Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I think judging by this release people care about the single figure, just not the set. What message this sends to Hot Toys is anyone's guess. If they had simply dropped the tux/body and gave us the headsculpt that JC Hong had in a single release, I think this would be selling gangbusters as a whole.

I'd imagine the ebay sellers have sold quite a bit if completed listings is to be believed. Once they hit the states? I think the regular Batman has a good chance of selling out in months time like the DX 09.

There certainly seems to be more pics on message boards and reviews of this at this stage than say Arkham City Batman, and the U.S. collectors and reviewers don't even have it.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Oh, mine too.

But the hopes of seeing more and more classic figures being made (what got me into HT to begin with - and I think many here share the same sentiment) as slim as they can be, and it will just get worse.

I guess we can consider ourselves lucky, really. We got some amazing releases that I could only dream about as a kid:

DX13
Robo and a Bd Robo with the finest HS that HT has ever made, now, that's a wet dream right there.
A 1/6 1989 Batmobile... are you ****ing kidding me?
Nicholson Joker
Keaton Bats, 2 of them.

That right there is a fine list that targets all my wants that I had as a kid. There might be more that other collectors relate to (BTTF, etc) but personally, I'm lucky to have (had, had to get rid of 1989 Batmobile - Will get it again when I buy a bigger house, a condo is just not the place for it)

And that's it. Figures of films I absolutely adored as a kid, that hopefully my newborn boy (he turned one month old yesterday!) will enjoy one day.

Nowadays? Those figures would've never seen the light of day, I can assure you of that.

I think judging by this release people care about the single figure, just not the set. What message this sends to Hot Toys is anyone's guess. If they had simply dropped the tux/body and gave us the headsculpt that JC Hong had in a single release, I think this would be selling gangbusters as a whole.

I'd imagine the ebay sellers have sold quite a bit if completed listings is to be believed. Once they hit the states? I think the regular Batman has a good chance of selling out in months time like the DX 09.

There certainly seems to be more pics on message boards and reviews of this at this stage than say Arkham City Batman, and the U.S. collectors and reviewers don't even have it.

But even then, He's got the single for $311. I'm sure you could make him selling you the 2 pack outside of ebay making the savings more significant, and only adding $40 to get the set. people simply don't give a damn.

TBH, I haven't seen many posts (here or FB) about this figure (single or otherwise) as compared to the 1,000's of storm troopers that come out daily.

Oh well, it is what it is.

I haven't seen many posts (here or FB) about this figure (single or otherwise) as compared to the 1,000's of storm troopers that come out daily.

Yeah, that's actually true. I have notcied that. :lol

I have to disagree with you guys. I think there is no following in HK on the Keaton Batman franchise. Alone . Are we forgetting for years how much HT crammed Nolan's batman franchise down the collectors throats, enough to make me want to destroy my computer. :lecture

I think Budget Stark said it best that Marvel Films has a huge interest in HK and Asia as well as SW. In fact IM is still hugely popular in HK, which is why HT will never stop producing IM figures.

Oh, mine too.

But the hopes of seeing more and more classic figures being made (what got me into HT to begin with - and I think many here share the same sentiment) as slim as they can be, and it will just get worse.

I guess we can consider ourselves lucky, really. We got some amazing releases that I could only dream about as a kid:

DX13
Robo and a Bd Robo with the finest HS that HT has ever made, now, that's a wet dream right there.
Nicholson Joker
Keaton Bats, 2 of them.

That right there is a fine list that targets all my wants that I had as a kid. There might be more that other collectors relate to (BTTF, etc) but personally, I'm lucky to have (had, had to get rid of 1989 Batmobile - Will get it again when I buy a bigger house, a condo is just not the place for it)

And that's it. Figures of films I absolutely adored as a kid, that hopefully my newborn boy (he turned one month old yesterday!) will enjoy one day.

Nowadays? Those figures would've never seen the light of day, I can assure you of that.

100% agree with this,
I stumbled upon hot toys back in 2008 looking for a decent batman begins because I loved that batman costume, Iv loved batman since I. Can remember.
Got hooked after too but I only kept my childhood classics:
Dutch predator
Classic predator
Batman returns
89 batmobile
Dx13
Then
Man of steel
Tumbler
89 batmobile

I'm happy with my collection & Iv sold the many I bought on impulse and kept the ones I love.
Congrats on your baby too man, that's when you see what's important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to disagree with you guys. I think there is no following in HK on the Keaton Batman franchise. Alone . Are we forgetting for years how much HT crammed Nolan's batman franchise down the collectors throats, enough to make me want to destroy my computer. :lecture

I think Budget Stark said it best that Marvel Films has a huge interest in HK and Asia as well as SW. In fact IM is still hugely popular in HK, which is why HT will never stop producing IM figures.

Nobody even said that, there's nothing to disagree with. :lol

And Budget Stark said that there's not an interest for Star Wars over in Hong Kong. He said something like there were more Returns Batman order than Kylo Ren because the interest was about the same. Did you see how poorly Force Awakens was received over in China?

Marvel? Maybe. Iron Man, definitely.

Argh you're tortouring me with those fantastic MEI cape shots Chief :impatient: :lol hopefully mine will get here in a couple days looks like Tony already shipped it out

thanks guyver1!.Cant wait to see you post yours when you recieve it.:hi5:

thanks guyver1!.Cant wait to see you post yours when you recieve it.:hi5:

Well I got my magnets the other day so thanks for sharing the tips :hi5:

If I come up with any other tips that would help be on the lookout because I'll definitely let everyone know

I cancelled mine today 😲
Decided to focus on OT Star Wars figures instead for now, they are selling out fast.

I will definitely buy this later on.

Oh, mine too.

DX13
Nicholson Joker
Keaton Bats, 2 of them.

I am lucky, I got my favorite versions of batman right there. 89 and 92. Along with the batmobile. What more can one ask for except a 2.0 or 1989 and a batmobile but that's far fetched.

I would love to look over the shelf and see batman forever and batman and robin versions but who knows. Ht is random so you never knows what they might throw at us. I got both versions of this release simply because I can see people doing civilian clothes Bruce Wayne mods, And I understand they are two different releases.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Been looking forward to this set for what seems like forever....
A couple of weeks back I get told it'll be in that week, then it was the next week. Last night I get a text saying it's here and can be picked up in the morning... Well, it wasn't there, and will now arrive tomorrow ... The saying 'tomorrow never comes' has never been truer recently ;-)

Yep, that would piss my off enough to punch a wall.

Oh no, my figure has a shorter left leg!!! Is it a defect?

4ab69b5fc04ef7caae059d6aa594f53c.jpg

Nice pic!

4f28d4cf0927f277e5c1420bc889743f.jpg
9bcc14903f52a9a9c5042367b1b78dd5.jpg

Stock cape on both, after having this for a good while now,the capes are draping better on the 2 figures they've been on&more futz able.
The one with the batmobile was just perfect out the box though? It hangs great.
I sold one to fund my tony meis cape & it has been posted so looking forward to putting that on my third.
All in all though these capes have impressed me more & more stock & are certainly way better than the dx 09.
I think they look good though & I'm not the most patient futzer, what you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Returns PO at BBTS and debating I should cancel it since I already have the 89 batman. They look so similar.

Can you show us in a pic, I might be able to help

Hey, basically the leg is about 5mm or so shorter. I can take a photo later tonight (I'm in Asia)

Back