1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 301 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch Figure (full pics/specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch Figure discussion

That looks more like a Superhero outfit. But, I kinda prefer the other look.

Here's a bigger/full photo.

L8XbngI.jpg

Slightly better look at the AoU end scene new costume for SW. Looks pretty close to that concept artwork from the AoU book.

Xkrh1wX.png

Depending on how much is on deck and how financials look at the time, this could be a worthwhile second purchase! My goal is one version of each character, as there are just too many I want to start double-dipping, but it's a great costume so never say never! Depending on what this one comes with though, it may require an AoU Black Widow type release with loads of accessories to differentiate the pose outside of just the costume!

First things first though, let's get this version up for preview!! I'm sure something will go up this week to coincide with the Chinese release of AoU; however, I still see the twins being on the latter end of reveals after Vision and Thor. Here's hoping I'm wrong though! Enough of the waiting! :lol

tumblr_nghexhlRKr1qjx6n6o4_500.gif

Ha, that's exactly why I love it. It's basically the Uncanny Avengers costume without the headpiece.

It's a step in the right direction. But the coat needs to be ankle length. and the entire outfit should be red. I would also like to see her have some version of the headpiece. It would give her the iconic SW look. Plus it keeps her hair out of her face during battle. :wink1:

I'm ok with the costume as-is at the moment.
- I do agree that a headpiece is a must, and I do hope it's introduced in the not to distant future.

If we can't get Thor to wear a helmet it may be hard to get Olsen to wear a head piece :lol

Not holding out hope that we will get it... :( hope I am wrong though.

If we can't get Thor to wear a helmet it may be hard to get Olsen to wear a head piece :lol

Easier to wear than a helmet though. XD Least i'm assuming it would. I honestly never understood how Wanda put it on in the comics. XD It's just there. It doesn't look like a headband.

Besides the fact that she wore it in the comics, I can't see any reason why she should wear it in the movies.

The movies are not the comics. They have different designs, different looks, and some things that look great on paper look don't quite work on screen. Thor's helmet, Wolverine's headpiece thing, ect.

Hell, at this point you are lucky that Captain America still has a helmet considering they find a reason for him to take it off in every fight scene he is in.

Yeah, unless they give her a reason to wear it -- like Magneto has for wearing his helmet -- then odds are they won't bring it in. I mean, it's entirely possible it'd make a brief appearance, but I don't think it'd be the permanent look for a movie. As mean mentioned, Thor lost his helmet after the first film, and while I have nothing against the helmet, it's probably for the better.

Granted, Cap does wear his helmet from time to time, but he's an honest to goodness soldier (whatever that means...it just sounded right :lol) so it's part of his DNA to wear the uniform.

Plus, it's added protection for him...well, most of the time. :lol

avengers-age-of-ultron-42b.gif

Well, whenever they ever do make the new costume at the end of AOU, I'd love to see people try to make custom headpieces to see how it'd look.

I think i'll wait to get the new costume if I do decide to order it. The first outfit just looked ragged. Hot, but ragged ;)

I hope someone plans on selling custom Whimple's/tiaras. Id be so happy.

Besides the fact that she wore it in the comics, I can't see any reason why she should wear it in the movies.

The movies are not the comics. They have different designs, different looks, and some things that look great on paper look don't quite work on screen. Thor's helmet, Wolverine's headpiece thing, ect.

Hell, at this point you are lucky that Captain America still has a helmet considering they find a reason for him to take it off in every fight scene he is in.

As other have said, it give her a more superhero look and bridges the comics to the movies. I think they can come up with something that is practical, and still pays homage to the comics. This guy seems to be on the right track.

swhp.jpg

As other have said, it give her a more superhero look and bridges the comics to the movies. I think they can ome up with something that is practical, and still pays homage to the comics. This guy seem to be on the right track.

View attachment 184673

:exactly: those concepts are pretty good

As other have said, it give her a more superhero look and bridges the comics to the movies. I think they can come up with something that is practical, and still pays homage to the comics. This guy seems to be on the right track.

View attachment 184673

No.4 :love

I wonder if some clever so-and-so will be able to create some of those for the forth coming SW figure. I'd personally love the movie version to take 1 or 4, but retro-fitting a /custom/ one to a HT figure would also be kool I think.

it would be cool if the somehow made those into the film, like saying Hydra made that to enhance her telepathic powers or sth.

...Or simply a OTT Shield headband just to keep her hair out of her face whiles she's doing her thing! :monkey3

But yeah, it would be a real shame to loose that part of the Scarlet Witch look in the MCU. They obviously wanted to ditch the PVC look which is fine, but I do hope someone in the CW meetings stood up for the head gear lol

I really like the final design he came up with! I wouldn't be surprised to see something since a few of the concept art for AOU did feature her head gear.

Back