1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a5dc2108153cd27d560edf258cecb830.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Nice shot:clap

Just got Obi in the mail today. What an awesome looking figure. Only need Leia and 3P0 to finish the line-up. But I'm think I may pass on both. I have a hard time buying a female figure Hahaha

Just got Obi in the mail today. What an awesome looking figure. Only need Leia and 3P0 to finish the line-up. But I'm think I may pass on both. I have a hard time buying a female figure Hahaha

You should have no hesitation in picking up the Leia figure, especially if trying to collect the complete "A New Hope" heroes collection. She is a must-have.

The Obi figure is very good but as mentioned before by many, not the best sculpt of Sir Alec Guinness. Leia, on the other hand, is quite bare of accessories but the sculpt is fantastic. If given the choice of only one, I would select Leia. To me, the sculpt is THE most important aspect of any figure.

Was 1/2 joking about about the Leia. She's just a little far down the priority list. Was hoping the hologram one that came with R2 will do. Haha. As for sulpts go. Only the Luke bothers me a lot.

That's why I display my Luke with the poncho and hat (to shadow up that so-so sculpt). I'm curious if anyone has added some blondish paint to Ben's beard to make it more accurate. I think repainting the beard would go very far in capturing the likeness more..especially if the hood is up. Being that Alex's ears stick out more than the sculpt, which Sideshow got right.
How come Hot Toys can get the Obi wan sculpt spot on, but farmboy Luke is just, meh...

I'll agree with others, the only sculpt that's off is Luke. Just received Obi-wan and like Han it looks perfect in hand. Leia is perfect, Chewie is perfect with the proper futzing. They all look spot on except Luke. Oh well you can't have the collection without Luke. It'll have to do.

Back