1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 317 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow figure legs are skinny, lacks the thigh muscle of the Hot Toys one.

Thanks but if I am getting a CloneTrooper Sideshow is my only option right? I just want to know if it's worth it to do an "evolution" of the Stormtrooper display. I picked up the Hot Toys Original Trilogy Stormtrooper from Ebay, now I am deciding on this the new order version, but I think I only want to do it if I go for a version from the prequels too.

Thanks but if I am getting a CloneTrooper Sideshow is my only option right? I just want to know if it's worth it to do an "evolution" of the Stormtrooper display. I picked up the Hot Toys Original Trilogy Stormtrooper from Ebay, now I am deciding on this the new order version, but I think I only want to do it if I go for a version from the prequels too.

Tough call. I considered the same thing, but being an older figure with some pretty unrealistic proportions, not sure if it'll work as well as I'd like.

I think the Deluxe was good for its time but not sure it can hold up against the HT OT and ST stormtroopers. Paint is noticeably less bright, too, although that's secondary to overall proportions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ac1d58f71155e3ed9166e1b0b2136d7c.jpg

Sideshow lieutenant from few years back

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We may see a Hot Toys clone at some point down the line. I don't have enough love for the prequels though to buy any though. For now I'm willing to bet on the ST and order one stormtrooper. Will wait to order anything else until after the flick.

We may see a Hot Toys clone at some point down the line. I don't have enough love for the prequels though to buy any though. For now I'm willing to bet on the ST and order one stormtrooper. Will wait to order anything else until after the flick.

I have zero love for the PT, but I do enjoy some of the design and costumes.

I have zero love for the PT, but I do enjoy some of the design and costumes.

This. I would probably buy a Phantom Menace Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. Maybe a Padme from the second film and a Jango Fett. I'm sure there could be a few more if I thought about it. I try not to though.

:lol

Don't flame me guys. But dare I say that the prequel trooper design look better? The OT are the best ones, the new ones lack a lot of definition in the armor and they look slightly over weight.

Don't flame me guys. But dare I say that the prequel trooper design look better? The OT are the best ones, the new ones lack a lot of definition in the armor and they look slightly over weight.

The angular, almost crystalline lines on the PT armour look a bit dated now, IMO.

Well it was the late '90s early '00s when the PT was made? The OT troopers scream late 70's early 80's and the FA scream.....you know. :lol

Weeelll...the only thing about the OT troops that's of their time, particularly in ANH...is the skinny '70s dudes in the costumes. The aesthetic itself...I can't actually put my finger on it. That's why it's such a great design; it obviously contains elements you could recognize like goggles, skulls, gas masks, historical helmets...but put together in a very novel way.

The PT troopers faceted look is derivative of trends at the time in computer generated imagery, and the first label the ST troopers got was "iTrooper". They're derivative too, in their way.

Maybe unavoidable, given that we live in an over-designed visual landscape thanks to the glut of games, entertainment and advertising.

The PT troopers faceted look is derivative of trends at the time in computer generated imagery, and the first label the ST troopers got was "iTrooper". They're derivative too, in their way.

Maybe unavoidable, given that we live in an over-designed visual landscape thanks to the glut of games, entertainment and advertising.

That's kind of how I feel about the FO troopers, now that you mention it. :lol

Well, the missing letter is a vowel and the post has been removed by a mod from the looks of it... I'm sure you can take it from here.

Oh, that was obvious enough. The context and intent a little less so.

In other news, I could see my way to a single First Order Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren. The latter in particular is growing on me, but ideally I'd rather see the actual film first.

Oh, that was obvious enough. The context and intent a little less so.

I'm sure the context and intent are very regressive in nature.

In other news, I could see my way to a single First Order Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren. The latter in particular is growing on me, but ideally I'd rather see the actual film first.

Not a bad choice to start with. I hear you on wanting to see the film first. Hopefully these will be around long enough for us all to make a better educated decision once we've had time to digest the film.

Back