1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude could barely construct a lightsaber and you expect him to be doing flips n ****. That's part of why I love his character so much.

Yeah his training is bizarre at that age, for Snoke to say he still needs to complete his training was weird. I guess Ren is not a Jedi..yet :dunno

Dude could barely construct a lightsaber and you expect him to be doing flips n ****. That's part of why I love his character so much.

Was the ******** up lightsaber intentional or by accident? I know he used the damaged crystal, but did he do it intentionally or did he screw up on his crystal selection?

Yeah his training is bizarre at that age, for Snoke to say he still needs to complete his training was weird. I guess Ren is not a Jedi..yet :dunno

I thought that was odd also, and I'm not sure what Snoke was referring to. Was he referring to further teaching Kylo the ways of the Dark Side, or further training him in the ways of the force in general?

Before one really becomes someone's apprentice with the Dark Side, I always thought the pupil was pretty much already trained in the ways of the force and strong with it (hence, why masters want them).

Probably just comes from lack of knowledge and patience.

If he screwed up his lightsaber like that on his lightsaber fabrication trial under the tutelage of Luke, I presume he'd flunk. :lol

Is it safe to say that Kylo is that sort of that "C+" Jedi/force user? I forget the comedian's name, but I recall him joking that you rarely ever see any "C+" Jedi, being that they're all portrayed as being top notch. :lol

I wonder if he as ever a Jedi then at one point, because if he screwed up his lightsaber like that on his lightsaber fabrication trial, I presume he'd flunk. :lol

Is it safe to say that Kylo is that sort of that "C+" Jedi/force user? I forget the comedian's name, but I recall him joking that you rarely ever see any "C+" Jedi, being that they're all portrayed as being top notch. :lol

He probably created it in a hurry, and before all of the other New Jedi Order members could make their own. Probably how he managed to slaughter them.

He's powerful, that's for sure, but his saber skills are sub-par. He lacks technique, he just goes for heavy swings, doesn't quite have the same finesse of his Grandfather
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bky8PY3boak

I think that Kylo was Luke's student. Thought he was hot ****, got impatient with Luke's slow training. Built his own lightsaber behind luke's back. Then grouped up with his Knight bros and tried to slay Luke but Luke wrecked them all but couldn't kill Kylo. Then Kylo ran away and joined Snoke.

I think that Kylo was Luke's student. Thought he was hot ****, got impatient with Luke's slow training. Built his own lightsaber behind luke's back. Then grouped up with his Knight bros and tried to slay Luke but Luke wrecked them all but couldn't kill Kylo. Then Kylo ran away and joined Snoke.

Knights of Ren may still be a thing. Could possibly make an appearance in Ep.VIII.
Might be Kylo's version of Malaks dark Jedi. Or some kind of Elite special forces?

No flips, no special skills other than Force choke and levitation, i don't think Kylo is trained to be a Jedi. I'm not saying it as bad thing, I think Kylo is just a force user but not a Jedi.

Even Anakin could flip and have speed. In the Clone Wars show, we can see how good of a Jedi Anakin was and in the animated Clone Wars movie Anakin was a badass years before the timeline of ROTS

No flips, no special skills other than Force choke and levitation, i don't think Kylo is trained to be a Jedi. I'm saying it as bad thing, I think Kylo is just a force user but not a Jedi.

Even Anakin could flip and have speed. In the Clone Wars show, we can see how good of a Jedi Anakin was and in the animated Clone Wars movie Anakin was a badass years before the timeline of ROTS

But the Clone Wars Era was during the Prime of the Jedi Order, when they had lots of different knowledge, training and techniques.
All of the Jedi Masters were wiped out, records were probably destroyed.
Things will probably never be like they used to.

I love Kylo's brutal and raw lightsaber. I love his fighting style, It's just so powerful and full of anger.

tumblr_o141sp2bqf1rawb5do1_500.jpg

It's like his saber is super heavy.

No flips, no special skills other than Force choke and levitation, i don't think Kylo is trained to be a Jedi. I'm saying it as bad thing, I think Kylo is just a force user but not a Jedi.

Based on what was sort of implied in the film, I agree that I don't think he ever got to the stage of being a Jedi. He's undoubtedly very strong with The Force, but I don't believe he knows how to use it to his full potential, nor are his saber wielding skills that polished. Like kazar stated, it seems like he became corrupted while he was still training with Luke.

Anakin was pretty powerful in the CW show and in RotS, in my opinion. Very spry and his saber skills were top notch. The way he and Obi-Wan dueled each other in RotS makes me believe that they would easily out class and out match anyone who attempted to duel either of them during that time period.

Based on what was sort of implied in the film, I agree that I don't think he ever got to the stage of being a Jedi. He's undoubtedly very strong with The Force, but I don't believe he knows how to use it to his full potential, nor are his saber wielding skills that polished. Like kazar stated, it seems like he became corrupted while he was still training with Luke.

Anakin was pretty powerful in the CW show and in RotS, in my opinion. Very spry and his saber skills were top notch. The way he and Obi-Wan dueled each other in RotS makes me believe that they would easily out class and out match anyone who attempted to duel either of them during that time period.

And I think it was supposed to be that way. It was the height of the Jedi Order. Knowledge and teachings passed down through thousands of years.

Opposed to Luke trying to figure out how to pass down his own skills and limited knowledge to a bunch of kids.

But the Clone Wars Era was during the Prime of the Jedi Order, when they had lots of different knowledge, training and techniques.
All of the Jedi Masters were wiped out, records were probably destroyed.
Things will probably never be like they used to.

That's why the more they get into Snoke's history, the better. I think it's fine that Rey is training to be a Jedi in EP VIII but I think EP VIII needs to focus on the past of Kylo and Luke's new order and definitely Snoke because I left the movie thinking, jeez there are so many things unanswered from TFA and that's why I thought the plot for TFA was so basic evermore so than ANH.

I know there's speculation all over of how fans think how this new generation came to be, but there is no proof yet. And until we physically see it in a movie, I'm not convinced of anything. :lecture

And I think it was supposed to be that way. It was the height of the Jedi Order. Knowledge and teachings passed down through thousands of years.

Opposed to Luke trying to figure out how to pass down his own skills and limited knowledge to a bunch of kids.

Agree 100%. He (Luke) was given the rudiments from Obi-Wan and Yoda, but he essentially had to do a "figure it out as you go along" type thing. Thus, the new breed of Jedi would be founded on whatever his knowledge and skills were.

In RotS, the Jedi arts were perfected.

Back