1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could have just had Ren as being a April/May arrival date and hid the existence of a head sculpt. They wanted to cash in right when the movie came out. Can't blame them really. Judging by the length of time for the other human sculpts it would have pushed him back a while. We probably would just have Stormtroopers still.

This. They could have concealed the sculpt for after the release of TFA. They just got anxious to cash in.

I literally just finished watching the film this evening, which marks the second time I've seen it. Makes me appreciate this figure even more. Every time I watch a film, I always find myself going to my collection and taking a look at the figure(s) of the character(s) I just watched.

At one point, I did find myself thinking that a Driver sculpt with this figure would have been nice, but I do think overall I like the look of him in his full costume the best.

This. They could have concealed the sculpt for after the release of TFA. They just got anxious to cash in.

My point is that it's not just greed, or better that HT probably just couldn't choose otherwise: the whole marketing strategy from the movie (a.k.a. Disney) included certain characters to be heavily pumped before the movie (Stormies, Ren, Phasma, BB-8 were everywhere) and Ren was not allowed to come with a sculpt. :dunno

A second head would have been nice but I know ultimately I would have kept the mask on. I am expecting a 2.0 at some point so hopefully we get it then.

I personally dont need a Driver sculpt, which is why I jumped in an got this one. I dont like when he removes his mask in TFA, bothers me for many reasons not really worth getting into bc its all been said a million times before. Ill just say that I hope in Ep8 he spends much of the movie with whatever new helmet he has on, as opposed to without it.

I received my Kylo figure yesterday. Did the water treatment, let it dry until this morning and posed in my favourite movie pose. Here are some pictures:

1a1e8cf45caf967cef79dc2e76109a54.jpg

6ee741c917cde9c8d58a485cfda50ac8.jpg

This figure is just perfect!

I personally dont need a Driver sculpt, which is why I jumped in an got this one. I dont like when he removes his mask in TFA, bothers me for many reasons not really worth getting into bc its all been said a million times before. Ill just say that I hope in Ep8 he spends much of the movie with whatever new helmet he has on, as opposed to without it.

You'll be disappointed then. Adam Driver achieved heavy-hitter status with TFA and is increasing his star power by the minute. The odds of him covering his face are very slim. From a story point it doesn't make sense either since Kylo was only wearing the mask to conceal his Solo/Skywalker lineage. Cat's outta the bag so no need for the mask now.

You'll be disappointed then. Adam Driver achieved heavy-hitter status with TFA and is increasing his star power by the minute. The odds of him covering his face are very slim. From a story point it doesn't make sense either since Kylo was only wearing the mask to conceal his Solo/Skywalker lineage. Cat's outta the bag so no need for the mask now.

Yay. Countless cringe worthy scenes of him without in Ep8 then. Cant wait!

I maybe would have preferred the mask removal saved for the Han scene, but the whole end sequence doesn't seem like it would be as effective if he were masked.

I maybe would have preferred the mask removal saved for the Han scene, but the whole end sequence doesn't seem like it would be as effective if he were masked.

I personally think it would have been even more powerful if this scene was the first time he removed his mask in the film, not when he was interrogating Rey.

I personally think it would have been even more powerful if this scene was the first time he removed his mask in the film, not when he was interrogating Rey.

Yeah, it's strange, the interrogation scene always feels a little awkward, but it shows how vulnerable and different he is than Vader so in certain ways I think it's important there too. I can see both sides on that scene but tend to lean toward, Why is he taking his mask off here?

I always wonder if they tried some of the scenes with the mask on and off and used what they think worked best.

I thought the mask of during the interrogation sequence was all part of the interrogation, Rey yells something about 'a monster in a mask' chasing them so Kylo takes it off revealing a normal bloke I thought it was meant to throw her which it seemed to do for a time you can see she's startled to see he's not a monster.

Yeah, it's strange, the interrogation scene always feels a little awkward, but it shows how vulnerable and different he is than Vader so in certain ways I think it's important there too. I can see both sides on that scene but tend to lean toward, Why is he taking his mask off here?

I always wonder if they tried some of the scenes with the mask on and off and used what they think worked best.

Yeah, I know what you mean. To me, it almost seemed like a scene where the captor has a twisted crush on his captive. I suspect though that the reason for the removal of the mask in this scene is because he knows who Rey is and perhaps feels close to her. Even if he did it for the reason of Rey calling him a "monster", I really don't see him removing his mask for anyone else if they called him a "monster". Poe, for instance.

Regardless, I still think it would have been more powerful if the first time that he removed his mask in the film was at the urging of his father.

I thought the mask of during the interrogation sequence was all part of the interrogation, Rey yells something about 'a monster in a mask' chasing them so Kylo takes it off revealing a normal bloke I thought it was meant to throw her which it seemed to do for a time you can see she's startled to see he's not a monster.

You are correct. Not sure why people here are riding the struggle bus trying to figure out this scene. He did it throw her off and lower her guard to make her settle down and be less resistant to his mind reading.

Back