Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Wow, that bottom pic really shows the gap. Is it possible the angle on the top pic has something to do with it? I know the 89 doesn't have the gap on the top picture, but it's a different cowl, right? I don't know if the Returns cowl changed that much in that specific area.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I'm happy with the way that Batman turned out.

I'm thinking they are not in all the way. We will see when more in hand pics start showing up.

Wow, that bottom pic really shows the gap. Is it possible the angle on the top pic has something to do with it? I know the 89 doesn't have the gap on the top picture, but it's a different cowl, right? I don't know if the Returns cowl changed that much in that specific area.

The ''philtrum'' according to my google search, it does appear too long on the Returns figure, certainly in some shots.

Yeah, it's a different cowl with a larger mouth, but still. Look at all the pictures of this figure at the various shows before today. Even in the worst settings at the most obscure angles (I tried to pick bad shots), it still looked nearly perfect, like Keaton was in the Batman suit as Bruce Wayne. Something went wrong with the manufacturing or molding process or something, I mean, even the open mouth looked great and just like Keaton at those older displays and the expression they chose was goofy!

Compare the latest in hand photographer pics to all of these,

Batman Returns 1.jpg
Batman Returns 2.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yeah, it's a different cowl with a larger mouth, but still. Look at all the pictures of this figure at the various shows before today. Even in the worst settings at the most obscure angles (I tried to pick bad shots), it still looked nearly perfect, like Keaton was in the Batman suit as Bruce Wayne. Something went wrong with the manufacturing or molding process or something, I mean, even the open mouth looked great and just like Keaton at those older displays and the expression they chose was goofy!

Compare the latest in hand photographer pics to all of these,

View attachment 231488
View attachment 231489
View attachment 231492
View attachment 231493
View attachment 231491

Looks the same

I still don't see the issue with the Batman cowl, even when comparing to all those shots of the prototype and the DX09.
The distance between the lips and mask/nose is larger than on the DX09 yes, but it was also larger on the suit. It looks weird in those two shots Jokes & Bats posted above, but looks great in many other shots. And in the comparison above with the DX09 sculpt, I think the Returns head looks more realistic. :dunno

In the end, I guess I'm just happy that I don't see what others are seeing, as I still think he turned out fantastic and I can't wait to own this. :)

Fabs and dev have pretty much said what needs to be said. I don't know, maybe it will indeed look better in hand but at the moment, going off of these blogger pics, it looks like a hurried, slapdash release.

Never mind the lack of a grinning and pissed-off mouthplate, and what's supposed to pass for Keaton in a tux, HT couldn't even replicate its pretty stellar Batman prototype.

The Keaton sculpt looks like Michael Cera

I was going to say a cross between Seth Mcfarlane and Liberace -- but any transgender will do.

But the bat emblem would be wrong for the 89 version....also the returns suit is far smoother and not as "rough" textured as the 89

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All true, but the Returns Cape is what I want for my 89.

All true, but the Returns Cape is what I want for my 89.

I'd wait til U have that in hand before passing judgement. Never been happy with a batman cape-can see me getting a custom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well what can you say?
HT obviously couldn't care less about the "NOT SO POPULAR & NOT SO MONEY MAKING" DC licences, I am also piss about the long awaiting production period, I mean they can make bloody Star Wars(No offences, I love SW too!) figures in like what 2-3 months but We have to wait nearly 6 months for this batman, and still, they ****ed up this great figure, well done HT, well done!

Out of the 80+ pictures that have surfaced of this figure, here are the ones that look decent to me. Kinda thinking it only looks decent from certain angles, never straight on. How many of the photographers took straight on pics? The number is less than what you can count on one hand.

Hot Toys Batman Returns.jpg

The only thing wrong with this Batman is Mayor Penguin not beside it!!! :mad:

The gap looks fine to me. When compared to the Keaton/Wayne head it shows pretty clearly that his nose would fit the cowl and it's not some impossible shaped plate.

image.jpeg

Back