Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I really don't think it differs much from what Keaton was actually able to do inside that suit TBH. Yeah, those karate kicks look cool, but we all know that a different suit (or pars of it) were probably used to achieve that.

Bale's TDK was a different story, and even the great QS001 feels like a bit of a tank sometimes. But yeah, a BIT of articulation would be nice.

And a different cape as well. In 89 batman Burton said they had to make a suit and cape for each different movement. When Bats was gliding in and out of the Axis chemical scene they had a dancer in a special suit and a gymnast in another suit during the fight scene in the church.

So what does that tell you.:slap

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

You should try making a custom Batman 1989 and Batman Returns suit so it could be more poseable like in the movie. I bet you two could make a nice undersuit with the armor pieces laid overtop after seeing your Stormtrooper.

View attachment 234866

View attachment 234872

I have thought about it thoroughly years ago, whats holding me back isn't the suit, but the inner body. The inner body JOINTs needs to be solid enough to hold each poses. Even if the suit is made with fabric and covered with thin layer of rubber suit, it will still end up posing the same as the original. Besides, how often do we pose our figure with all these dynamic poses? Keaton hardly do anything extreme from the movie, and when he does.... he didn't look very cool compare to the modern choreography (IMO)

here is some tips on how to raise the arm. Apologize for my poor English, its not my first language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ2SbUdH5J8

I really don't think it differs much from what Keaton was actually able to do inside that suit TBH. Yeah, those karate kicks look cool, but we all know that a different suit (or pars of it) were probably used to achieve that.

While he never did any crazy moves, I do think there's this misconception and myth that the Keaton suits couldn't move at all though, which isn't true. Batman could fold his arms, he could run, he could hoist Vicki Vale up and grapple, he could extend his arms, and he could do some pretty impressive kicks (both Keaton and the stunt man, David Lea). This Returns figure? All it can do is move the arms. The two figures could be so much more. Look at those pics I posted, how the suit designers made those clever cuts in the arm pits, elbow and groin area. If these figures had those atleast with some simple undersuit over the true type, they could do so much more than just stand there. I know NECA has visible joints on their 7" Batman, but the way they hid the knee, boot, ab, hip, shoulder and torso joints were ingenious. If that figure can do splits and pull off some pretty decent fight poses, no reason a 12" higher quality figure couldn't.

I have thought about it thoroughly years ago, whats holding me back isn't the suit, but the inner body. The inner body JOINTs needs to be solid enough to hold each poses. Even if the suit is made with fabric and covered with thin layer of rubber suit, it will still end up posing the same as the original. Besides, how often do we pose our figure with all these dynamic poses? Keaton hardly do anything extreme from the movie, and when he does.... he didn't look very cool compare to the modern choreography (IMO)

here is some tips on how to raise the arm. Apologize for my poor English, its not my first language

Your English is fine, I understand you.

I assumed you thought about it. I honestly think you could pull it off on either Keaton figure. Other customizers have. If the true type body is good enough, I don't think most movements would be a problem or restrictive save for maybe the shoulders as long as the person doing the custom followed the references and cut out the armor pieces that need to be cut. The only restrictive movement I can see is at the shoulders since the upper arms connect to the torso.

Other than that? Collectors would be able to bend an elbow, a knee, and a leg spread without worrying about the rubber bunching up. They could actually keep it in that pose without worrying about long term cracks or elbows and knees deteriorating.

The only problem I could see (other than a steady hand to cut out the chest plate, legs and arms) would be finding the right glue to attach the pieces to the bodysuit.

While he never did any crazy moves, I do think there's this misconception and myth that the Keaton suits couldn't move at all though, which isn't true. Batman could fold his arms, he could run, he could hoist Vicki Vale up and grapple, he could extend his arms, and he could do some pretty impressive kicks (both Keaton and the stunt man, David Lea). This Returns figure? All it can do is move the arms. The two figures could be so much more. Look at those pics I posted, how the suit designers made those clever cuts in the arm pits, elbow and groin area. If these figures had those atleast with some simple undersuit over the true type, they could do so much more than just stand there. I know NECA has visible joints on their 7" Batman, but the way they hid the knee, boot, ab, hip, shoulder and torso joints were ingenious. If that figure can do splits and pull off some pretty decent fight poses, no reason a 12" higher quality figure couldn't.

Your English is fine, I understand you.

I assumed you thought about it. I honestly think you could pull it off on either Keaton figure. Other customizers have. If the true type body is good enough, I don't think most movements would be a problem or restrictive save for maybe the shoulders as long as the person doing the custom followed the references and cut out the armor pieces that need to be cut. The only restrictive movement I can see is at the shoulders since the upper arms connect to the torso.

Other than that? Collectors would be able to bend an elbow, a knee, and a leg spread without worrying about the rubber bunching up. They could actually keep it in that pose without worrying about long term cracks or elbows and knees deteriorating.

The only problem I could see (other than a steady hand to cut out the chest plate, legs and arms) would be finding the right glue to attach the pieces to the bodysuit.

As I told you I will be doing this sometime this summer... guess i will experiment with what glue would be best or hell maybe even Velcro i don't know yet. Yes I'm not as good as most customizers but sure gonna damn try.

here is my 2 cents on this muddah sexy figure

:wave Thanks Tony that tip really helped because I felt I could raise it more higher but I was afraid that the ratchet might break, good to know it's more flexible than I thought

One thing that I like in comparing the different cowls is how the light gives the BR cowl a more natural look with the gaps on the corners, it really gives me the feeling that a man has stretched the cowl over his head

Last edited:

here is my 2 cents on this muddah sexy figure

Dude cut your finger nails! just kidding :lol
Seriously nice review, hopefully the dots on the symbol were just lint as this does attract lint

Dude cut your finger nails! just kidding [emoji38]
Seriously nice review, hopefully the dots on the symbol were just lint as this does attract lint
Ha!I did actually trim my nails it's just i cant cut it too short Cuz then it starts hurting for some reason.yeah it was lint.this figure attracts lint and dust easily.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Nice review. Can't wait to have this figure in my hands.

Thanks maru.i wish I knew how to Polish and make my videos more professional to show how much this particular batman is truly great for you guys.

Was trying to copy that seen from batman v superman when Bruce was staring at his suit.then I forgot I should have taken the face plate off.doh!
cfc5fd2fc8c83e2eaf469a08b27f2410.jpg

Honestly can't take a bad picture of him

Last edited:

Ok I'm convinced of getting this Batman! Does anyone know if the DX-09 accessories are compatible with this Batman. I want to get some on eBay.

Ok I'm convinced of getting this Batman! Does anyone know if the DX-09 accessories are compatible with this Batman. I want to get some on eBay.

Yup everything is compatible down to the hands of DX09 except the mouthpieces unfortunately

Cool, I can give 2 s**ts on the faceplates. They all look the same to me...minus the blood. Lol

Hey guys and gyals just finished my latest review of this beautiful Batman Returns set by Hot Toys. Many thanks to my friend Aaron Lin for sending over this beauty from the Mother Land :).. Enjoy and be merry
https://youtu.be/3pfQxJ-zoUg

Hey guys and gyals just finished my latest review of this beautiful Batman Returns set by Hot Toys. Many thanks to my friend Aaron Lin for sending over this beauty from the Mother Land :).. Enjoy and be merry
https://youtu.be/3pfQxJ-zoUg

You forgot to cover the BD cowl with Keaton head on batman :lecture

Just re-watched Returns yesterday. The Snowed christmas mood is very cool and gothic. The batmobile is even cooler and sexy. ( cocoon apart)
But my preference is still 89. More iconic and better movie IMO.
I think one of the reason i prefer 89 is that in returns Batman is less mysterious, he's hidding less. Even the suit is less menacing but more sleek and elegant.
In 89 batman is always in the dark like a shadow. Inspiring fear.

But anyway returns is very cool, there are plenty tresures in the movie and Hot Toys seems have done a great work as DX09.
Will be great next to the batmobile.

Back