1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was SS EP 3 Obi Wan that drew me into the world of 1/6 scale. In the past years I collected all the Order of The Jedi from SS and since sold them all except Obi Wan. I will be selling him now to make funds for the HT version. I like to keep my display slim so I really have no need for two. And we all know which one is better…..

episode II obi-wan :lol

Looks awesome in a detolf.

0fb81e9b13f1b3973c13dbbb4e15e94f.jpg

I've managed to assemble a reasonably priced spare Obi-wan using parts off eBay and I want to turn it into an ESB Ben - can anyone recommend a good luminous dye and paint? I've found various types on the net but would appreciate a recommendation from someone who's used some.

I want him standing behind my Yoda's Hut.

I was a very vocal critic of this sculpt when it was first released and when the in hand photos began to circulate. I very much appreciated the quality of the figure and the head sculpt detail was outstanding.....but I just could not see Alec.

Finally I broke down and picked him up once it became clear that I could not use my Sideshow Old Ben in photography (or even in my display) with the other HT entries from the ANH line. Not because the Trevor Grove sculpt was not outstanding (because it is), but because the SS paint apps were just to low quality compared to the HT offerings. SS OB looked like a cartoon next to the others.

But although I think the grail version of the 1/6 representation of this character would be SS sculpt with HT level paint and wardrobe, I've actually been very pleasantly surprised by how much the HT sculpt has grown on me! No trouble at all finding Alec now....maybe my eyes are going.

I was a very vocal critic of this sculpt when it was first released and when the in hand photos began to circulate. I very much appreciated the quality of the figure and the head sculpt detail was outstanding.....but I just could not see Alec.

Finally I broke down and picked him up once it became clear that I could not use my Sideshow Old Ben in photography (or even in my display) with the other HT entries from the ANH line. Not because the Trevor Grove sculpt was not outstanding (because it is), but because the SS paint apps were just to low quality compared to the HT offerings. SS OB looked like a cartoon next to the others.

But although I think the grail version of the 1/6 representation of this character would be SS sculpt with HT level paint and wardrobe, I've actually been very pleasantly surprised by how much the HT sculpt has grown on me! No trouble at all finding Alec now....maybe my eyes are going.

Maybe jnix would do him next.

That was my vote, and that would be outstanding...

But I guess I'm also constrained to voice my sorrow that it would seem that every last human character produced by HT for this line (sans Leia) seems to almost require a costly custom sculpt add-on when "costly custom sculpts" were what we thought we were paying for when we purchased the original figures.

That's not to say that the HT efforts were actually bad (I like several of them) but they seem to fall well short of their potential...

To date I have not seen HT Obi Wan I person (at local collectables stores), but I have seen all the rest. Leia (hands down) the best of the bunch, but outfit is too simple for me to desire to own. Luke (Tome Cruise) personally is terrible. Its a great looking human sculpt (10/10) , but very little likeness to the subject matter!

aw come on that`s now fun. I know you want to futz with it. I can feel your anger. take your obi-wan strike me down with all your hate and your journey to the dark side will be complete :)

I do want to open it and complete my journey. But whenever I am tempted I think of dialogue like this to prevent me from opening……

Chancellor Valorum: The point is conceded. Will you defer your motion to allow a commission to explore the validity of your accusations?

Queen Amidala: I will not defer. I've come before you to resolve this attack on our sovereignty now. I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee! If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership! :slap

I do want to open it and complete my journey. But whenever I am tempted I think of dialogue like this to prevent me from opening……

Chancellor Valorum: The point is conceded. Will you defer your motion to allow a commission to explore the validity of your accusations?

Queen Amidala: I will not defer. I've come before you to resolve this attack on our sovereignty now. I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee! If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership! :slap

you will have fun when Christmas morning comes. you will watch star wars on Christmas day and play with your toys like we did when we were kids

Back