1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very cool figure but every time I look at it the costume reminds me of this:
1e76adae2261802486a13e28057e69db.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

It has long foot pegs, might be an easy way to shorten it. But the robes would have to be modified somehow, they already hang to the ground as is.

footjoints__30957.1454105025.1280.1280.jpg

Kylo Ren has the same amount to articulation as this 6-7 inch figure:
mag-front-full.jpg
Good thing there's actual clothing to limit his unrealistic posabilities. Not saying he lacks articulation, since this figure apparently has a ton of movement.

I was looking through some old pics and realized something.
e7e8bed54e4b1ae2b92d9d019db47f80.jpg

Ted Theodore Logan + Han Solo = Ted Solo?

FINALLY got round to doing the cold water robe trick. It looks so much better already. Just letting it dry now over night. Scary process, but works so well!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

YES!!! Cold! Brrr!
It makes such a difference to the look of the figure. I should have done it sooner.
Now do I detach the hood section or leave it be? What difference does it make to the figure?

I think we'll see a new look for Kylo. More of an evolution than a complete redesign. Based on what he wants to become I could see his helmet move a little closer to resembling Vader's.

Or he'll look almost exactly the same.:lol

I'll have to watch TFA again, but if he left his helmet on the catwalk, and didn't wear the long robes when squaring off against Rey and Finn, I'd agree that there is quite a bit of room for change in the look of the character. I'd actually prefer no helmet in VIII, or at least not until the end of the Snoke/Ben training montage or end of the movie. If it follows ESB cliffhanger-style, I could see the final shots showing Kylo putting the new helmet on...in preparation for Episode IX.

Just checked the figure after the water treatment on the robes.
Does this look right? You reckon I'll need to soak the robes again?

21b8266698dc840a01771a45e20f044e.jpg

Back