1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine also converted. Tempted to pass on it but I'm sure it will sell out again and then I will be kicking myself. And like others have speculated, I think there is a very good chance this is the only Obi-Wan we will get from HT.

Got the waitlist conversion email on this one too. Not sure about this figure since I've got the Sideshow version and this doesn't feel like as much of an upgrade as some of the others, but I'll probably get it for completion sake. *sigh* Hopefully they'll let me put it on flexpay.

In my humble opinion, the Hot Toys Obi-Wan is a big upgrade in quality. I would definitely recommend getting him. My reservation converted as well. Unfortunately, I jumped the gun and bought him off eBay and paid an obscene price a month ago. I'm debating whether or not to cancel the order. If his price rises again after this 2nd run sells out, I might be able to make some of my money back.

Lol, Lejuan I had to wait two weeks before I could show ya as Luke was flexed.
Instead of reaching Obiwan's Hutt,

they went to a sushi bar.
I don't think I ever want to flex pay again. No shipper or even the plastic bag, so the box was 'prechecked' and all scratched up, it really felt like someone's return. Too many HT releases for me to keep up, so I no option unless I miss it like Kenobi.

:hi5:

...bit odd that your box came scratched up, I flex just about everything and I've only received minty fresh stuff.

Mine converted as well. I don't particularly like this figure and I got on the wait list more or less just for the hell of it. But now that it's available I might as well buy it and if I don't like it I can always sell it off for a large sum when they are out of print again. sideshow.png

Joking aside, can I change this order to use a payment plan since it's not going to get here until june/july anyway, and how do I do that? Do I need to contact them on e-mail or phone or can I do it myself?

omg I don't have to resort to this:
main-qimg-b82ad6a31e84f2b60b9861c223842981

My waitlist wants $22 from me soon. Means I can't coupon it, but not going to angst over $20 this time.

Lejuan, that was one of the last Ex Luke's and I flexed it, possibly making it the last one they had. Whatever check or return, they must have lost the bag and shipper. Likely got scratched up shuffling inside in transit coz they just use scrunched paper to protect it. Right now just happy I got Luke, but need to check something on his sculpt... dammit.

If this converts and doesn't ship until June/July I might as well cancel it. I always thought once converted item is ready to ship within days only. I have other figures that I could buy and I'm not patient lol.

If this converts and doesn't ship until June/July I might as well cancel it. I always thought once converted item is ready to ship within days only. I have other figures that I could buy and I'm not patient lol.

This is probably a very special case, since they're getting a whole new batch of figures. If this worked the way it usually does they would have the item in hand and someone else who had it locked in cancelled it (or didn't pay or whatever) so they have it ready for immediate delivery. That's probably why you can't choose flex pay on waitlist as well. If you're lucky to get one they (SSC) will want to finish the deal and get their money quick since item has already been on layaway for a while.

This is probably a very special case, since they're getting a whole new batch of figures. If this worked the way it usually does they would have the item in hand and someone else who had it locked in cancelled it (or didn't pay or whatever) so they have it ready for immediate delivery. That's probably why you can't choose flex pay on waitlist as well. If you're lucky to get one they (SSC) will want to finish the deal and get their money quick since item has already been on layaway for a while.
Lets hope so since I only added myself to the wait list yesterday and later that day I got an email for reserved item already.

Update: I just saw a video and reviewer says there's no articulation in the boots. Is it true I own Darth Vader and even his boots you can tilt it sideway a bit.

Has anyone ever returned a purchase made on Ebay? I bought Obi Wan about 2 weeks ago and since then all this news of the 2nd run has broke. My wailist also just converted but before I cancel I thought I would ask. It's a dirty move I feel but would end up saving me some $$.

Thoughts? I mean we all hate the scalpers... Right?

Has anyone ever returned a purchase made on Ebay? I bought Obi Wan about 2 weeks ago and since then all this news of the 2nd run has broke. My wailist also just converted but before I cancel I thought I would ask. It's a dirty move I feel but would end up saving me some $$.

No. If you have opened it and it's missing something or broken in some way, then you can return it.
If not, you bought it fair and square. Imagine if you sold a MIB HT figure and two weeks later the guy wanted to get his money back. That money is probably already spent.
And the seller would be getting an opened figure back that has nowhere near the same value.
Dont be that guy.
If you have to, sit on the new one for a bit till it sells out again then sell it to get the balance back of what you overspent to get the first one.

No. If you have opened it and it's missing something or broken in some way, then you can return it.
If not, you bought it fair and square. Imagine if you sold a MIB HT figure and two weeks later the guy wanted to get his money back. That money is probably already spent.
And the seller would be getting an opened figure back that has nowhere near the same value.
Dont be that guy.
If you have to, sit on the new one for a bit till it sells out again then sell it to get the balance back of what you overspent to get the first one.

It's missing the brown shipper. Does that count?

Dont be that guy.

Exactly. :goodpost:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Think about how pissed off you would be if someone did it to you. Sometimes you have to take a personal hit for your principles. And as Username said, you can sell it at the inflated price again before the year is out I'm sure.

My cousin bought a lens for his camera a few years ago and it had some small defects on it. He contacted the seller and the seller said all was fine when it left him but since the package was in good condition I would say that is highly doubtful. He thought about reselling it and I said the same to him that if he sold the same slightly defective lens as a fully functional one he was as much a scumbag as the original seller. So he contacted the importer to get it fixed and they gave him another better lens at way below market price so it worked out to be the same cost as a new lens. So in that case the high morals really worked.

Has anyone ever returned a purchase made on eBay? I bought Obi Wan about 2 weeks ago and since then all this news of the 2nd run has broke. My wailist also just converted but before I cancel I thought I would ask. It's a dirty move I feel but would end up saving me some $$.

Was it an auction or a BIN?

I actually sold Obi Wan a couple of weeks ago but the buyer knew there was no brown shipper. He went for above retail, but in my case, all I did was make my money back as I'd bought him after the sell-out.

The buyer was a solid guy and left me good feedback, but I would hate for someone to make my life difficult on a fair, open sale just because the market fluctuated.

For myself, I've lucked out and found things at great prices, or overpaid at other times -- in this hobby that's just how it goes.

Not every reseller's a scalper -- particularly when items go at auction.

I would only return anything if I was straight-up lied to.

Last edited:
It's a dirty move I feel but would end up saving me some $$.

Never mind, I just cross-referenced your eBay profile, Instagram account and Freaks profile. You bought that Obi Wan from me.

• As mentioned, I only made my money back having bought him at an inflated price myself.
  • I started the auction slightly above retail but at a price where I was still losing money.
  • You bid on the figure four times to win it.

Just before I shipped it out to you (same day if I recall), we had an exchange where I pointed out "You should know this doesn't come with the brown shipper, that's how I received it" -- and you were fine with it, citing that the figure was more important to you than a brown shipper -- a brown shipper that was never listed as part of the auction.

You then left positive feedback.

So to be clear, yes, that'd be a "dirty move" and no, I'm not a "scalper". :slap

I'm sorry you paid more, but so did I, and you know what? I just bought an MMS304 for above-retail plus shipping because I wanted it. If it got re-issued tomorrow I wouldn't return it.

Considering I have the brown shipper messages, that wouldn't hold water anyway.

That how the hobby goes.You overpay for some things and get lucky with others. I paid $320 for AoU War Machine, now its a lot cheaper but I bought my Han and Chewy during Popcultchas glitch sale last year and paid 195 for han and 205 for chewy. I also bought Vision from them last week during another glitch for 150 so it kinda evens out in the long run.

Back