1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this figure in person for the first time today, and he really is amazing, but he looked very tall next to the SS Hoth Han. Not being critical either way - just curious if one or the other is out of scale? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

kylo.jpg

I saw this figure in person for the first time today, and he really is amazing, but he looked very tall next to the SS Hoth Han. Not being critical either way - just curious if one or the other is out of scale? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

View attachment 242995

Adam Driver is a couple inches taller than Ford. So it seems fine to me.

I'm pretty sure Adam Driver is like, 6'3".

Adam Driver is a couple inches taller than Ford. So it seems fine to me.

My general sentiments as well.

Although I know there's been a few arguments on occasion in the Marvel and DC sections, mostly Marvel, regarding the scale of the figures and whether or not they're supposed to represent the height of the actor or the character. They get all crazy with it and start breaking out official height comparison charts, measuring a Terminator figure next to Captain America, a Predator figure next to Thor, MoS Supes next to DX12 TDKR Bats, etc. Then one will argue that the heights for each figure only conform to that particular series line. For instance, the Marvel AoU figures are all in scale with just the figures in the AoU line, etc.

People didn't necessarily literally say those things verbatim, but more less giving an example on how crazy they get about it.

My general sentiments as well.

Although I know there's been a few arguments on occasion in the Marvel and DC sections, mostly Marvel, regarding the scale of the figures and whether or not they're supposed to represent the height of the actor or the character. They get all crazy with it and start breaking out official height comparion charts, measuring a Terminator figure next to Captain America, a Predator figure next to Thor, MoS Supes next to DX12 TDKR Bats, etc. Then one will argue that the heights for each figure only conform to that particular series line. For instance, the Marvel AoU figures are all in scale with just the figures in the AoU line, etc.

People didn't necessarily literally say those things verbatim, but more less giving an example on how crazy they get about it.

Kylo Ren is still taller than Han Solo.

Han Solo: 1.8m
Kylo Ren: 1.89m

Kylo will probably sell out faster since TFA is the hottest thing right now.

Yeah Vader is looking like he needs all these mods and then the sound effects issues. But I have this feeling that HT will make another Kylo this year and not even sure if he will still look like this in Ep VIII. Mask is gone, Rey broke his saber, they know who he is now. However Ep VIII is still a year away.

But Kylo, at least this Kylo has great articulation, I don't mind not having the Driver sculpt, for the one that custom guy is doing, I hope everyone that's jumping on his train, knows those sculpts are unpainted :thud:

Now I'm not saying Vader doesn't have the articulation, but I haven't anybody do an extreme pose with Vader

Ep8 is about 2 years away

(waiting for a Rogue One Vader myself)

Yeah Vader is looking like he needs all these mods and then the sound effects issues. But I have this feeling that HT will make another Kylo this year and not even sure if he will still look like this in Ep VIII. Mask is gone, Rey broke his saber, they know who he is now. However Ep VIII is still a year away.

He can make a new mask and saber.

But Kylo, at least this Kylo has great articulation, I don't mind not having the Driver sculpt, for the one that custom guy is doing, I hope everyone that's jumping on his train, knows those sculpts are unpainted :thud:

Now I'm not saying Vader doesn't have the articulation, but I haven't anybody do an extreme pose with Vader

I mean in the movies Vader never does extreme poses, he's a tank.

In the EU comics he was pretty agile. I can't believe Kylo didn't do any unique moves in the film, No jumps or flips :slap

Dude could barely construct a lightsaber and you expect him to be doing flips n ****. That's part of why I love his character so much.

That's the thing too I see a ESB Vader or ROTJ HT Vader coming are way also

I wonder when CW and B vs S DOJ comes out, will TFA hoopla finally fizzle out

After this SW phase, I think you'll see more SW figures revealed at the end of this year. After this SW figure run, I think you'll see some CW figures start going on PO. BvS Bats (various versions) and Supes have already gone on PO. Summer I think will yield some more BvS and CW figures.

Back