1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha actually I was referring to the plastic booties over his boots

Well there we go. And now I'm lost too. :lol I guess I've never had someone deliver a mattress for me, didn't know they were that considerate.

I'm pretty sure Ben just has a coolant leak in the basement. Doesn't want to ruin those beautiful boots.

I'm pretty sure Ben just has a coolant leak in the basement. Doesn't want to ruin those beautiful boots.

Is that a euphemism for incontinence?

Maybe that is his mattress behind him, drying out nicely under those twin suns.

:rip

No, I'm not that clever. Hot Toys did include a big old diaper with Old Ben, though.
Obi-Wan-Kenobi-MMS283-Star-Wars-Hot-Toys-018.jpg

The figure was just removed fresh from the box. I left the plastic covers on to protect the boots from any damage from pins when I was finding the correct length for the lower hem. I also left the covers on the hands and face too.

My sewing skills must be pretty awful if the only comments I'm getting aren't related to the tunic I made. I had only taught myself to sew that day. I was actually quite pleased with myself. Shame I don't feel the same way now. I've removed the post so you can get your jollies elsewhere. I had repainted some of the head too , but I won't show you how I've improved the likeness .

Last edited:
Just got Obi in the mail today. What an awesome looking figure. Only need Leia and 3P0 to finish the line-up. But I'm think I may pass on both. I have a hard time buying a female figure Hahaha

Do NOT hesitate on Leia. Its a stunning figure. Do whatever you like with 3P0....wait, save you coin for a Tamashi, buy the Sideshow. Whatever.

But do NOT hesitate on Leia. Hot Toys utterly nailed her.

The figure was just removed fresh from the box. I left the plastic covers on to protect the boots from any damage from pins when I was finding the correct length for the lower hem. I also left the covers on the hands and face too.

My sewing skills must be pretty awful if the only comments I'm getting aren't related to the tunic I made. I had only taught myself to sew that day. I was actually quite pleased with myself. Shame I don't feel the same way now. I've removed the post so you can get your jollies elsewhere. I had repainted some of the head too , but I won't show you how I've improved the likeness .

Hey Paul, actually thought the custom robes looked good. I think everyone just went off on a tangent over the confusion with the mattress comment. No harm meant on my part. :duff

Hey Paul, actually thought the custom robes looked good. I think everyone just went off on a tangent over the confusion with the mattress comment. No harm meant on my part. :duff

What got removed? Someone did custom robes for the HT Ben? Interested to see - the stock ones remind me of a dressing gown from the Anchorhead Hilton.

No, I'm not that clever. Hot Toys did include a big old diaper with Old Ben, though.
Obi-Wan-Kenobi-MMS283-Star-Wars-Hot-Toys-018.jpg

This doesn't look like your first rodeo, cowboy.

The Hot Toys sculpt has really grown on me. I really didn't care for it at first, but now I actually like it a lot...

The this....THIS is Alec Guiness courtesy of Trevor Grove (and a tremendous after market paint up):

image.jpeg

That TG one is really good...nice paint makes all the difference.

Here's another look at the HT one from me...

Like a lot of the HT portraits, it can look reall good from certain angles..amazing, in fact. But there's also something a little "off" about it...doesn't stop me from enjoying it or admiring the craftsmanship of it.

Still enjoy the Sideshow one too...room for both on my shelf.

That TG one is really good...nice paint makes all the difference.

Here's another look at the HT one from me...

Like a lot of the HT portraits, it can look reall good from certain angles..amazing, in fact. But there's also something a little "off" about it...doesn't stop me from enjoying it or admiring the craftsmanship of it.

Still enjoy the Sideshow one too...room for both on my shelf.

Very nice pic. It's one of the figures that photographs really well. It's harder to get Luke looking good, yet on the shelf he looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back