1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 317 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, but to me the thighs look fat which makes the legs look short and stubby. Maybe that's how they are in 1:1 scale? But it doesn't look good from the waist down.

Sean

I can see what people refer to as "fat" but honestly, they look more like realistically armoured up grunts. If you look at real world marines kitted up and wearing body armour, they look quite bulky.

OT Stormtroopers wore armour less grounded in realism; while First Order trooper armour is impractical due to its lineage, it's more believable to me.

I like the design overall and can't wait to see them in action.

I can see what people refer to as "fat" but honestly, they look more like realistically armoured up grunts. If you look at real world marines kitted up and wearing body armour, they look quite bulky.

OT Stormtroopers wore armour less grounded in realism; while First Order trooper armour is impractical due to its lineage, it's more believable to me.

I just want it to look like what is depicted in the film.
Maybe on the 1:6 version the fat thighs are more noticeable partly due to the large gap between the (seemingly undersized) codpiece and the thigh armor. See this photo of actual costumes and compare it to the 1/6 version below. The calve armor looks a bit large to me, adding to the stubby leg look.

stormtroopers.jpg

attachment.php

Sean

The cod piece does look small, but keep in mind that the troopers in that picture from celebration are 501st members wearing Anovos armor kits, not screen used armor sets.

Armour will be futzable, too.

May not be absolutely 1:1 representation, but given the limitations of rigid plastic bodies, there may have been a compromise to retain range of motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The cod piece does look small, but keep in mind that the troopers in that picture from celebration are 501st members wearing Anovos armor kits, not screen used armor sets.

I believe these are "official", from Celebration (and they look the same as the 501 suits I posted). In any case that tiny cod piece on the Hot Toys version looks weirder and weirder to me, but it might be exaggerated by the large gap between crotch and thigh armor. Still it's too small:

star-wars-7-first-order-stormtrooper-picture.jpg

Sean

Thanks for pointing this out. Now I can't stop looking at the crotch on these guys. :lol

Maybe with their wonderful partnership and all, Sideshow helped them with the codpiece armor? :dunno

I'm guessing it'll be easy enough to futz to look fine:

11949335_10156017227945191_6276832290726975435_n.jpg

I wasn't planning on collecting any TFA figures as I have tried to limit my collection to just classic Star Wars, I also don't have any Troopers of any kind though am shopping for an after market Hot Toys Stormtrooper. But after seeing the new TFA trooper I am thinking about putting together an evolution of the Stormtrooper collection. My only concern is that the Sideshow Clone Troopers might look too skinny next to the Hot Toys Classic Stormtrooper and TFA Trooper. Here is a picture I found when searching for images.....
View attachment 208217

What do you think, are the Sideshow clones too skinny next to Hot Toys Stormtroopers? Anyone else have any other comparison pics?

That freaky moment when your own picture is pulled from image search and posted...

Clones are a bit skinner than hot toys, but it's a little exaggerated in that pic as the clones are standing further back. And yes the color difference is quite striking. The SS Clones seemed pretty white until the HT turned up. Wonder if TFA HT will be another shade again or the same as their stormtrooper.

I have that Stormy with the SS Snowy and Scout now, but I wonder if I should grab another single stormtrooper for the evolution pic with TFA as well...

I really don't mind the new look, have preorderd a standard trooper but the way the armour makes them look a bit stockier makes me wonder if they designed it around the phasma character as she is 6'3 ( according to wiki )

I really don't mind the new look, have preorderd a standard trooper but the way the armour makes them look a bit stockier makes me wonder if they designed it around the phasma character as she is 6'3 ( according to wiki )

Phasma has enough differences to her appearance that if they just do a repaint for her there are going to be a huge amount of disappointed people.

oh, they really look alike, dont they? :idea

phasma.jpg

I wasn't planning on collecting any TFA figures as I have tried to limit my collection to just classic Star Wars, I also don't have any Troopers of any kind though am shopping for an after market Hot Toys Stormtrooper. But after seeing the new TFA trooper I am thinking about putting together an evolution of the Stormtrooper collection. My only concern is that the Sideshow Clone Troopers might look too skinny next to the Hot Toys Classic Stormtrooper and TFA Trooper. Here is a picture I found when searching for images.....
View attachment 208217

What do you think, are the Sideshow clones too skinny next to Hot Toys Stormtroopers? Anyone else have any other comparison pics?
uploadfromtaptalk1441545027445.jpg

Sideshow figure legs are skinny, lacks the thigh muscle of the Hot Toys one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back