

Just got this figure this past week. Was deciding between this one and the Heavy Gunner, and went with the Jakku. It looks great and I like all the accessories. Probably going to get a regular stand for him too.

Articulation in the arms is pretty good, but the hips are indeed very limited. How has the rubber in the joints been holding up for people?

Well, nothing to report right now but it's hardly been a year. Ask again in a year or two and we be experiencing deterioration here and there.

Well, nothing to report right now but it's hardly been a year. Ask again in a year or two and we be experiencing deterioration here and there.

Good to know for now at least. I hope they don't eventually deteriorate anytime soon, but I guess we'll see.

Rian Johnson just posted this, and also confirmed it's from set. Here's the slightly tweaked Stormtroopers.

tumblr_olfuyw8IYm1qzsjdko1_1280.jpg

Back