1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that pose is tough because of the pants of the figure. Not the easiest by any stretch. This is the best I can do as well

I would have liked it if the bridge scene was also the first time we find out that he's Han and Leia's son - this massive revelation was kind of thrown away when it should have been as powerful as the 'I am your father' moment from Empire.

You're right, that would have been a maximum impact scene had this been the case. I think you'd also have a whole new group of haters come out and claim it was a rehash of the the previous OT films (in this case ESB). Ultimately though, I think it was important for the audience to know this fact earlier so as to appreciate Kylo's conflict closely. Kylo's internal battle is at the very heart of this film, and it is what drives the movie.

You're right, that would have been a maximum impact scene had this been the case. I think you'd also have a whole new group of haters come out and claim it was a rehash of the the previous OT films (in this case ESB). Ultimately though, I think it was important for the audience to know this fact earlier so as to appreciate Kylo's conflict closely. Kylo's internal battle is at the very heart of this film, and it is what drives the movie.

Yeah I felt it was important for the audience to know who he was before the bridge scene, so that you feel the weight of what Han is going through leading up to it.

I concur. I thought it was a good idea to already let the audience know that he is the offspring of Han and Leia. To me, it made Han's death more powerful due to the fact that they had a scene where they were discussing the pain that it caused them both and how they each dealt with it in their own way. I also like how how even though she realized that it wasn't the objective of the mission, Leia sadly mentioned to Han that if he happened to come across their son in the process, try and bring him home.

I just know when I possess the blu Ray, I'm going to be tempted to getting that Creg Driver sculpt but I think I'll hold off until I see someone's painted to see how it comes out when it's painted, some of those Indiana Jones custom sculpts painted I'm not feeling it.

but man is it going to be torture every time I see the Rey light saber scene :gah:

Here are some photos of Ren from the set. I quite like the look of him without the cloak. Very Vaderish

And one with Rey that I might use as reference for when I pose them together

01445b2c4e0974a8f6a4f567911f11d8.jpg
c5f28a58455052be562258f89f116b70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's strange, the interrogation scene always feels a little awkward, but it shows how vulnerable and different he is than Vader so in certain ways I think it's important there too. I can see both sides on that scene but tend to lean toward, Why is he taking his mask off here?

I always wonder if they tried some of the scenes with the mask on and off and used what they think worked best.

It's a possibility, I know a lot of footage was shot of a helmetless Phasma on Jakku for the village massacre.

When you see what they then did with her! Shows how fluid the movie making process is.

Things in episode 8 that we hypothesize about may have not yet even been decided.

I just know when I possess the blu Ray, I'm going to be tempted to getting that Creg Driver sculpt but I think I'll hold off until I see someone's painted to see how it comes out when it's painted, some of those Indiana Jones custom sculpts painted I'm not feeling it.

but man is it going to be torture every time I see the Rey light saber scene :gah:

I'm towards the top of the CREG order list and I'm having the sculpt sent straight to the painter, so with any luck I'll have the finished product in my paw fairly quickly. Will post some pics for you when I do.

New here, by the way. Hi everyone!

WHAT is that? Is that an prototype for a kylo 2.0 from hot toys? ...

I just got my first Kylo..
View attachment 255129
View attachment 255130
View attachment 255131
View attachment 255132

Love him but I can't get his lightsaber arm to work. I know with my Luke Skywalker it had a little slip that you pull out to let it start working. I don't see it here.
The batteries are not in the arm like Luke, there should be a small tray with 3 in near bottom right of the box.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I really want this figure but he will look out of place as the rest of my collection is OT. What to do...

I really want this figure but he will look out of place as the rest of my collection is OT. What to do...

Not more out of place than prequel/original trilogy figures look together. 2 entire different sets of movies and characters basically. At least Kylo is somewhat of an extension of the OT, and related to some of the characters from it.

I have to figure out something to do with these giant flaps in the front. It looks like he's wearing a damn dress. Love the design of him except this.

Not more out of place than prequel/original trilogy figures look together. 2 entire different sets of movies and characters basically. At least Kylo is somewhat of an extension of the OT, and related to some of the characters from it.

Yeah - he is in no way related to Anakin or Padme from the prequels.

Back