Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

by show of hands even after some you guys that "say"your not going to get the batman figure.and dont lie to yourself.Who gonna get this figure regardless?.I am just talking about the single batman figure not the crap "bruce Wayne" figure lol

:wave

This was like, instant purchase when they announced the Returns Bat fig 2 years ago maybe? But I have fallen out of love with collecting a bit recently, especially Hot Toys.
The fig looks ok but a bit of a half assed effort imo. If HT cant bother then why should I. Hopefully the fig becomes a shelf warmer and I might pick it up cheap sometime next year. Maybe more figs from Returns might tempt me, Penguin and especially a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwomen. I doubt HT will make any other Returns figs though :exactly:

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

What a great Christmas present. batman looks great, instant buy for me. Maybe because it's my favorite batman movie, but I think he looks practically perfect. Not interested in the 2 pack but honestly the Wayne head isn't all that bad ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think at this point we are lucky to be getting anything outside of Disney world. It has always been HT goal to"sell out", become upscale Hasbro and to get the giant current licenses. I knew the weren't going to surprise us with this figure because they just don't do that anymore. What you see in the proto is what you get these days and more often than not the figures doesn't come anywhere close to the proto.

I'm looking at Batman here the same way as when I first saw the official pics. I never wanted nor intended to buy a Bruce Wayne in a tuxedo and i'm glad they left the head out to keep the main guy at a reasonable $210 shipped if you use the monthly $20 coupon.

For that price i'm very happy with the product.

Here ya go. There were a couple other pics posted yesterday on Facebook with the same problem View attachment 231764

Are you talking about what appears to be a "dimple" in the rubber, where it's popped inward?

That could be a trick of the lighting and shadow, or something that just as easily "pops" back out (the more likely explanation in my opinion). I'd have a hard time believing it's a legitimate QC issue, but we will have to see this thing in-hand.

It obviously doesn't look as good as the proto, but nothing to be a deal breaker. Like many of us, we've waited way too long for this. I've already ordered one from a seller in HK. Should be here next week.

But if I could point one thing out to tweak, it would be bigger lips but it's too late for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uh yeah he looks great to me and i am sure he will look better in most of our hands once we get him

and the keaton figure i just cant see the resemblance at all.half assed it

First bit of video footage I know of, not great footage for poses etc. but cool to see it unboxed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC_9LpiXq0c

You say not great footage but I think that's the best it's looked yet. More so than the blogger pictures.

The ears look like they're dangerous and really sharp.

You say not great footage but I think that's the best it's looked yet. More so than the blogger pictures.

Totally agree with you man, only ment there's no real poses or futzing involved in the vid

Just watched the film again and do think the mouth piece is slightly to wide, losing the sturdy neck look, but I've waited so long for this figure I can't let it bug me

Just removed my PO on the twin pack and just going to get the single batman figure. The body suit looks plastic instead of rubber in the youtube clip.

Both figures look even better in the video footage in my opinion.

yep looks good there

I think what happened with this line was that when this was announced back in 2012, they had just released 89 Bats and Jack and Hot Toys was nowhere near as popular as they are now with Marvel etc. As they began to appeal to the masses and make figures on the upcoming releases this just got pushed to the back burner.

I would kill for a properly done 1/4 BR Bats and hell anything 1/4 from BR they made: Catwoman etc. Personally at the end of the day with all the Marvel crap coming out I am at least thankful I got this release. If people don't support this it will definitely tell HT not to do a Catwoman. Now there is a figure I would buy pretty much every variant of: Catwoman two pack, 1 Catwoman, 1 Selena Kyle in ball room dress or a Selena Kyle secretary and Battle Damage Catwoman with alternate unmasked head.

It wouldn't surprise me if Disney exerted some pressure on Hot Toys with respect to the license rights, either formally or informally - divert most of their production focus to Star Wars and Marvel, or risk losing access to that exclusive cash cow...

I think what happened with this line was that when this was announced back in 2012, they had just released 89 Bats and Jack and Hot Toys was nowhere near as popular as they are now with Marvel etc. As they began to appeal to the masses and make figures on the upcoming releases this just got pushed to the back burner.

I would kill for a properly done 1/4 BR Bats and hell anything 1/4 from BR they made: Catwoman etc. Personally at the end of the day with all the Marvel crap coming out I am at least thankful I got this release. If people don't support this it will definitely tell HT not to do a Catwoman. Now there is a figure I would buy pretty much every variant of: Catwoman two pack, 1 Catwoman, 1 Selena Kyle in ball room dress or a Selena Kyle secretary and Battle Damage Catwoman with alternate unmasked head.

Honestly, everyone could buy this and I still don't think Hot Toys would bother their arse making Catwoman and Penguin.

Just watched Returns again tonight. The perfect Christmas movie. Good will toward men... and women.

Why are people complaining about the mouth pieces? They were always shown with the proto, so you're getting what they showed.

Back