1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, Lejuan I had to wait two weeks before I could show ya as Luke was flexed.
Instead of reaching Obiwan's Hutt,

they went to a sushi bar.
I don't think I ever want to flex pay again. No shipper or even the plastic bag, so the box was 'prechecked' and all scratched up, it really felt like someone's return. Too many HT releases for me to keep up, so I no option unless I miss it like Kenobi.

I put myself on the wait list but it says once converted they will charge $22. So does SS charge this when they have the item in stock and ready to ship or just to put one on hold for me it's why they have this fee.

I put myself on the wait list but it says once converted they will charge $22. So does SS charge this when they have the item in stock and ready to ship or just to put one on hold for me it's why they have this fee.

They send you an email to say your waitlist is going to convert in the next few days. If you don't want it, you have to get in touch and tell them you want to cancel. But you'd be crazy to cancel this. You could instantly profit from it by turning it around on Ebay.

I think you usually have a chance to cancel before it's an official "order" though. Dunno.
:)

They send you an email to say your waitlist is going to convert in the next few days. If you don't want it, you have to get in touch and tell them you want to cancel. But you'd be crazy to cancel this. You could instantly profit from it by turning it around on Ebay.
I'm done with EBay and it's 10% fee plus PayPal fee.......lately people would buy but not pay for it or file a fake reversed payment by their CC company ect. If I can get him retail that's good otherwise I could live without him in my collection. I'm not for collecting every piece only a few of my favorite will do.

I waitlisted Obi-Wan on 3/15/16 (yesterday). Mine just converted as well. That was quick! I'm hoping they let me flex it. I wasn't expecting it so soon.

And yeah - the SSC is a better likeness but it doesn't have enough detail in the sculpt so does come across slightly caricatured, and what everyone seems to keep forgetting is to get these heads repainted will cost you nearly what the whole HT figure costs if you go with the level of painter you'd need for Ben (as a figure that relies very heavily on the head due to simple outfit/accessories.) You'd be insane to buy a SSC Ben and upgrade body, hands etc and get it repainted - you'd pay hundreds and never get it back.

I just got my SS head repainted and am very happy with it. Spent way less than the cost of HT Ben. Don't feel the need to upgrade the body or hands, the robes hide it. The OCD in me has tried several times to like the HT sculpt better since I have the other figures, but I just think the SS sculpt is closer on this one. With new paint it blends just fine with the rest of the HT crew.

Mine from 1/31 just converted as well! So the second re-release is def in play on Obi, Han & Chewie. :D

Got the waitlist conversion email on this one too. Not sure about this figure since I've got the Sideshow version and this doesn't feel like as much of an upgrade as some of the others, but I'll probably get it for completion sake. *sigh* Hopefully they'll let me put it on flexpay.

Back