Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Maybe ours are different. Mine 89 boots are very supple and I can make tiny adjustments. The material is rather soft but my figure is very old. Got it the day it was released.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

My DX 09 figures have ankle articulation in the boot, quite a bit actually. You can rock them forward/back and side to side on the ball joint and it holds the poses. They're no different than the Hot Toys Reeve Superman with those same pliable boots.

Does the Returns figure not have this? I hope it's not like the ACI Aragorn boot.

My DX 09 figures have ankle articulation in the boot, quite a bit actually. You can rock them forward/back and side to side on the ball joint and it holds the poses. They're no different than the Hot Toys Reeve Superman with those same pliable boots.

Does the Returns figure not have this? I hope it's not like the ACI Aragorn boot.

Funny you should say that... I have ACI Aragorn here too....

You won't like it.

Nope unfortunately if you are looking for this feature , then you should pass on the figure

Dammit now I'm back to waffling.

*waffle* *waffle* *waffle*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit now I'm back to waffling.

*waffle* *waffle* *waffle*

Between the DX 09 and this Returns?

I'd say get both, experience the two of them side by side, then keep the one you prefer and sell the one you don't. Right now by the looks of it without owning the Returns.

DX 09

+ more flexible
+ better weapons/accessories
+ better boots
+ better sculpted mouth faces (in my opinion)

- breakable PERS eyes
- no ratchet joints
- weak looking base

Returns

+ individual eye movement
+ sharper/sleeker looking cowl/suit
+ better cape
+ great, classy looking base
+ ratchet joints

- solid boots
- rigid legs
- goofy mouth choices

They seem to be about on par with each other, just depends on which design and aesthetics someone prefers.

Last edited:

^I may just wind up doing that.

Funny thing is, I'd likely only pose Bats in a looming, museum pose anyway, but as an avowed Action Figure Nerd as opposed to Statue Nerd, something about frozen ankles just bugs me. Neutral stance does look good in the pics above, though.

^I may just wind up doing that.

Funny thing is, I'd likely only pose Bats in a looming, museum pose anyway, but as an avowed Action Figure Nerd as opposed to Statue Nerd, something about frozen ankles just bugs me. Neutral stance does look good in the pics above, though.

You can always try what I did..holds well

Between the DX 09 and this Returns?

I'd say get both, experience the two of them side by side, then keep the one you prefer and sell the one you don't. Right now by the looks of it without owning the Returns.

DX 09

+ more flexible
+ better weapons/accessories
+ better boots
+ better sculpted mouth faces (in my opinion)

- breakable PERS eyes
- no ratchet joints
- weak looking base

Returns

+ individual eye movement
+ sharper/sleeker looking cowl/suit
+ better cape
+ great, classy looking base
+ ratchet joints

- solid boots
- rigid legs
- goofy mouth choices

They seem to be about on par with each other, just depends on which design and aesthetics someone prefers.

You forgot the rubber in BR suit, extremely flexible, I don't know if it's the ratcheted joints but it moves with rubber armor fluently

other than his eyeballs, and arms, he is pretty much a nice looking statue. (not like he did much from the movie to begin with) very happy with him :)

other than his eyeballs, and arms, he is pretty much a nice looking statue. (not like he did much from the movie to begin with) very happy with him :)

You should try making a custom Batman 1989 and Batman Returns suit so it could be more poseable like in the movie. I bet you two could make a nice undersuit with the armor pieces laid overtop after seeing your Stormtrooper.

tony mei.jpg

1.jpg
segmented plates.jpg
plate.jpg
3.jpg
Batman.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:

I agree, regrettably, wow Tony good to know I can get the arm that high, tried it, was so stiff, but now that I saw you did it, think I'll it again..any tips how you got it that high

You should try making a custom Batman 1989 and Batman Returns suit so it could be more poseable like in the movie. I bet you two could make a nice undersuit with the armor pieces laid overtop after seeing your Stormtrooper.

View attachment 234866

Wow I don't even have the HT FO trooper, but man that's a great mod

I don't get why Hot Toys doesn't want to make their action figures as poseable as can be on figures that have hidden joints under their costumes. Those FO troopers with the rubber, Robocop like joints was just a bad idea.

There's no reason for a figure like Stealth Suit Captain America, or Batman or a Stormtrooper to be so unposeable, and this is coming from someone that isn't even an articulation nut (I prefer museum poses myself).

I don't get why Hot Toys doesn't want to make their action figures as poseable as can be on figures that have hidden joints under their costumes. Those FO troopers with the rubber, Robocop like joints was just a bad idea.

There's no reason for a figure like Stealth Suit Captain America, or Batman or a Stormtrooper to be so unposeable, and this is coming from someone that isn't even an articulation nut (I prefer museum poses myself).

Especially for the jacked up prices they want for these. I hear you loud and clear. Believe me it was a huge toss up at this time to pick the BR or Kylo Ren and really wanted this but I was hesitant because of the articulation was so much better on Ren, but after seeing TFA, his character as a whole became less critical to collect so I opted with BR. Even if he could move like DX09 at least in the legs ( which is not a tremendous feat on the DX09 either) but still posable I would've done back flips

Ugh that's the only thing missing on the BR because the DX09 cape is hideous compared to this BR cape :thud:

I really don't think it differs much from what Keaton was actually able to do inside that suit TBH. Yeah, those karate kicks look cool, but we all know that a different suit (or pars of it) were probably used to achieve that.

Bale's TDK was a different story, and even the great QS001 feels like a bit of a tank sometimes. But yeah, a BIT of articulation would be nice.

View attachment 234866

View attachment 234868

That's a good idea. That's only reason why I could see myself buying one of those horrible ducktroopers :lol

Back