1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uploadfromtaptalk1454779619660.jpg

Perfect stand

uploadfromtaptalk1454779979359.jpg

Even though I think it's overpriced, I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the figure..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

:gah: You guys convinced me

Reminds me of LOTR for some reason

Enough with the restrictions!

Toby of Ren :wave

No problems with this base, just dust

Last edited:
Idk why I am oddly more fond of this figure than Vader. Probably because I didn't grow up watching the original trilogy on the silver screen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Great pics Guyver, really like those shots without the hood. He looks like a mini Vader without it.

HT set the bar high with just a simple designed figure. In hand he is a solid, and a fully articulated collectible. By far the best version of Ren I've seen made so far. The TT body is very solid but still amazingly flexible and the clothing is not restricting in the least. I can't wait for SSC to start shipping the Vaders more regularly.

I swear they used the right proportions for this figure IMO

It's amazing how sometimes from a distance it feels like I'm looking at a person in the Ren suit

I've never seen a better rendering of Kylo's mask in any figure form until now. The BD is so hauntingly realistic

I like the light up feature but the other normal blade option works so well. This is the non light up hilt but with right light...

The wire mesh for the hood was a perfect idea so you can adjust his hooded look

Last edited:
Great pics. You know HT did something right when it's such a simple design but costs the price it does and everyone is loving it. Can't wait till Tuesday.

Idk why I am oddly more fond of this figure than Vader. Probably because I didn't grow up watching the original trilogy on the silver screen.

Vader is a more demanding figure. More work to get looking right. This figure is dynamic and looks great in almost any pose.

So I'm sure this has been answered before...but is it hard to remove the hood? And if once removed, is it easy to remove and put back on?

So I'm sure this has been answered before...but is it hard to remove the hood? And if once removed, is it easy to remove and put back on?

You have to delicately cut the threads which attach it to the outer jerkin. It is easy but you have to be careful. After that it is very easy to take off and put back on. I actually prefer hot the hood sits on the head AFTER it has been cut loose.

Never planned on getting this figure so soon but gave in after seeing one for under retail. Thought I'd just sell it after playing with him but HTs is making it hard. Totally agree with everyone's praise on this piece. Had it came with an unmasked head and melted Vader mask, it'd be one of HTs best releases.

409d99401dfb5d857652c97e6d0a01be.jpg
a07a1d3cba77bbd152e18bf547aae5b2.jpg
c7f7b6df1509f4f351ae62b3ef9c60b8.jpg
a7eaa91d0079899f8df6448bf5a58a36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

man just fantastic pics in this thread from everyone, really sells the figure. cant wait to add him to the villain shelf!

Good thoughts and pics guyver.

In addition to what you mention, I like the shadow - like references to other Sith designs, even one's that have been erased from the EU, like Revan or Nihilus. There's a dash of Maul in that silhouette too. We'll never know how much of that was intentional in the design (Abrams is only on record saying they were trying to evoke Vader, but there is much more going on in this design than that).

The design helps sell the idea that Kylo was truly a student of the dark side...and not just the Sith. Really hoping the next chapter gives us a little more on the Knights (or Brotherhood) of Ren....

...All things that come to the surface while viewing and posing this great figure.

They were also inspired by spaghetti for Ren's mask thinking and what would scare a child supposedly. The Art of TFA book has some great early/alternate concepts of Ren.

Good thoughts and pics guyver.

In addition to what you mention, I like the shadow - like references to other Sith designs, even one's that have been erased from the EU, like Revan or Nihilus. There's a dash of Maul in that silhouette too. We'll never know how much of that was intentional in the design (Abrams is only on record saying they were trying to evoke Vader, but there is much more going on in this design than that).

The design helps sell the idea that Kylo was truly a student of the dark side...and not just the Sith. Really hoping the next chapter gives us a little more on the Knights (or Brotherhood) of Ren....

...All things that come to the surface while viewing and posing this great figure.

Yeah he really reminds me of a Black Knight especially around the sleeves and how he holds the saber, I guess I didn't see it in the other figures that were Ren because the colors weren't right IMO, but now that I see how this design pops with the right details :horror

Don't know why HT sewed the hood and scarf down, was easy to remove,

You can still put it back and improves the balance better without altering the feel of the mod in anyway

Back