1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got him today. I absolutely love him. I don't really have a good enough eye to critique headsculpts so he looks fabulous to me. My jaw is on the floor. Here's a bad iPhone shot! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446845861.263551.jpg

I ordered earlier in the week through the midtowncomics app. Came to $198 shipped as you get a discount on your first purchase through the app.

Cheaper than Sideshow even with a coupon if you're not in NY, though technically just about the exact same price if you factor in SS rewards.

Nice price! How do you get the first order (heh) discount on the app? Is there a code? Thanks!

No it just seems to recognize that you're setting it up for the first time and it's your first purchase and applies the price discount at checkout.

Finally got "Obi-Wan Kenobi" today. This is my favorite pose for him. Best I could get him to look really.

3FbtA7M.jpg

My opinion bumped slightly from generic old guy to "that kinda resembles Kenobi in a way but I know it is not him."

I will keep him just to have all the OT Hot Toys main cast of characters. He will be back corner, hood up... or maybe battling Vader in battle of the misfit Hot Toys.

nice pose is it his birthday or something. keep the hood down don't peek

nice pose is it his birthday or something. keep the hood down don't peek

I was just joking with that pose :lol... but I really don't like the sculpt.... It has grown on me slightly though seeing it with Vader, Chewie, Han, Stormies, R2.... looks really awesome all together.

3FbtA7M.jpg

My opinion bumped slightly from generic old guy to "that kinda resembles Kenobi in a way but I know it is not him."

I will keep him just to have all the OT Hot Toys main cast of characters. He will be back corner, hood up... or maybe battling Vader in battle of the misfit Hot Toys.

Battle of Misfit Hot Toys! Lol![emoji23]
Or you could call him Cos-Play Kenobi.
If you buy HT Stan Lee, have Kenobi standing in line for an autograph![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got "Obi-Wan Kenobi" today. This is my favorite pose for him. Best I could get him to look really.

3FbtA7M.jpg

He'll look better with Hot Toys' new cosplay Vader. :wink1:

looks like he sneezed and then said who turned the light`s out :lol

:rotfl

WWEJedi said:
...I really don't like the sculpt.... It has grown on me slightly though seeing it with Vader, Chewie, Han, Stormies, R2.... looks really awesome all together.

At least he is growing on you a bit. I like him a lot more than I expected from photos, but wish HT had made him more like Alec from every angle.

Back