1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 317 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered from sideshow. No NRD on this single. If a coupon pops up and he's still available i'll cancel and reorder.

Ordered this guy, may get the heavy gunner and try to call it a day at two of this version since there's phasma and the flame trooper, snowtrooper and pilot which will no doubt be on the way

Ordered from sideshow. No NRD on this single. If a coupon pops up and he's still available i'll cancel and reorder.

True but BBTS is $10 shipping Fedx in the U.S. While sideshow is double that at over $20 for UPS ground.

Just food for thought for anyone seeking alternatives.

I'm on the fence with this. I love the new design of the helmet that pays homage to the original but still gives a modern feel to it as well as the uniform. But hopefully the body used in the pics is not the final body cause it seems like it has some thunder thighs.

I'm on the fence with this. I love the new design of the helmet that pays homage to the original but still gives a modern feel to it as well as the uniform. But hopefully the body used in the pics is not the final body cause it seems like it has some thunder thighs.

I think the design is great! Looks like the natural evolution of the character. 30 years after Jedi there would be refinements in the armor and look. The troopers do appear rather squat but that's the design. I think the figure looks spot on.

This figure looks to great to pass on! I ordered 1 from my local dealer. It'll be my first Hot Toys figure and I'm really eager to see more pics of the figure along the way :D.

Re: Hot Toys First Order Stormtrooper

Careful...that was close. :lol

Like the fat deposits on these Stormies. :lol

Saw some pictures of the squad leader posted in his forum. The thighs don't look too big to me. Looks like a human beings legs would look if you covered them in a rubber suit and armor:

11949442_10156017231590191_6196407737395751423_n.jpg

*Picture originally uploaded by herculesanakin

I wasn't planning on collecting any TFA figures as I have tried to limit my collection to just classic Star Wars, I also don't have any Troopers of any kind though am shopping for an after market Hot Toys Stormtrooper. But after seeing the new TFA trooper I am thinking about putting together an evolution of the Stormtrooper collection. My only concern is that the Sideshow Clone Troopers might look too skinny next to the Hot Toys Classic Stormtrooper and TFA Trooper. Here is a picture I found when searching for images.....
troopers.jpg

What do you think, are the Sideshow clones too skinny next to Hot Toys Stormtroopers? Anyone else have any other comparison pics?

You could put them on separate shelves. Two clones together, two HT stormies together. The HT figures seem a bit beefier to me. The buckets are big compared to the clone helmets. So even though they're the same height they feel a little bigger. I don't have a clone to compare with though, just going on what I see.

The evolution idea is good though. The TFA one has finally grown on me so I plan to pick up one and may pose it with an OT stormie from time to time.

It's good they look bigger and bulkier - that's how it should be if a human was in a suit unlike HT Iron Men and Batmen that could only contain a stick thin, starving puny humans.

I'm really starting to like the design of this trooper more and more. The fact that they went old school and pulled elements from the McQuarrie concept Stormtrooper really put this over the top for me. Excellent design idea.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441458245.902888.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441458264.528495.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441458274.739146.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441458287.495921.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441458296.266731.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441458308.689648.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441458317.835649.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441458332.352704.jpg

Cool, but to me the thighs look fat which makes the legs look short and stubby. Maybe that's how they are in 1:1 scale? But it doesn't look good from the waist down.

Sean

Back