1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to watch TFA again, but if he left his helmet on the catwalk, and didn't wear the long robes when squaring off against Rey and Finn, I'd agree that there is quite a bit of room for change in the look of the character. I'd actually prefer no helmet in VIII, or at least not until the end of the Snoke/Ben training montage or end of the movie. If it follows ESB cliffhanger-style, I could see the final shots showing Kylo putting the new helmet on...in preparation for Episode IX.

Being that he'll likely have a scar on his face, I can see him still wearing a helmet/mask in Episode VIII. The scar at least gives him reason to wear one now other than merely attempting to imitate Vader.

Just checked the figure after the water treatment on the robes.
Does this look right? You reckon I'll need to soak the robes again?

21b8266698dc840a01771a45e20f044e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hmm..Almost there, still some creases, but using cold water might be delaying the process.

I dunked my whole figure not just the robes, so everything would flatten out in warm water many times

Maybe try that

The trick is to try to get the bottom part as smooth as possible

It helps to soak the hood too for better futzing IMO

I'll try again later then. Hot water this time.

When you reattach his belt, avoid using the snap buttons and don't use all of the velcro clasp - having his belt tight makes the material crease up. Keep it looser.

When you reattach his belt, avoid using the snap buttons and don't use all of the velcro clasp - having his belt tight makes the material crease up. Keep it looser.
Yeah. Will do mate! Thanks for the useful tips! I'll give it another go! [emoji106] [emoji6]

Lol I know right!! The robes look so much better now

Warm water then cold water treatment in my case had to do it 2x for the long robe then 3x for the doublet/tunic.

Warm water then cold water treatment in my case had to do it 2x for the long robe then 3x for the doublet/tunic.

Is that how you managed to shorten the robes so they don't hit the floor? Just making sure I have this right.

The water treatment is the answer to the long robes?

Is that how you managed to shorten the robes so they don't hit the floor? Just making sure I have this right.

The water treatment is the answer to the long robes?

No - I actually did some mod to the robe see my post here

The water treatment is just to straighten up the robes.

Tip - When exercising the water treatment on his robe - ensure that you remove the belt so it won't get wet and wait until the robe is fully dry before you put the belt back on.

No - I actually did some mod to the robe see my post here

The water treatment is just to straighten up the robes.

Tip - When exercising the water treatment on his robe - ensure that you remove the belt so it won't get wet and wait until the robe is fully dry before you put the belt back on.

So you soaked / dunked the figure (sans belt) instead of removing the clothes? Thanks.

I remember someone asking if Kylo's robe should be split at the back to match the front, well...it is!
Noticed quite clearly whilst watching the blu-ray. Anyone keen to cut theirs for screen accuracy?

Back