1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love options and accessories when it comes to these figures. in this case though, i'm not too bummed about it. for me i'm not too concerned about not having a driver sculpt, vader helmet, or removable hood. don't get me wrong, i do prefer that they were included, but i probably wouldn't ever use the driver sculpt. i have yet to throw an RDJ head onto my iron man figures. but i am curious to see how this character is handled.. will there be a second version? will they just wait for episode VIII? will the outfit change for episode VIII?

mine should arrive on monday or tuesday, i'm psyched. i just wish i didn't have to wait so long for the trooper officer set.

the hood on my kylo is very tight. Can someone do a detailed description of the hood mod? Where exactly did you cut?

Sideshow put a short body on a lot of the Hoth Han figures so that isn't helping, but Ren is a pretty tall figure.

Ah, thanks for the response. I did look up the actors heights at the shop and it really didn't compute. Seems like one's a little this way and the other a little that way but the result together looks way off to me - Han's eyes level with Ren's mouth. C'est la vie. Everybody's pics look great and it seems like a killer figure. I'd get one but I'm afraid he'll have a tantrum and **** ** my detolf.

Okay I got the shirt today from Toy Anxiety and replaced it onto my kylo figure.

It was super nerve wracking but I accomplished it and I have to say that removing the hood from the outer cloak is the way to go. It makes the hood drape much more naturally and is easier to futz around with.

I did take a picture as Word Gar requested. I was a bit weirded out at the time from cutting pieces off of my expensive figure so I didn't get very creative with the pose.
977ebb1787ca4f771261bc4b603138b7.jpg

Here is the figure reassembled.

7aa41096-bfbf-4cb5-aaa9-41b0243d8bf3_zpsakvo0c3x.jpg

Looks great. Glad you got your Kylo fixed. :clap

Tried the promo poster pose. This figures articulation makes up for the first order Stormtroopers lol. tmp_28159-20160202233220_11014697478.jpg

Got my Kylo stand in set up in the Detolf for the real Kylo to arrive from SSC. I think he looks pretty good in there..lol
8933921ca6e604a9536298de0c77d54e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Adam driver is 6'5" if I understand correctly. Prowse was like 6'6 himself, not including his outfit, so both would be tall....but Driver is pretty thin looking.

Got this figure today and like it a lot more than I thought........I was under the impression that the hood was sewen to the helmet for some reason. Pretty happy the way it is, myself....

Dude, that's hurtful. :rotfl

I was trying to evoke the image from the early trailer. Visceral, stalking.

View attachment 243057

I concede that it didn't translate through the camera lens. It looked better on the shelf and gave off the vibe I had in mind. Right up until your comment, at which point I found I was unable to unsee the skates. :lol

I've made some adjustments.

View attachment 243060

View attachment 243061

I don't know, still looks like he might be trying out for roller derby. :rotfl Someone just passed him and he got angry and whipped out the lightsabre. :lightsabe

I'm just teasing, He looks good. Mine arrived today but I'm yet to unbox him.

Mine comes on Monday. Gonna try my best to get that pose and not have him look like he's rollerskating.

Adam driver is 6'5" if I understand correctly. Prowse was like 6'6 himself, not including his outfit, so both would be tall....but Driver is pretty thin looking.

Got this figure today and like it a lot more than I thought........I was under the impression that the hood was sewen to the helmet for some reason. Pretty happy the way it is, myself....
6'3"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

*Removable hood
*Ben Solo sculpt
*Vader Helmet Relic

These would have made an otherwise outstanding figure stellar.

Im still surprised at how many people here dont know how HT operates. They never go all in on the first iteration of a figure. This would kill their business of being able to double and triple dip this stuff. Of course they could have done all that. They purposely didnt.

This leaves room for them to do a DX and a 2.0. I mean they went NUTS with the Batman figures, and thats not even as popular as Star Wars. For just ONE movie, Dark Knight, they did FOUR versions of Heath Ledgers Joker. Lmao. Ill bet over the years they release a bunch of versions of every new Star Wars character. Its inevitable. People were not using their heads if they thought they would go all in on this one version of Kylo and call it a wrap lol. Theyre just getting started with this first version.

Back