1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why the more they get into Snoke's history, the better. I think it's fine that Rey is training to be a Jedi in EP VIII but I think EP VIII needs to focus on the past of Kylo and Luke's new order and definitely Snoke because I left the movie thinking, jeez there are so many things unanswered from TFA and that's why I thought the plot for TFA was so basic evermore so than ANH.

I know there's speculation all over of how fans think how this new generation came to be, but there is no proof yet. And until we physically see it in a movie, I'm not convinced of anything. :lecture

Hopefully after Rebels we get a series set between ROTJ and TFA, although unlikely since theres about 30 years worth of events to cover.

Dude could barely construct a lightsaber and you expect him to be doing flips n ****. That's part of why I love his character so much.

Im pretty sure its because they were trying so hard to mirror everything in ANH.... and Vader never flips. He just stands there all the time.

guyver I think you answered your own question. It seems that you didn't really love TFA or Kylo. Do you really want to spend all that money on a figure of a character you don't love?

I bought him because I adored his character. I went into the movie thinking his lightsaber looked dumb as **** but came out thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

Im pretty sure its because they were trying so hard to mirror everything in ANH.... and Vader never flips. He just stands there all the time.

You also think Attack of the Clones is better than A New Hope.

guyver I think you answered your own question. It seems that you didn't really love TFA or Kylo. Do you really want to spend all that money on a figure of a character you don't love?

I bought him because I adored his character. I went into the movie thinking his lightsaber looked dumb as **** but came out thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

You also think Attack of the Clones is better than A New Hope.

It's funny that I think I might like the figure (Outfit and saber ) more than the character of Kylo. Is that crazy:horror

I'm just saying that you are trying to decide between two figures and you don't seem to like Kylo that much.

There will be more Vaders probably not in the A New Hope style. There will probably be another TFA Kylo with a headsculpt.

I doubt either of them will be out within the next year.

I'm just saying that you are trying to decide between two figures and you don't seem to like Kylo that much.

There will be more Vaders probably not in the A New Hope style. There will probably be another TFA Kylo with a headsculpt.

I doubt either of them will be out within the next year.

I hear you loud and clear, I get it trust me.

I wish I could get both..but you know Life gets in the way. I know you haven't posted much but others that know me, know that I welcome all feedback from others and I never take it personal, nothing ever phases me. Most of the time deep down I know what the solution is to my own questions, I guess there is a part of me that always wants to get feedback from others

Back to the topic. I see this version of Kylo as a one of a kind piece because I don't think this design (Film wise) will be around again. So IMO this might be the piece to get while it's around because it is such a uniquely designed outfit for a character. I'm sure in Ep VIII F.O. troopers will still look the same but I think this version of Kylo is history.

If anything I don't see a tri saber design anymore in this new era.

All thanks to xipotec! https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...tolf-build-custom-led-setup-instructions.html

Packed is good! more so when you have something like Groot/Vader/Ren/Hulk/Chewie etc. who towers the regular sized figures.

HA! Nice to see it! Looks great!!!! and thanks for the kudos!

Some quick shots...better ones to come.....

Had lots of trouble with his zipper, a tweezer and a little oil oil helped....
Going to break out the good camera...iphone cameras are no good for macro.

IMG_8634.jpg

IMG_8639.jpg

IMG_8644.jpg

IMG_8645.jpg

IMG_8649.jpg

IMG_8652.jpg

If he on roller skates?

Dude, that's hurtful. :rotfl

I was trying to evoke the image from the early trailer. Visceral, stalking.

star-wars-force-awakens-kylo-ren-finn-lightsaber.jpg

I concede that it didn't translate through the camera lens. It looked better on the shelf and gave off the vibe I had in mind. Right up until your comment, at which point I found I was unable to unsee the skates. :lol

I've made some adjustments.

G7-1070905.jpg

G7-1070908.jpg

Dude, that's hurtful. :rotfl

I was trying to evoke the image from the early trailer. Visceral, stalking.

View attachment 243057

I concede that it didn't translate through the camera lens. It looked better on the shelf and gave off the vibe I had in mind. Right up until your comment, at which point I found I was unable to unsee the skates. :lol

I've made some adjustments.

View attachment 243060

View attachment 243061

I like the pose but if you didn't tell us, I would've never guessed that's what you were trying to do

Turn it around, take a pic and light that mother up :lol

Just ordered Kylo. Had to flex pay him (money tight with flex's this month) but I didn't want to take the chance of him selling out. No NRD so all is good.

I saw this figure in person for the first time today, and he really is amazing, but he looked very tall next to the SS Hoth Han. Not being critical either way - just curious if one or the other is out of scale? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Sideshow put a short body on a lot of the Hoth Han figures so that isn't helping, but Ren is a pretty tall figure.

I wonder how active this thread will stay until it fizzles out. I can't believe there are people still posting on the Batman DX09 thread :horror

Okay I got the shirt today from Toy Anxiety and replaced it onto my kylo figure.

It was super nerve wracking but I accomplished it and I have to say that removing the hood from the outer cloak is the way to go. It makes the hood drape much more naturally and is easier to futz around with.

I did take a picture as Word Gar requested. I was a bit weirded out at the time from cutting pieces off of my expensive figure so I didn't get very creative with the pose.
977ebb1787ca4f771261bc4b603138b7.jpg

Here is the figure reassembled.

7aa41096-bfbf-4cb5-aaa9-41b0243d8bf3_zpsakvo0c3x.jpg

Last edited:
Back