Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I have the Returns PO at BBTS and debating I should cancel it since I already have the 89 batman. They look so similar.

:lol uh no they are not

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

4f28d4cf0927f277e5c1420bc889743f.jpg
9bcc14903f52a9a9c5042367b1b78dd5.jpg

Stock cape on both, after having this for a good while now,the capes are draping better on the 2 figures they've been on&more futz able.
The one with the batmobile was just perfect out the box though? It hangs great.
I sold one to fund my tony meis cape & it has been posted so looking forward to putting that on my third.
All in all though these capes have impressed me more & more stock & are certainly way better than the dx 09.
I think they look good though & I'm not the most patient futzer, what you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there... looking at the 2nd pic, does your figure have a shorter left leg?

Hi
No I posed mine with one leg further forward than the other, Iv got 3 of these and all the legs are fine.
Have you tried pushing the boot further in, maybe the ball joint on your ankle isn't fully home?

Hi
No I posed mine with one leg further forward than the other, Iv got 3 of these and all the legs are fine.
Have you tried pushing the boot further in, maybe the ball joint on your ankle isn't fully home?

Front and back shot (left leg)
24724954406_0134477fa0_b.jpg

That looks bad. Maybe the knee of his right leg isn't pushed all the way up. But if not I'd consider looking for replacement.

Speaking of, my replacement body is now on the way. (as mine arrived with a broken arm)

I have the Returns PO at BBTS and debating I should cancel it since I already have the 89 batman. They look so similar.

:lol uh no they are not

I know what he means. We know there are differences on close examination but standing back from the shelf they will look like the same figure. For some people it really will be either/or with the '89 and Returns figures.

View attachment 242215

I've seen this before. Try bending the leg up if there is no sound that means the leg is detached from the thigh socket.

I know it sounds strange, but you have to touch around the leg thigh joint, if it feels loose then you have to try and push it into the leg socket until you hear the pop sound. :lecture

There's nothing wrong with the leg, you just have to push the leg joint into the knee socket

View attachment 242215

Yeah man, that does look bad. Hopefully it's is just the leg is loose tho. All 3 of mine don't there legs are perfect aligned.
I had two of mine come with the loose gauntlet fin problem but that was an easy fix only the 3rd came with no problems, the cape was a lot less creased straight out of the box that the other 2 on that 1 as well

I know what he means. We know there are differences on close examination but standing back from the shelf they will look like the same figure. For some people it really will be either/or with the '89 and Returns figures.

Even though I know of how different the suits actually are, I couldn't help but feel I had two of the same figure on my shelf when I stepped back. It felt like such a waste of money.

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Even though I know of how different the suits actually are, I couldn't help but feel I had two of the same figure on my shelf when I stepped back. It felt like such a waste of money.

That makes sense, and it's your personal preference, so I'd say stick with DX09 (my preference).
As for owning more than one figure of the same character goes, I am guilty as charged ($ Pun intended). I have both Nicholson Jokers. Also DX 09 and getting this BR figure too. Also, I just ordered HT Darth Vader even though I own SS Darth Vader deluxe... I have X3 Wolverine and Wolverine from his solo movie... Golden Age Captain America, Stealth suit Captain America, and Steve Rogers from CA2: Winter Soldier... I have Iron Man MKVII from Avengers and Stealth version of that same figure... Clearly, I find it difficult to choose one version of each character.

Thanks to Batman v Superman I'll have 6 Batmans and one Bruce Wayne in my collection soon enough and if Hot Toys makes a new Begins suit or Forever figure I'll get those as well. I'd also be interested in the complete armoury set if I could get it cheap enough.

Obviously I've bought multiples of the actual same figure, DX10, DX13, MMS238, the T-1000 and so on. Nevertheless I did find it a tougher decision whether or not to buy Returns Batman when I already had an ''at a glance'' identical Batman in the DX09. My superhero collection is very limited and I wasn't sure if I wanted to double-up on one character due to it possibly making things look uneven - afterall I only have one Superman, one Spiderman and one Hulk.

But then again I have the 2 Nicholson Jokers and this kinda/sorta created an opening for 2 Keaton Batmans. Add in the fact that it actually does have those differences and a really cool looking cowl....

Last edited:

Hi

So after seeing your post and the pics from creasy above. I noticed my figure naturally falls into a similar stance as Creasy's with one leg slight out. It doesn't look like there is a problem with it. But i pulled the boots off to check. yup, one leg is longer than the other. I pushed it up with force and its ok, but not perfect. I reckon Creasy's is the same judging by that pic. It's not a biggy but sloppy from HT.

Ordered mine today before seeing these recent posts. So now I can expect him to have Joe Theisman leg. Great.

I can honestly say, all three-that's three of my batman returns have the same leg heights.
Bare in mind I took crappy iPhone photos of one too.
But the last one I posted I have him stepping forward. Check out my photo of my three lined up.
This is really not an issue-unless you are incredibly unlucky

d0d5317dad3b36066781d58e524dfa3d.jpg

No short left legs here

d0d5317dad3b36066781d58e524dfa3d.jpg

No short left legs here

:exactly: everyone is getting paranoid over nothing. Why isn't anyone checking my suggestion that the leg peg might be loose from the knee joint and try to pop it into place :lecture

Jeez It was a joke. I've actually enjoyed your pics. :slap

I'm not paranoid. I'm looking forward to this one. Why should I care? If there's an issue SS will replace it. Hell he didn't cost me a dime anyway. Got him with a gift card.

Jeez It was a joke. I've actually enjoyed your pics. :slap

I'm not paranoid. I'm looking forward to this one. Why should I care? If there's an issue SS will replace it. Hell he didn't cost me a dime anyway. Got him with a gift card.

:lol it's cool I didn't take it personal, I never do. :wave

I just can't believe people that find something wrong overreact and think that HT is automatically screwing with us. Lots of things could happen in shipping, especially with a moron from UPS throwing boxes around like an ape. Sometimes that effects packaging and looseness. Overseas is worse guys, because customs actually takes out the packages and inspects the product because they have to look out for bombs or any strangeness. It's not their fault, it's their job.

Point is that HT is not like Hasbro who doesn't give a f### about what fans want, they try to improve. These figures are still designed in the highest regard.

In this batman case, I'm betting if you guys take the time and try to fix the leg yourself like I suggested odds are that's the problems

Back