1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's OCD at work, folks.

Those are just speculations. :slap And since he is obsessed with Vader he will most likely keep the same outfit, but equipped with different skill. If you know the Star Wars lore like I do, go ahead and statisticate your claims, if any.

I just hope Kylo Ren keeps his old look. If Disney redesigned him, I'm pretty sure it is for the purpose of making more money from selling episode 8 Kylo Ren merchandise. If they maintain the same old episode 7 design (and people had already bought the toy), then they won't be able to sell the episode 8 variant of Kylo due to the fact that it is the same as the episode 7 variant, and many people already had it. However, I'd like to point out a few things:

1. The mask-Kylo Ren had plenty of time to call in some extra Stormtroopers to get his mask off the bridge. It's gonna cost a lot of money to build a brand new one (especially after the First Order wasted their money on the Starkiller Base). If he does have a spare mask after the first one gets destroyed aboard the Base, it is most likely a copy. Making a copy of the same mask is less costly than making a new one.

2. The tunic he wore-Celebrities and famous people today have hundreds of extra copies of the same clothing in their closet. Darth Vader's mask gets damaged over and over (even that happens in Disney Canon, as seen in the latest Star Wars Rebels episode), and he had plenty of replacements. If he fixed his mask, the effects of the repair would be noticeable (excess screws, bolts, metal covers, and other stuff). We've never seen signs of repair on Darth Vader's mask, so its likely he got a spare one. Back on topic, if Darth Vader can have copies of his valuable helmet, I'm sure Kylo Ren should have copies of his cheaper clothing, ever since Rey damaged his cloth in their duel. If he had health repairs and medical care for his wounds, then his undamaged cloak should cover the injuries, making it look that nothing happened to him.

3. The lightsaber-Like I said in the first two points, he might have a copy. If that is his only one, then he would get a new lightsaber.

I was chatting to my Kylo figure last night and he confirmed that all of this is true and will actually be a major plot point in Episode 8.

Those are just speculations. :slap And since he is obsessed with Vader he will most likely keep the same outfit, but equipped with different skill. If you know the Star Wars lore like I do, go ahead and statisticate your claims, if any.

Yeah, Wor-Gar! Statisticate them!

:lol

No need to statisticate nuthin'. Time will prove... as it did with both Vader and Anakin's wardrobe changes.

Vader getting new clothes? :lol

tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po10_r1_250.gif

9d3fbda4a8f19134ae9eb27d2862411f.jpg

My small star wars collection. Need to get me Vader for my dark side. Also need to get rid of little Yoda lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You do realize that Vader and Obi-Wan have survived far worse than Kylo, right? Kenobi took hypersonic grenades to the chest in the Clone Wars and Vader survived a shot from an AT-AT, as well as encountered Starkiller, who's blows are far greater than that of Rey. Kylo's injuries are but paper cuts in comparison. Obi-Wan got struck by Dooku twice in AOTC and yet he still maintained the same wardrobe outfit during the entire Clone Wars series, despite getting more cuts since then. If it weren't for Rey striking him in the face, he would still be standing. Force Heal may also work.

9d3fbda4a8f19134ae9eb27d2862411f.jpg

My small star wars collection. Need to get me Vader for my dark side. Also need to get rid of little Yoda lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

A Royal Guard would be nice. These Force-Sensitive warriors can fight Starkiller toe-to-toe with little fuss.
IMG_2398.JPG

1. The mask-Kylo Ren had plenty of time to call in some extra Stormtroopers to get his mask off the bridge. It's gonna cost a lot of money to build a brand new one (especially after the First Order wasted their money on the Starkiller Base). If he does have a spare mask after the first one gets destroyed aboard the Base, it is most likely a copy. Making a copy of the same mask is less costly than making a new one.

Do you really think The First Order is worried about the cost of a helmet? I can't tell if you're kidding or not.

Do you really think The First Order is worried about the cost of a helmet? I can't tell if you're kidding or not.

I don't think they even care. Disney would prolly keep the same look if they're going to make another ionic character. Darth Vader had spare helmets and replacements. Kylo Ren probably just wore a copy of his own.

I don't think they even care. Disney would prolly keep the same look if they're going to make another ionic character. Darth Vader had spare helmets and replacements. Kylo Ren probably just wore a copy of his own.

It's just totally inconsequential if he wants a new helmet he will get a new helmet. Where he gets it and how he pays for it doesn't matter in the slightest. I'm pretty sure his look will change slightly. You'll still know its Ren on the posters but they will change the design for sure. Remember Ren is still a novice. When he completes his training maybe he'll get a new cape or something. He'll get a new lightsaber at least.

It's just totally inconsequential if he wants a new helmet he will get a new helmet. Where he gets it and how he pays for it doesn't matter in the slightest. I'm pretty sure his look will change slightly. You'll still know its Ren on the posters but they will change the design for sure. Remember Ren is still a novice. When he completes his training maybe he'll get a new cape or something. He'll get a new lightsaber at least.

I was just stating theories. Maybe he gets a new helmet, maybe he keeps several copies of his old one. His body suit and lightsaber will change. Now if you excuse me, I've gotta watch the Rogue One trailer that came out.

I was just stating theories. Maybe he gets a new helmet, maybe he keeps several copies of his old one. His body suit and lightsaber will change. Now if you excuse me, I've gotta watch the Rogue One trailer that came out.

I get that they're theories. I just thought it was odd that you brought up money as being an issue. It doesn't matter if he has copies of his helmet or if a new one is manufactured for him. No matter how they decide to change his design, he will be recognizable and I'm sure it will be justified in the story, money grab it not. Like I said bank on a new lightsaber at least.

I get that they're theories. I just thought it was odd that you brought up money as being an issue. It doesn't matter if he has copies of his helmet or if a new one is manufactured for him. No matter how they decide to change his design, he will be recognizable and I'm sure it will be justified in the story, money grab it not. Like I said bank on a new lightsaber at least.

Yeah, but my point is mainly about his looks based around what others have gone through. Obi-Wan got cut in AOTC by Dooku. Anakin Skywalker gets a scar from Asajj Ventress. They still kept the same look. Cybernetics are for people who lost limbs, not for people who receive cuts. Kylo hasn't lost any limb, so its likely he will hide his scars with his regular outfit (or perhaps a slightly different one) and keep his mask.
anakin__s_scar_by_twynsunz-d3j9tlz.jpg

I'm wondering if Finn will need some cybernetics, the slash was along his spine. If there was any paralysis he could get some robot action going.

I'm wondering if Finn will need some cybernetics, the slash was along his spine. If there was any paralysis he could get some robot action going.

I doubt it. At least not anything that would be visible while clothed.

Back