1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Kylo Ren

I will probably pick this guy up as long as he isn't too expensive. If they can do the deluxe Boba Fett for $250, I don't see why this would cost more just because the lightsaber lights up.

I wonder if the lightsaber is attached to the hand. Why else would they have a hand holding it in the picture?

I wonder if the lightsaber is attached to the hand. Why else would they have a hand holding it in the picture?

You can bet on it. Likely the forearm holds small cell batteries to power LEDs in the hilt. That's one possible way to make it anyway.

Just gonna say...I told y'all he would be first! ;)

Technically the HK TRU Stormtrooper was first but, that is an HK exclusive, and I had no clue that was happening. But I knew about Ren coming this week. :)

The other Stormtroopers were ineviteable.

If they can make this little thing brighter than the sun :rotfl...
PD1406517110tf9.jpg

its shouldn't be that difficult for them to add light to a lightsaber...

So are the newly announced figures going to be available to buy now or just PO? Based on the Kylo Ren writeup it sounds like Hot Toys has these ready to go.

Edit: From the first page:

But before the movie’s release, a wide range of merchandise based on this upcoming film is starting to hit the stores in September to let Star Wars enthusiasts to get ready for the film!
To kick off the long-awaited Star Wars: The Force Awakens collection, Hot Toys is very excited to present the 1/6th scale collectible figure of the mysterious main character in the upcoming movie – Kylo Ren!

So are the newly announced figures going to be available to buy now or just PO? Based on the Kylo Ren writeup it sounds like Hot Toys has these ready to go.

But before the movie’s release, a wide range of merchandise based on this upcoming film is starting to hit the stores in September to let Star Wars enthusiasts to get ready for the film!
To kick off the long-awaited Star Wars: The Force Awakens collection, Hot Toys is very excited to present the 1/6th scale collectible figure of the mysterious main character in the upcoming movie – Kylo Ren!
I doubt they're all ready to be mass produced. Looks like they just got around to doing a handful of the Commander Stormtrooper for the TRU event.

Not really feeling the "iconic" vibe from Ren. I think Disney is ripping off Revan because they know he's popular and probably won't be used in its cinematic ventures, sadly.
Loose parts for me.

He looks OK. I usually only go for the bad guys but man I'm just not sold on anything I've seen for SW The Force Awakens. Maybe I'll change my opinion once I've seen the movie but till then... No excitement for me. I can't get past Disney's designs. Even Kylo Ren's black face mask resembles an angular duck bill. Not as bad as the first order trooper but I can't unsee it. :( :lol

I really like Kylo Ren's look, but I'm far from sold on Rey, Finn and Poe.

If he is in stock, I won't be able to resist buying him, unless the price turns out to be ridiculous. Then I'd hold off for a code or something.

I think Ren is a bit too anonymous with the helmet and lacks something that sets him apart form all the rest. OK he's got a cross saber..anyway, I was actually more intrigued by seeing the villain without the helmet.

Am I the only person who thinks that the lightsaber in the promo shots looks like it was added in Microsoft paint?

It's a great looking figure otherwise so far :lol

Am I the only person who thinks that the lightsaber in the promo shots looks like it was added in Microsoft paint?

It's a great looking figure otherwise so far :lol

Probably just trying to show what it may look like lit up, not too impressed by that switch out arm, looks like they took notes from SS

I think Ren is a bit too anonymous with the helmet and lacks something that sets him apart form all the rest. OK he's got a cross saber..anyway, I was actually more intrigued by seeing the villain without the helmet.

Ugh that Saber!!! I just can't get past that. Disney is all about the $$$.. So to me it's a bad design for a cash grab. Lucas had plain old sabers then the dual Saber and that was it (not counting Dooku or Ventress' curved hilts). It was the design of the hilts being cool unique and different that made me like them. First we saw the Inquisitors Saber design on rebels, terrible, then Ezra's design with a stun gun built in, ok he's a kid and it's Disney so he can't kill anyone but still whatever, now the cross pommel just waiting for Kylo Ren to accidently kill himself :rotfl. Will anyone have a regular old saber other than Luke's 30+ year old hilt they're running around with?? All about the $$$$$$ Disney + Star Wars = $$$$ the pitch at board meetings.

Everything is the "Empire" this far which rocks.....I am sooooo sold on the troops. Ren is likely a purchase as I enjoy his look as well. The good guys wait n see

This new type of saber is cool but it looks too much like a sword
How much more powerful are these against regular sabers

Back