1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hot Toys sculpt has really grown on me. I really didn't care for it at first, but now I actually like it a lot...

The this....THIS is Alec Guiness courtesy of Trevor Grove (and a tremendous after market paint up):

View attachment 287992
Wow that is beautiful! Is that a custom sculpt or a masterful re paint of the SSC head sculpt?

My collectable store is restocking this figure. Never thought about getting him on original release date but considering now. It's been awhile since I have purchased a HT human likeness (last few have been Batman Returns, Sandtrooper, Chewie and BD Robocop) and I feel like I need to get back to why I started collecting HT in the first place amazing human face sculpts. I think and old man is required in my collection. Thoughts?

My collectable store is restocking this figure. Never thought about getting him on original release date but considering now. It's been awhile since I have purchased a HT human likeness (last few have been Batman Returns, Sandtrooper, Chewie and BD Robocop) and I feel like I need to get back to why I started collecting HT in the first place amazing human face sculpts. I think and old man is required in my collection. Thoughts?

A lot of people will say that this figure is a dud because the headsculpt doesn't look like a shrunken down Alec Guinness. Personally, I think the sculpt is very good, even if it misses the mark in some respects. Overall, I think the figure is great. The detail on the boots and belt is amazing and the detail on the hands is also very nice. I think he's worth it.

0b536e68b7998c583ec72b0af0582f70.jpg
e81d90dcdc014bcb524722b7d3a37e30.jpg
05341ab325e7bbcde096337be26acd8c.jpg

"You want to buy this figure"
1665cb8d0f395721a84db7dc0ed23098.jpg

It's a pretty rad figure. probably my favorite human likeness from HT. Some say it's not perfect, but whatever is? I'm happy with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

This figure really is great, and has grown on me more and more since getting him over the summer. For me, carefully ironing the outer robe under a couple layers of a t-shirt makes all the difference. The wrinkles in the robe can make it look very toy-ish out of the box.

I never thought it looked too much like Alec Guinness, unfortunately, but it is a little better in person. That said, the detailing and paint on the head sculpt, hair, and beard is perhaps the best I've ever seen on a HT figure. If it actually resembled Guinness more then I think people would be talking about this figure as one of their best ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its funny I have always thought it looked like Alec Guinness. The more images and reviews I see the more I want this in my display. Like I said it has been awhile since I have had a human likeness with cloths (as opposed to Batman Returns, BD Robocop, Chewie, Sandtrooper) and this one seems to be calling my name………

It's a good pair if you have ANH Vader. I have both Vader and Kenobi in their respective poses when they first encountered each other on the Death Star. "I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan."

In my HT Star Wars display, even with Chewbacca standing right there, more people are drawn to Obi Wan. It's a great figure, and unmistakably Obi Wan.

It was SS EP 3 Obi Wan that drew me into the world of 1/6 scale. In the past years I collected all the Order of The Jedi from SS and since sold them all except Obi Wan. I will be selling him now to make funds for the HT version. I like to keep my display slim so I really have no need for two. And we all know which one is better…..

Back