Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

So... Any bets? Catwoman in 2019 and Penguin in 2022? :lol

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

These pics of Keaton looks better. It seems like the head sculpt looks more accurate under "pale" lighting, anyone notice this?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Never had much interest in this set, and the little interest I did have was more for the Bruce Wayne figure. I have to say, though, it does look like it turned out pretty bad. Definitely doesn't look like the standard quality we're used to seeing from HT. I think half assed is a pretty good way to describe it. I hope they put a little more effort into the BvS line.

Shouldn't be too difficult to fix

So... Any bets? Catwoman in 2019 and Penguin in 2022? :lol

I'm hoping for a Catwoman/ Selina Kyle w/ballroom dress two-pack next Christmas. Then, the production of this Bruce in a tux figure will make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****, what happened to this figure? Looked so good on the preview pics, can't believe they dropped the ball. Was really looking forward to this but now kinda apprehensive

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I think if you look at only the batman figure it's really really good! If you stack him as a two pack then it was always gonna be horrible! This was not a dx but if this Bruce sculpt was made with dx09 - that would "almost" suffer similar criticism. That sculpt was always gonna be a problem. Other than that this is a great suite and a great figure. Yes surely some issues with the face plate (they almost always had that with each batman!)
Lastly I am one of the few who actually prefer this suite over the batman suite (dx09) - that suite is so full of fake abs that it looks more like a mascot than a vigilante! If I see anyone in that suite I am surely picking up a fight! And probably winning it too :)
But I know many like the dx09 suite better. Even then this batman is great!. The Bruce sculpt is a different story for sure! That part sucks big time!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Ok, guys......I am not understanding you at all. Are you all basing your opinion off the prototype figure on the first post of the thread? Not one person is going to commend Hot Toys for the very much improved headsculpt for manufacturing? When we got the initial prototype photos of this figure - it was what, April, May? The Bruce Wayne figure obviously had a lot of people worried, including myself. I did NOT preorder because of this.

Well, I am relieved to say I'll happily be purchasing this item based on the much improved and updated sculpt of Michael Keaton. The Batman suit always looked fantastic. To me, the likeness is every bit the quality we expect from Hot Toys.

Very excited about this release since Keaton is my favorite Batman and I don't have a Batman figure. It makes me think that the criticism and extreme nit-picking is people who have other versions and are trying to make themselves feel better about the versions they own by crapping on this one? Because I sure as heck don't get it.

If the release was really that bad, I would not be purchasing.

Ok, guys......I am not understanding you at all. Are you all basing your opinion off the prototype figure on the first post of the thread? Not one person is going to commend Hot Toys for the very much improved headsculpt for manufacturing? When we got the initial prototype photos of this figure - it was what, April, May? The Bruce Wayne figure obviously had a lot of people worried, including myself. I did NOT preorder because of this.

Well, I am relieved to say I'll happily be purchasing this item based on the much improved and updated sculpt of Michael Keaton. The Batman suit always looked fantastic. To me, the likeness is every bit the quality we expect from Hot Toys.

Very excited about this release since Keaton is my favorite Batman and I don't have a Batman figure. It makes me think that the criticism and extreme nit-picking is people who have other versions and are trying to make themselves feel better about the versions they own by crapping on this one? Because I sure as heck don't get it.

If the release was really that bad, I would not be purchasing.

I have the DX09 and don't even see all the major complaints are about.. I will never use the other faceplates besides the normal one... The eyes are too blue big deal. if it bothers people that much not nit pick a little itty bitty thing like that then send it to an artist and have them repainted... Yeah the headsculpt isn't 100% Michael keaton but still it's the best of thier for the 1/6 IMO... The suit is vinyl big deal. The Arkham City is vinyl and I hear no one moaning about it... Ppl complained about the DX09 being so restrictive so now it's a bit more poseable and ppl still moan.... Granted they should of had two new faceplates but still from what I can see it's a wonderful figure and will be glad to add it to my collection.

SS replaces boxes.

I understand the principle that they shouldn't have to considering how much we're paying, but they will replace them.

Every instance I've heard of someone requesting a replacement, it's been fulfilled.
Psh....from Sideshow? They suck. Everytime I got a box with bent corners, I complain and they ask me if the actual figure is damaged. When I say no, they say they can't do anything about it. So they make me go through the hassle of returning - and they make me pay shipping charges.

It's not right at all. They are COLLECTABLES. This includes the box. Their shipping includes ZERO protection. For collectables that cost typically $200-$400? It's absolutely ludicrous.

The "pack-out" option or whatever for an extra $10.00 is essential. But on bigger boxes like Sideshow's premium statues, it is not available. Unfortunately this is pretty much the reason why I don't have any premium figures. Not going to spend that kind of money if that's what I get.

You would think it would be beneficial for both sides to ensure careful, protective packaging. If enough people like myself complained and returned items, it might force them to rethink their careless, disrespectful and non-existent packaging.

EDIT: And I know these freaking things come all the way from Hong Kong or wherever - halfway around the world - to Thousand Oaks, CA in pristine condition because when I order the pack-out and it's properly packaged - they are arrive fantastic. It's how they are shipped within the United States from Sideshow that is a crime. Those outter cardboard boxes for the Hot Toys figures are not meant to be shipping boxes.

That's what I think it is. You compare the production mouth to the show prototype and the final one looks like Bruce Willis or something. There's a gap and the paint on the lips and where the lips part just isn't well done. Where would his nose even fit inside the cowl piece without getting chopped off? If you look at Poe's pics, you can see this gap where the faces look like they don't even fit or plug in all the way. There's a reason a few pics of the figure's head looks good, that's because from the perspective/angle of the cowl and nose hide the flaws. Instead of looking like an actual face in there, it actually looks like a plate that fits in.

View attachment 231476

Compare all the latest photographer pics of the final product and not one of them touches how great this prototype head and face looked in the on.cc photo shoot from over the summer. That's saying a lot because the pic is horribly overexposed, shot and lit but STILL looked great.

This seems to be happening a lot, lately. The same thing happened with armory Bats, and, even, in the prototype pics, it looked like the "gap" was present, even, on some of the Batfleck faces. I'm just wondering what the hell changed between stuff like DX 09, West, and AC, and these.

pqgtaxcpkqe3oi6booau.jpg

1619285_10153223566322344_2297908903847612898_n.jpg

Yeah, that ^ looks pretty damn good to me.:huh

Now if you wanna talk about BW or the other 2 mouth plates..

Psh....from Sideshow? They suck. Everytime I got a box with bent corners, I complain and they ask me if the actual figure is damaged. When I say no, they say they can't do anything about it. So they make me go through the hassle of returning - and they make me pay shipping charges.

It's not right at all. They are COLLECTABLES. This includes the box. Their shipping includes ZERO protection. For collectables that cost typically $200-$400? It's absolutely ludicrous.

The "pack-out" option or whatever for an extra $10.00 is essential. But on bigger boxes like Sideshow's premium statues, it is not available. Unfortunately this is pretty much the reason why I don't have any premium figures. Not going to spend that kind of money if that's what I get.

You would think it would be beneficial for both sides to ensure careful, protective packaging. If enough people like myself complained and returned items, it might force them to rethink their careless, disrespectful and non-existent packaging.

EDIT: And I know these freaking things come all the way from Hong Kong or wherever - halfway around the world - to Thousand Oaks, CA in pristine condition because when I order the pack-out and it's properly packaged - they are arrive fantastic. It's how they are shipped within the United States from Sideshow that is a crime. Those outter cardboard boxes for the Hot Toys figures are not meant to be shipping boxes.

Again, never in my experience have I received a damaged shipper or box.

I have known multiple individuals who have, and EVERY ONE got a replacement box with no hassle in about a week.

Yeah they asked for photos, reviewed their order, normal stuff a company does when it comes to replacements.

I'm not saying it's right. Again I reiterate that for the money EVERYTHING should be perfect. But they do make up for it.

I'm sorry to hear your experience was poor.

pqgtaxcpkqe3oi6booau.jpg

View attachment 231739

Yeah, that ^ looks pretty damn good to me.:huh

Now if you wanna talk about BW or the other 2 mouth plates..

They got the shape of the cowl close enough, but the issue is just the quality of the obvious faceplates and lazy paint. I still think BW turned out better than Batman, but maybe once we get it in hand that will change.

I didn't realize it until now, but with these two photos, you can see they got the color wrong on the emblem. The film version is more of a "warmer" yellow. Maybe with a ever so slight of orange mixed into it. The HT version is just flat pale yellow.

Again, never in my experience have I received a damaged shipper or box.

I have known multiple individuals who have, and EVERY ONE got a replacement box with no hassle in about a week.

Yeah they asked for photos, reviewed their order, normal stuff a company does when it comes to replacements.

I'm not saying it's right. Again I reiterate that for the money EVERYTHING should be perfect. But they do make up for it.

I'm sorry to hear your experience was poor.

Surprised to hear they got replacement boxes since that has never been offered to me.......I'm not a HUGE collector (maybe only 1-3 purchases a year, if any), so this is in reference to 3 out of 6 purchases I believe where the corners were dinged, causing the wrinkles that I'm sure many here are familiar with. Sideshow did ask for the pictures, which I provided. They called it normal wear during shipping. I think they may have offered like $20.00 credit, but when you're talking a $300.00 collectable, it seemed like peanuts and I would still have a collectable that - to me - was damaged and that bothers me a lot and I could never fully enjoy it.

My items were from Hot Toys and one was a Sideshow Premium Format (exclusive version) - so maybe they just don't have extra boxes for those items.

At least the three other items came in excellent condition (all pack-outs). Only one time it came damaged with the pack-out. Of course the shipping box took a ding on the corner where the item was placed flushed against it (the corner where there was no brown shipping paper between item and outter shipping box). And it was enough to ding and wrinkle corner of the outter shipping box, the hot toys outter cardboard box, and the Hot Toys box.

Hopefully they package with the brown paper surrounding all four corners now.

Back