Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I just opened up my second single figure version and both the gauntlets had the large fins off lying loose in the box.
I know the dx 09 ones were fragile but these are worse, the grooves the fins fit in simply aren't deep enough. No where near as deep as the 89 batmans.
Been futzing with the cape for ages now too and still can't get it to look good enough. It's too rigid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I just opened up my second single figure version and both the gauntlets had the large fins off lying loose in the box.
I know the dx 09 ones were fragile but these are worse, the grooves the fins fit in simply aren't deep enough. No where near as deep as the 89 batmans.
Been futzing with the cape for ages now too and still can't get it to look good enough. It's too rigid.

Yeah my large spike was off too.but with that loctite glue works miracles.its solid now.hot toys be using some cheap glue
4258a9d5153aeba74157007dbfb9d9c7.jpg
08491be2bc0e770ab5f08f81638dcc9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yeah my large spike was off too.but with that loctite glue works miracles.its solid now.hot toys be using some cheap glue
4258a9d5153aeba74157007dbfb9d9c7.jpg
08491be2bc0e770ab5f08f81638dcc9c.jpg

Cheers mate just ordered some from Amazon, i was looking for one that wouldn't damage the suit just there [emoji106]

Your welcome buddy.just squeeze gently Cuz the glue comes out kinda quickly.

Man, my #1 and #2 wishes for HT figures are a Pfeiffer CW and DeVito Penguin. I know there are too many Marvel and Star Wars figs to do, so it will realistically never happen. But a man can dream.

Hey guys and gyals just finished my latest review of this beautiful Batman Returns set by Hot Toys. Many thanks to my friend Aaron Lin for sending over this beauty from the Mother Land :).. Enjoy and be merry
https://youtu.be/3pfQxJ-zoUg

Great review. That Keaton Wayne sculpt is such a disappointment.

After 15 plus minutes of futzing with cape last night to get it to drape and hold just right.it all comes undone.That is why I am greatful to have people like Tony Mei in our community creating great quality customs.sometines you got to pay to play folks.
c4cf0705efa0367f51747d5fdb3c7a66.jpg

Oh man,, I sold it.. :(

:lol

It's fine, I know somebody will post a video about it.

It actually amazes me that so many, including those that post videos have just got the Batman figure and not the set. I thought I was one of the rare few that opted for this :horror

After 15 plus minutes of futzing with cape last night to get it to drape and hold just right.it all comes undone.That is why I am greatful to have people like Tony Mei in our community creating great quality customs.sometines you got to pay to play folks.
c4cf0705efa0367f51747d5fdb3c7a66.jpg

Yeah I feel the same. I actually love the stock cape but it annoys me that no matter what I try, the front corners, the parts next to the insignia keep riding and sticking up, I know you can take the wires out, but I like the wires, it adds something to the cape :gah:

The 89 cape is such a mess comparing the two now in hand and I love the finish on the BR version cape but it won't stay flush.

It's torture to wait for Tony's cape and I know it will be worth it, but I want it badly now.
:slap
Damn you HT and at the same time..bless you Tony

Man, my #1 and #2 wishes for HT figures are a Pfeiffer CW and DeVito Penguin. I know there are too many Marvel and Star Wars figs to do, so it will realistically never happen. But a man can dream.

The solution is to bother hot toys. I plan on pming them every day, maybe even writing to them with letters, constantly, telling them they should make a Pheiffer CW and give my reasons why. I will also guilt shame them for not doing it already.

The solution is to bother hot toys. I plan on pming them every day, maybe even writing to them with letters, constantly, telling them they should make a Pheiffer CW and give my reasons why. I will also guilt shame them for not doing it already.

They'll just block you or reply with a fake answer like, "Stay tuned!" to shut you up.

Just for fun :wink1:

the odd thing about it, is Keaton probably did this on set with Burton :lol

some simple mod to lower the belt a bit (personal preference)

*Also heated the ankle to allow the ankle to stand better (raining 50 degree southern California, the figure arrived home solid like a rock)

Last edited:
Back