1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread used to have pictures of the Kylo figure. What happened? Do I need to call Guyver in here...?

So nobody liked my pics then?
aaf627ff22c93a0027512ed05bfa3414.jpg

20160326_063449130_iOS.jpg

20160326_063507203_iOS.jpg

20160326_063516903_iOS.jpg

Have not had time to do the water treatment to his cloak yet. I had him in a cooler action pose but I couldn't fit him in the case that well without doing a more traditional vertical pose.

Everyone just realizes there is no way to say "your skills in posing a figure are in great lack." Sorry. Glad you enjoy your figures though. :)

Great, thanks for your honesty. I appreciate it. I love it in person, looks better than in the pictures. Was trying to achieve this look:

e51b7999b70fd3780fb93703a1bca9ed.jpg

The perspective in the picture looks wrong but it's the same pose. Can't lower the figure more as it's restricted in the crotch section.

If any of you have any tips on how to pose it better (other than just the standard museum pose) I'd appreciate your feedback.

I personally think it would have been even more powerful if this scene was the first time he removed his mask in the film, not when he was interrogating Rey.

I would have liked it if the bridge scene was also the first time we find out that he's Han and Leia's son - this massive revelation was kind of thrown away when it should have been as powerful as the 'I am your father' moment from Empire.

I would have liked it if the bridge scene was also the first time we find out that he's Han and Leia's son - this massive revelation was kind of thrown away when it should have been as powerful as the 'I am your father' moment from Empire.

How they did it in the film was fine. If they held back the reveal, there would be no way Han and Leia could have had a scene together in the movie then. It woulda been super contrived if they met and didn't mention their son at all. And Leia's plead for Han to bring Kylo back was a great moment anyway.

I tried that pose as well when i first got the figure but couldn't get it low enough to the ground, plus it was hard with the robe to capture that mid-action pose. I think I got that poster Force Friday.

Ultimately I found it hard to have the boots be convincing as they bend in weird ways when the pose is that extreme.

Here was the best I could do. Figure is supported by the crotch grabber slipped under the belt in the back.

342279970e081c798225adc993de0461.jpg

The problem there is that they wouldn't have been able to set up these scenes showing Han and Leia discussing it, mentioning the tie in with Snoke, and showing Kylo Ren's struggle. Especially in the deleted scene with him in the cockpit of the Falcon.

It would have went from a shocking/somber scene to everyone being like "Wait what just happened?".

And then it would have been another thing people could complain about being too similar.
"Luke never told you what happened to your son."
"He told me enough...he told me you killed him."
"No, I am your son."

Everyone just realizes there is no way to say "your skills in posing a figure are in great lack." Sorry. Glad you enjoy your figures though. :)

yeah, but let's see some other poses!!!!!!! This guy, I find is hard to get in a great, dynamic pose

I tried that pose as well when i first got the figure but couldn't get it low enough to the ground, plus it was hard with the robe to capture that mid-action pose. I think I got that poster Force Friday.

Ultimately I found it hard to have the boots be convincing as they bend in weird ways when the pose is that extreme.

Here was the best I could do. Figure is supported by the crotch grabber slipped under the belt in the back.

342279970e081c798225adc993de0461.jpg

Now, we are talking! Damn fine pose right there!!!

Last edited:
So is it ok to put the entire figure, minus the saber arm of course, in water? I dont know if theres anything inside the figure itself that could rust. Any metal in there? Also, how do you dry it?

Cold water? And did you just let it air dry?

I bought some distilled water. I have well water and didn't want to risk anything by using that. Just room temp water. I futzed the cloak to my liking while wet and then let it air dry. I had to work early this morning, so I won't be able to see how it dried until later this afternoon.

If any of you have any tips on how to pose it better (other than just the standard museum pose) I'd appreciate your feedback.

I'm a "museum pose" collector, but I can tell you 2 things.

1st - some poses depend a lot on small details impossible to achieve with a figure.

2nd - the angle of the photo should be more frontal, in that pose.

That said, I don't think there is any problem with the way you pose your figure, it's not your fault that same poses are (almost) impossible.
It's great that you tried to vary. Congrats on that.

Back