1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Kylo Ren

Honestly its looks like a most simple Hot Toys ever, hands down. Just a simple black robe, no accessories, no headsculpt, just one helmeted face

It's just a prototype, plus it's not hot toys fault she's so bland haha. They are just copying what she's like in the movie.

Why does Ren have an NRD while FO trooper and gunner don't :gah:

They're all scheduled to release around dec -February

This is what's wrong with HT and SSC

Notice all the announced figures have no face sculpt. They had the fastest development time, to get them up for Force Friday.

I have no complaints with that. When all is said and done with my SW collection, the only head-sculpt that will be seen is ANH and/or ROTJ Luke, Han and Darth Maul, if you count him. Full armored figures FTW:rock

Tempted with kylo, since I usually lean more towards villains, since they usually look cooler, but the design of him is just so.... bleh. There's nothing there. Its a black cloak and a mask (not even any red or anything in the mask), and I havent seen the movie so I have no idea if Ill even like the character.

$250 for a very plain design and not knowing anything about him... just cant pull the trigger on it. NOW, if this were Phasma, I would be ALL over that, with that chrome armor and that red cloak... she is super cool looking far beyond Kylo Ren.

Re: Hot Toys Kylo Ren

How does doing a different design equal a cash grab? That makes no sense to me. It doesn't matter if it's exactly vaders with two extra buttons or curved or this...it's going to sell. But, if they all where exactly the same how does that visually distinguish them. Has nothing to do with "cash grab" and everything to do with visual distinguish. Collectors man. If it's not exactly what they would like the come up with more conspiracy theory's then alien abductees.

You can't deny Disney cares more about the $$ than the universe. It's not their creation, they bought it so they could make $$. So what I mean by cash grab is they are re-designing every Saber we've seen so far from their properties. Even Kanan's is slightly different in that it's 2 pieces and must be put together before use. I just feel they told their concept artists to ignore the standard lightsaber design for the last 38 years and go crazy to generate interest. To be innovative and different, hopeing to bring new interest from long time fans. I have a bunch of the Master Replica's Lightsaber hilts (Not FX ones, only have 3 of those). I wasn't gonna buy them all cause many were very similar. I bought the versions I liked, or the Character's I liked but didn't feel the "gotta have em all" syndrome. :lol So why would I buy them again from EFX or whoever wants to license them and do movie 1:1 replicas? If you put all of Lucas' designed sabers together on a table they look like they belong, now take the 4 so far created by Disney and each is COMPLETELY different. Most people that are casual fans probably wouldn't even realize all 4 were lightsabers. Now I know you'll argue it's a business and it makes sense yada yada... but you don't have to be so blatant about it. I liked the subtle differences from the original Sabers. The released original footage of Kylo Ren's saber sparked lot's of controversy from fans and media. Good publicity, and to me felt blatant. Meaning instead of drawing interest to the story, drawing interst to cool new visuals that actually made no sense what so ever... maybe movie will explain it, but to me it's a dumb design and impractical as seen in so many fan rants and videos.

Yeah, where's Captain Phasma?! :impatient:
Waiting for her as well. Should be soon considering she's just a chromed up Trooper with a cape.

YU2ouEY.jpg

Should be soon considering she's just a chromed up Trooper with a cape.

The armor is similar in concept and style, but completely different in terms of details - this includes helmet, shoes, shins, pelvis and more - the character is also taller.

I'm thinking its time to reward point UP... and get myself a free Kylo Ren. I need to think on it first, really like the silver trooper though if that is coming out soonish?

No, $22.50 is the DEPOSIT you pay to secure your order. It will be deducted from your balance owing come processing time. Shipping is unknown/undisclosed at this time.

I know the NRD is deducted from the end balance...the $22 I'm referring is the shipping I pay for sideshow items.

I believe that is the SH Figuart, Ive seen the same figure from a different angle which had the TIE in the background plus the stand is a give away (not to mention the Tamashi Nations logo next to it).

Back