1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 301 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch Figure (full pics/specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Creppy...hate when I see people trying to turn there toys into fantast objects.

"Sad" is more the word I'd use to describe it. Whatever works for them though I suppose.

How do you know that was their motivation? You don't. They may have done that because it looks good and they like it. It doesn't mean that they are a pervert or creepy or sad.

I don't really judge people who do that. I think it's just a custom that someone put together. It looks slimmer and taller and better(depending on opinion) than the original. Things that could be considered(based on popular subjective opinions) more attractive. I don't think its about creating a fantasy object out of a collectible figure but rather creating a more visually appealing figure, not that the original is not visually appealing, but again its all about preference.

Of course there is the distinct possibility that I'm spouting nonsense :lol

I don't really judge people who do that. I think it's just a custom that someone put together. It looks slimmer and taller and better(depending on opinion) than the original. Things that could be considered(based on popular subjective opinions) more attractive. I don't think its about creating a fantasy object out of a collectible figure but rather creating a more visually appealing figure, not that the original is not visually appealing, but again its all about preference.

Of course there is the distinct possibility that I'm spouting nonsense :lol

You aren't spouting nonsense, seems to me you are just telling it like it is.

Nah, I think the creepiest is the person with the youtube video exposing all the Black Widow cleavages, and acting all stalkerish about it. That's just weird. Having a single Black Widow feels much more 'doll collecting' like than say collecting Iron Man figures at the best of times. I certainly never look at my female Hot Toys in any form of sex object way, :lol

Nah, I think the creepiest is the person with the youtube video exposing all the Black Widow cleavages, and acting all stalkerish about it. That's just weird. Having a single Black Widow feels much more 'doll collecting' like than say collecting Iron Man figures at the best of times. I certainly never look at my female Hot Toys in any form of sex object way, :lol

:exactly:

Even if that's not your motivation, imagine explaining that when you company over. "Check out my Black Widow figure with the zipper all the way down exposing her rubber (or) plastic breasts. Don't you think it looks more aesthetically pleasing this way?"

I'm sure they won't think anything of it and form no judgment at all. I like to think that when it comes to judgments (which are human nature because they can either be positive or negative but people only seem to call it "judging" when it has negative connotations) actions generally speak louder than words. People generally get judged based on how they choose to present themselves to others. For instance, if you don't want someone to perceive you as a pervert, then it's probably a good idea not to act like one.

Judgments are never final conclusions because you don't know the whole story, but they are perceptions and opinions that we immediately form based on the information that is available to us at that moment.

This is just my opinion though predicated on my experiences. :)

Let's be honest. People (our friends, colleagues, family) all think we are geeks at the best of times, and :bat:dump: crazy at the worst for our hobby... Perve dollies don't help our reputation, :lol

guys, please chill.... I am the collector who did the changes. I'm not a creepy/sad person... All I want is just want it looks better(as the way I thought). The original cloth is not elegant enough, also the body(especially the leg has visible joints) is not perfect. It's true this modification is not film-like. But I want to make it more sexy and not looks like a toy. Every collector can use their imagination do things that make their collection better. I did this modification and my mom(who never saw the film) came over and started taking pictures.

I doubt for those people who think this is sad/creepy maybe you are thinking something else inside your mind....

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Also I don't need a toy to be my fantast object. I need a toy looks better than a toy. This is my goal of collecting. Or say: I'm not only a collector. I'm a filmmaker and I know how to make a character looks better. I'm really surprised that someone said this is sad and creep... But thanks for those people who support my post.

e2bcc5fccf53640fa9a274ebf7b2a790.jpg
cheers

:goodpost:

In the end all that matters is you do what you want, it's your collection.

And I don't care what people say but I love what you did with SW, looks amazing and I'm considering doing something similar :lol

I wasn't referring specifically to the poster with the SW figure; I didn't even see the picture. I was referring to those who for instance take Black Widow's zipper and zip it all the way down to obviously reveal her plastic and/or rubber breasts. For example, the guy that made the review video for AoU BW that zipped her suit down and said something to the effect of "you can get right down to business".

I personally don't see an issue exposing cleavage with female figures if it's film accurate to the character. The only ones whose minds will go in the gutter are the ones such as in the aforementioned example.

However, I mostly don't see an issue because it's not my collection. Whatever looks good to you, do it.

Honestly the first thing that hit me about the SW custom was how inappropriate those heels are for fighting crime :lol

Back