1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines out for delivery today! Cannot wait!!!

Bit concerned about the light up arm though after seeing all the comments. Is it hard to do?

Mines out for delivery today! Cannot wait!!!

Bit concerned about the light up arm though after seeing all the comments. Is it hard to do?

Not at all. Just be careful with the zipper. Once the arm is on and the sleeve is zipped up you can operate the switch through the sleeve with ease. Piece of cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/IMG]
a7eaa91d0079899f8df6448bf5a58a36.jpg

Congrats. You just won the thread with that pose. :duff

No - the giant zipper on the side of the sleeve makes it as simple as possible.

Difficulty scale: 1 out of 10
Not mine.....
Zipper was very stuck at about half way down. I had to use tweezers to grasp the head of the zipper and some oil oil to finally get it loose. It is a bit better not but still kinks a bit at the exact same spot each time. I do not trust it. I also found the switch was located exactly below the zipper making it difficult to turn on and off.

Spoiled by the ease of c3Po and R2 and the sensor type switch....
I would have preferred velcro, the zipper is very obvious. Velcor would haveruined the sleek lines of the arms I think though...

Damnit. My Kylo is still saying "item shipping soon"
I was hoping to have him within the next few days. But ooooh no! Doh!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hey guys, those who already own this figure, how many of you have cut the bottom corners of the hood? I was thinking of doing it but wasn’t sure it was a great idea. Just feel like there's more possibilities with the bottom corners night stitched to the inner shoulders.

Hey guys, those who already own this figure, how many of you have cut the bottom corners of the hood? I was thinking of doing it but wasn’t sure it was a great idea. Just feel like there's more possibilities with the bottom corners night stitched to the inner shoulders.

I cut them all, allows you to turn the whole hood for poses that look to the side.

Here's what I did

Cut the bottom corners of the hood, shoulders, and chest off ( stitching that is , not the actual fabric )

Simple, don't go too crazy with it guys keep it basic, all that it needs so it looks like you didn't do anything at all and it was designed that way

Looks like I didn't touch it at all

But..

Now the hood is more dynamic like when he was reflecting blaster bolts and the hood kept getting tweaked

I also found the switch was located exactly below the zipper making it difficult to turn on and off.

I guess it depends how you've posed his arm. Mine is about 45° from the zipper and it's no trouble as all. If they would just go with a push button this issue could be avoided

I guess it depends how you've posed his arm. Mine is about 45° from the zipper and it's no trouble as all. If they would just go with a push button this issue could be avoided

Yup. Same with the voice feature for Vader, which I haven't bothered to mess with. I've actually just left the zipper unzipped on Ren for fear of breakage.

Yup. Same with the voice feature for Vader, which I haven't bothered to mess with. I've actually just left the zipper unzipped on Ren for fear of breakage.

Where is Vader's breath button? They can't build the button into his belt or chest?

Where is Vader's breath button? They can't build the button into his belt or chest?

They should have had all the sound come from his base....but instead the buttons are on his back under 3 layers of clothing, impossible to reach without undressing him and it goes into power save mode after 15 mins. I didn't even bother putting the batteries in or trying it.

There's a remote for it, but (and it's a big but), the actual on/off button is under all of his clothing and apparently too small to easily get to through the clothing, so he needs to basically be undressed each time you want to use it as there's a 15-minute timer and once the 15-minutes is up it is to be turned off and on again. Hence why I never bothered in the first place. Should have been built into the stand/base for the figure.

Back