1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
......Even if you can't see me.
10rnuoi.jpg
Really like this pose:clap

Good shot. Really shows the details in the eyes.

Yeah, very lifelike.

Thanks.

I posted it before, but I just love the quality of the eyes.

It's still hard reckoning the sculpt with Alec Guinness when you put it side by side with a photo of the man himself. The likeness comes as goes as you move around the figure, but even so, it's a fantastically lifelike sculpt evoking an authoritative calm.

22685987242_d11dc160e0_o.jpg

I'm very pleased I decided to get him, but a shame he isn't at HT Michael Caine likeness level.

^^I'm with you there. Unfortunate it's not dead on like some others but I'm not at all unhappy I picked it up, and in fact I can't stop looking at him. The detail in the face is unreal and he's actually more fun than I thought he'd be to pose.

^^I'm with you there. Unfortunate it's not dead on like some others but I'm not at all unhappy I picked it up, and in fact I can't stop looking at him. The detail in the face is unreal and he's actually more fun than I thought he'd be to pose.

Exactly.

There's some detail missing from my photos due to the flash, such as the deep wrinkles in the brow which make him more Alec-like in hand.

While I was moving him just now I accidentally knocked the hood off his head, and Alec suddenly appeared. :lol

I'll leave him hood down for now as it's like having a brand new figure on display after getting used to him the way he was before.

He's looking good there but there's something deeply troubling about what's protruding from that hand.:lol

:lol

I know you were asking about this in the Vader thread (seemed more appropriate to post here since it's Ben), this is what some of those blogger photos might look like with the saber lit up. A lot of them light the figures up so there are very few shadows so the saber is naturally going to get a bit more washed out than it might actually look.

12001053_743061212486242_6163218572617703329_o.jpg

:lol

I know you were asking about this in the Vader thread (seemed more appropriate to post here since it's Ben), this is what some of those blogger photos might look like with the saber lit up. A lot of them light the figures up so there are very few shadows so the saber is naturally going to get a bit more washed out than it might actually look.

12001053_743061212486242_6163218572617703329_o.jpg

Yeah, but under my slightly weird IKEA Dioder lighting (which is slightly surreal and not as bright as it appears to be unless things are directly below,) I think those sabers might look okay.

Yeah, but under my slightly weird IKEA Dioder lighting (which is slightly surreal and not as bright as it appears to be unless things are directly below,) I think those sabers might look okay.

Not sure if there's variance (TK's looks pretty bright) or of the red will be much different but here are a few different shots I took a couple days ago (last one is the Kenobi poster for TFA). Haha, just noticed the nail clippers in the second shot--had to clip the cat's claws this weekend.

67fcc9dc800e591fa8ad4d7debe1bb84.jpg

4053f5d543f5f64394e8a7e6ccd2eed8.jpg

0cf51fa0badc04228f300468a6e7125f.jpg

Not sure if there's variance (TK's looks pretty bright) or of the red will be much different but here are a few different shots I took a couple days ago (last one is the Kenobi poster for TFA). Haha, just noticed the nail clippers in the second shot--had to clip the cat's claws this weekend.

I actually looks pretty good - if I put it further back from the Dioder strip, it might dimly light his face (a plus...:lol) while giving the saber enough darkness to really glow.

I'm sort of bummed I went the parts route now. Have to see if I can hunt a saber down.

"When 100 years old you reach, look as good you will not.":lol

A couple more......

1pib6e.jpg
11alvme.jpg

I love this pose. While the Obi Wan I want is a ROTS or AOTC Ewan McGregor, I do really love what you've done here and it makes me think twice on Alec here. It's fun to think how even in his age, this Obi Wan could have gone all out in combat, like you've posed, but he remains reserved. I suppose that's the fun of figures, getting to use your imagination a bit.

67fcc9dc800e591fa8ad4d7debe1bb84.jpg

Your Han looks fantastic in this picture. It really brings the likeness out.

I actually looks pretty good - if I put it further back from the Dioder strip, it might dimly light his face (a plus...:lol) while giving the saber enough darkness to really glow.

That last shot is with the lights almost off (I had the anti-image retention sweeper going on on my plasma TV behind me).

Your Han looks fantastic in this picture. It really brings the likeness out.

Thanks! :duff

Got mine yesterday and all new to this i changed the right hand to the half closed fist are you suppose to pull the fingers back to hold the light saber didnt want to break it on day 2 lol

Back