Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Great pics guys. Has SS sent warehouse notices? Got a gift card for Xmas that I'm ready to use.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Photos by 戚浩文

12509528_554847184684306_4961198414114757897_n.jpg

1098184_554847218017636_4779299858632817045_n.jpg

12512613_554847248017633_6295763750435390788_n.jpg

Great pics hologram

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I wonder if HT’s will use this figure and sales as a gauge to move forward with Penguin. The other side of the coin is collectors need incentive (reveal Penguin) to increase preorders and purchases for Batman. Can anyone say “Tonto”!! I’m sure there would have been much more sales of this figure if LR was also released.

Bottom Line: Returns Batman needs a companion piece villain. DX09 had one!!

I wonder if HT’s will use this figure and sales as a gauge to move forward with Penguin. The other side of the coin is collectors need incentive (reveal Penguin) to increase preorders and purchases for Batman. Can anyone say “Tonto”!! I’m sure there would have been much more sales of this figure if LR was also released.

Bottom Line: Returns Batman needs a companion piece villain. DX09 had one!!

I'm not sure, but HT had a prototype for Arkham City Joker to alongside AC Bats that has yet to see the light of day, and at this point, probably never will.

Maybe if this Returns Bats does well, HT will look at that for a possible CW/Penguin release, but with all the Star Wars and Marvel figs to do, I'm not hopeful. Penguin alone would need a custom body with a fat suit, for one thing. I'm certainly no expert, but recreating CW's "rag doll" stitching on the costume seems it could be complicated if they did it right.

As I said yesterday, I sure as hell hope they do them, but HT's priorities seem to be with what's gonna generate them sure money. We're probably lucky we're even getting this Bats. That said, I can't wait to get him.

How many “nostalgic” figures (80’s/90’s) does HT have in their preorder list (not including Star Wars). Are they any right now? If anyone knows.

I'm not sure, but HT had a prototype for Arkham City Joker to alongside AC Bats that has yet to see the light of day, and at this point, probably never will.

Maybe if this Returns Bats does well, HT will look at that for a possible CW/Penguin release, but with all the Star Wars and Marvel figs to do, I'm not hopeful. Penguin alone would need a custom body with a fat suit, for one thing. I'm certainly no expert, but recreating CW's "rag doll" stitching on the costume seems it could be complicated if they did it right.

As I said yesterday, I sure as hell hope they do them, but HT's priorities seem to be with what's gonna generate the big money. We're probably lucky we're even getting this Bats. That said, I can't wait to get him.

Yeah if anything I see NECA jumping on a BR Batman and CW in both 1/4 and 7" before HT will tackle a CW and Penguin. :lecture

How many “nostalgic” figures (80’s/90’s) does HT have in their preorder list (not including Star Wars). Are they any right now? If anyone knows.

Not much, don't know what happened to the ALIENS line and I can only think BTTF2 Marty with hover board is the only nostalgic movie era figure that was actually featured in a recent convention.

Pretty much this year will be SW OT and TFA, rest of AOU, CW, Antman and B vs S

Forget HT will focus on Deadpool as well

Not much, don't know what happened to the ALIENS line and I can only think BTTF2 Marty with hover board is the only nostalgic movie era figure that was actually featured in a recent convention.

Pretty much this year will be SW OT and TFA, rest of AOU, CW, Antman and B vs S

Forget HT will focus on Deadpool as well

Pretty much the reason my collecting comes to a STOP after Batman. Its actually a good thing considering that Sandtrooper and Batman alone will cost me $700 CAN. That’s a ****load of money folks for two figures.

Pretty much the reason my collecting comes to a STOP after Batman. Its actually a good thing considering that Sandtrooper and Batman alone will cost me $700 CAN. That’s a ****load of money folks for two figures.

I'm going to be extremely selective in my choices of HT this year. After BTTF2 Marty, maybe a few SW OT here and there, just CW Cap and witch and BW, and then really have to budget if I decide to collect B vs S, which I know I probably will :gah:

But for the majority, I have a huge amount of Figuarts pre ordered, that alone is in the hundreds in costs

As I said yesterday, I sure as hell hope they do them, but HT's priorities seem to be with what's gonna generate them sure money. We're probably lucky we're even getting this Bats. That said, I can't wait to get him.

If this figure sells well, I can see HT making one of the villains, but I can also see why they might not make any other character. They might not sell. It's an old movie with a small fanbase willing to spend money on those characters. It's not Marvel...those fans buy everything, even when the product is just a repaint, and the same goes for Star Wars fanboys, they'll buy the same storm trooper figure 10 times if it comes with a different color shoulder pad :lol Then, there are the Burton Batman fans, which aren't as loyal or as dedicated to the franchise. The last Joker figure bombed, so that's probably the main reason the Returns line and villains were put on hold. If The Joker, the most popular character doesn't sell, then can the less popular villains from the less popular film really be a good business move? Maybe not, from their point of view. I'm sure the failure of the 60's Batman line also affected the Returns line.

Are they also re-releasing the 89 Batmobile with a Returns logo on the box? Because that's an indication of whether they're taking this line seriously or if it's just a one figure deal. If they are serious about the Returns line, it would seem logical to release the car again for those who didn't buy the original 3 years ago. Then again, if they feel that there aren't that many new customers interested in the Burton Batman, and they think that the majority of the people buying the new BR figure are the same fans who bought the previous 89 collectibles, then maybe they know that there's little room for profit, so no car, no villains, just Batman.

Marty McFly, Damaged Robocop and Alex Murphy were the only Hot Toys figures I got last year. I reckon this Batman Returns Batman will be it for 2016 and my last Hot Toys purchase definitively. It's time to retire.

I've got a lot of good stuff from them, I'm happy. Would have liked a Kyle Reese or a Returns Catwoman or an Endoskeleton or a Doc Brown or a 1/4 Police Shootout or a Ra's Al Ghul, or a 1/4 Keaton or some Colonial Marines like Hicks or Hudson or some more Nicholson Joker figures but oh well. I understand that they're not interested in vintage licensed stuff anymore, can't blame them when the Disney stuff is where the money is at.

tumblr_mq49lsK5bK1rrkahjo6_400.gif

Last edited:

Marty McFly, Damaged Robocop and Alex Murphy were the only Hot Toys figures I got last year. I reckon this Batman Returns Batman will be it for 2016 and my last Hot Toys purchase definitively. It's time to retire.

I've got a lot of good stuff from them, I'm happy. Would have liked a Kyle Reese or a Returns Catwoman or an Endoskeleton or a Doc Brown or a 1/4 Police Shootout or a 1/4 Keaton or some Colonial Marines like Hicks or Hudson or some more Nicholson Joker figures but oh well. I understand that they're not interested in vintage licensed stuff anymore, can't blame them when the Disney stuff is where the money is at.

Yeah, I don't blame them, nor should anyone. It's not so much that they are not interested, it's the fans are the one who aren't interested in buying the vintage stuff, perhaps because a lot of the older fans familiar with those licenses aren't even into collecting dolls, hence why the 60's Batman stuff didn't sell. HT is a company that probably doesn't care about where the money comes from, as long as they make a profit, and if the vintage stuff was very successful, they would be milking it too, but if the fans of those old properties don't buy the stuff, you can't blame the company for wanting to focus on the current popular films that do sell merchandise.

My most wanted figures from HT would be a new Rambo and a Beetlejuice figure, but are those figures really going to sell? Probably not.

Yeah, I don't blame them, nor should anyone. It's not so much that they are not interested, it's the fans are the one who aren't interested in buying the vintage stuff, perhaps because a lot of the older fans familiar with those licenses aren't even into collecting dolls, hence why the 60's Batman stuff didn't sell. HT is a company that probably doesn't care about where the money comes from, as long as they make a profit, and if the vintage stuff was very successful, they would be milking it too, but if the fans of those old properties don't buy the stuff, you can't blame the company for wanting to focus on the current popular films that do sell merchandise.

My most wanted figures from HT would be a new Rambo and a Beetlejuice figure, but are those figures really going to sell? Probably not.

Yeah. I can't believe the situation with the Terminator/Robocop/Aliens stuff. That was like their bread and butter for a while, now it's just like nothing. Not even things like anniversaries or recent movies from the franchise can pump life back into them. I'd buy a Beetlejuice, but those movie icon characters they did like those cool Don Corleone/Barnes/Taylor surprises are a thing of the past. I guess I could see them doing Beetlejuice if/when the sequel hits or something, they did Commando John Matrix out of nowhere.

I know the DX 14 Mime Joker was a bomb, but I do think the DX 09 Batman and original DX 08 Joker were a success when you take into account their crazy high price points back in 2012, especially Batman. That figure never lingered and everyone seemed to have one. I'm assuming it's success is what led to this Returns one or else why even bother? I think Penguin would always be a tough sell (even though they were supposedly working on him and had him slated for 2012), but I don't see how a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman wouldn't be a great seller. That's one of those icons that seems like it would be a sure thing to not only collectors, but non-collectors as well. I bet anything it would sell more units than Black Widow (who has so many variations to her name that all appear to be sitting around), Scarlett Witch and ****ing Pepper Potts. :lol

A lot of people seem to be getting this Returns Batman, the single anyway. It hasn't even been released in the U.S. yet and the demand seems to be pretty high when you look at ebay. If that's any indication, I could see this figure being an accomplishment with retailers and distributors in the states (Sideshow/BBTS), especially when you're looking at roughly $200 with a monthly coupon.

Even if it does well though, I think it's safe to say Batman Returns as a line is dead and buried. I see it like this, we were lucky enough to even get Batman and the '89 Batmobile with Returns features/gadgets and that is better than nothing.

There are six characters I'm interested in; and another six that haven't actually been made that I'd be into, and that should do it.

Taking into account replacements/upgrades and so on, given that my taste is largely nostalgia based and specialized, I think my 1:6 collection will hover around 10 to 15 pieces at any given time. More than enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its definitely a love hate relationship I have with Hot Toys. Love them for all the amazing figs they have made, Terminator - Robocop - Batman. Hate them for not making figs I really want, like the rest of the Platoon, Predator, Alien figs. No Doc!!! :gah:
Oh and they have eaten into a sizeable piece of my life savings.

Yeah. I can't believe the situation with the Terminator/Robocop/Aliens stuff. That was like their bread and butter for a while, now it's just like nothing. Not even things like anniversaries or recent movies from the franchise can pump life back into them. I'd buy a Beetlejuice, but those movie icon characters they did like those cool Don Corleone/Barnes/Taylor surprises are a thing of the past. I guess I could see them doing Beetlejuice if/when the sequel hits or something, they did Commando John Matrix out of nowhere.

I know the DX 14 Mime Joker was a bomb, but I do think the DX 09 Batman and original DX 08 Joker were a success when you take into account their crazy high price points back in 2012, especially Batman. That figure never lingered and everyone seemed to have one. I'm assuming it's success is what led to this Returns one or else why even bother? I think Penguin would always be a tough sell (even though they were supposedly working on him and had him slated for 2012), but I don't see how a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman wouldn't be a great seller. That's one of those icons that seems like it would be a sure thing to not only collectors, but non-collectors as well. I bet anything it would sell more units than Black Widow (who has so many variations to her name that all appear to be sitting around), Scarlett Witch and ****ing Pepper Potts. :lol

A lot of people seem to be getting this Returns Batman, the single anyway. It hasn't even been released in the U.S. yet and the demand seems to be pretty high when you look at ebay. If that's any indication, I could see this figure being an accomplishment with retailers and distributors in the states (Sideshow/BBTS), especially when you're looking at roughly $200 with a monthly coupon.

Even if it does well though, I think it's safe to say Batman Returns as a line is dead and buried. I see it like this, we were lucky enough to even get Batman and the '89 Batmobile with Returns features/gadgets and that is better than nothing.

I don't understand the Commando figure. It's seems like a random figure no one asked for, from a film that wasn't that popular to begin with. HT did a poll a few years ago, and I remember Commando won the poll for some reason instead of Conan the Barbarian, but it seems like an odd choice, unless they think they can reuse that body for other Terminator/Arnie figures.

We'll probably see more vintage characters. Maybe 2 or 3 releases a year, with no intentions of making supporting characters from those franchises. There are still some famous characters from the 80's and 90's they can make. Beetlejuice would be cool, but even the SS version seems to be on hold...either that, or they are fixing the sculpt.

Back